Oct 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
LOL!
I don't understand.....why don't they get some more smart people and hire them for support? And why don't they order more stock?
Dont they want to expand?
The 3DHS warehouse is run by (from what I understand manned by two guys.... Noll and "Donkey" (sorry, I don't know Donkey's real name). More employees might give a little better customer service, but....at the cost of more cost to 3DHS for wages, insurance etc.. These costs would have to be passed on to the customers by raising the price on 3DHS planes...would you want that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Controlled growth. Expand too quickly, stuff goes bad, quickly.
Case in point "Webvan"...and others that have tried to grow too fast...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
inverted-i-fly
Not saying this is the case, but as a business consultant for the past 20 years I've seen small companies with considerable sales demand like 3dhs start to prioritize customers, feeling that they can't please everyone so why not let a few go sideways, sales are super strong without the 10% of customers that whine right, let them go?

Works for a while, until a competitor exploits it
Oct 03, 2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
Not saying this is the case, but as a business consultant for the past 20 years I've seen small companies with considerable sales demand like 3dhs start to prioritize customers, feeling that they can't please everyone so why not let a few go sideways, sales are super strong without the 10% of customers that whine right, let them go?

True!!

SteveT
Oct 03, 2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:

Very true. If you have 10% of your customers voicing dissatisfaction you have another 20% that have similar feelings that are not voicing them but most likely are considering other options.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:08 PM
inverted-i-fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual Suspect
Very true. If you have 10% of your customers voicing dissatisfaction you have another 20% that have similar feelings that are not voicing them but most likely are considering other options.
what is the saying (actual statistic) "a happy customer tells 2 friends, an unhappy customer tells 17"
Oct 04, 2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:

I think that is exactly what they could be doing and that is fine by me.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
"Donkey" (sorry, I don't know Donkey's real name).

SteveT
Wade
Oct 04, 2012, 07:03 AM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
3DHS also has the problem of not really being able to control the supply side of their product. What I mean is, they can't really increase production to match demand because they don't actually own or control the production facility. I've heard Ben say he's picky about who builds 3DHS planes and he's picky about quality, so they can't just go anywhere to have them built. I believe that 3DHS is building literally as many planes as possible as fast as they can. And since they have such a hard time keeping stock, I believe they are selling every plane they make. Hiring additional support staff would probably be a net loss for 3DHS since they already are selling as much as they can produce. Adding more workers would just add more expense w/o generating more revenue.

I've often wondered if a ARF factory of sorts would work here in the states. I don't really know what the labor rates are in China but I guess it's cheaper then here. (Some people say it's pennies an hour but I have a hard time believing that.) With all the interlocking laser cut parts on these ARF's, they build up incredibly fast. I bet a skilled worker could nock out a couple 70 size airframes in a day (building, but not covering). How many teenagers would rather do that than cut grass?

Disclaimer! I've never taken any business classes or read any books on the subject. This is all just my own speculation!
Oct 04, 2012, 07:57 AM
doh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
The 3DHS warehouse is run by (from what I understand manned by two guys.... Noll and "Donkey" (sorry, I don't know Donkey's real name).
Wade is his real name. Super nice guy.
Oct 04, 2012, 08:34 AM
I dont see how buisness advise ties into the subject of this thread, off topic should be in fly low.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:00 AM
I still get nervous on final
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyDude
Hey guys. I bought a 59" Slick during the recent sale. The kit had a couple of damaged parts. I e-mailed 3DHS and they requested photos of the parts in question. I sent them the photos 5 days ago and have not heard back from them. I re-sent the photos last night just in case the original message got lost.

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm getting frustrated here. Please advise. What should I do next?

BUD...
Just to set the record straight. 3DHS contacted me this morning and they are going to take care of me.

BUD...
Oct 04, 2012, 01:25 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Good to hear! Now get that thing in the air and huck it like you hate it!
Oct 04, 2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Wade
Thank you....

SteveT
Oct 04, 2012, 06:18 PM

Motor box extension

Any one have the motor box extension from the 72 Extra, 74 Edge or the 70 Velox that they are not using, I'm working on a 72 Extra electric build and I sure could use one. Work me up a price including shipping, thanks.
Oct 04, 2012, 11:03 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
I may just have a new favorite full scale aerobatic pilot...

Zoltan Veres of Hungary flies his Extra 300S (4 min 23 sec)

Quick Reply