Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Registered User
---
Last edited by keninvic; Mar 01, 2012 at 04:12 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
These look very good and the cloth appears to be car cover material which will scratch much less than cotton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
House of Paine
weaser42's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
I picked up a 30cc one last summer from them, not sure if there are cheaper options or not.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:24 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaser42
I picked up a 30cc one last summer from them, not sure if there are cheaper options or not.
Yeah I'll probably just order it from them... just gotta find where to put it in the queue of money to spend!
Mar 01, 2012, 04:26 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Took the 48 Edge out today, and I think the elevator servo might be about to go. Sometimes on up elevator, it will act like it's on "super-low" rate, on or off throttle. If I jam down elevator, then back up, it will travel normally. Anyone had this issue? I checked the hinge and seams between the stab and elevator, and there is no binding. The pack was also a fresh charge. I can't remember the servo's brand, but the label on the side of the servo is HTX900, with translucent blue case. Thanks for any help at all!
Wow... how has that servo been performing from you? It is a very cheap servo from hobbyking. I'm not surprised at all that it's failing.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

You get what you pay for. Most of us are putting hitec hs65mg servos in that plane. They cost about $24 each.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:30 PM
Just do it.
FlyFisch's Avatar
any word on when the 71" gas slicks will be in?
Mar 01, 2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch
any word on when the 71" gas slicks will be in?
ETA page says late March.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Just do it.
FlyFisch's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
i read that, i was looking for something a lil more specific since its said that for a while now
Mar 01, 2012, 04:35 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Wow... how has that servo been performing from you? It is a very cheap servo from hobbyking. I'm not surprised at all that it's failing.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cro_Servo.html

You get what you pay for. Most of us are putting hitec hs65mg servos in that plane. They cost about $24 each.
Until today, it did fine. I bought the plane with those servos in it, so I might swap it out for Hitec. Well, on second thought, I guess I might as well swap them all, before I end up having to buy a new wing or fuse......
I'm pretty new to the whole scene, so I didn't know if maybe there was an error on my part.

Thanks brat
Mar 01, 2012, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Until today, it did fine. I bought the plane with those servos in it, so I might swap it out for Hitec. Well, on second thought, I guess I might as well swap them all, before I end up having to buy a new wing or fuse......
I'm pretty new to the whole scene, so I didn't know if maybe there was an error on my part.

Thanks brat
Those servos are only $2.69 - good enough for a cheap plane that you can afford to lose.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:39 PM
Team JetiUSA
pvogel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
Are these the wire keepers you guys are using? Do they work well?

http://www.shop.aztechaeromodels.com...?categoryId=-1
Yes, they work very well. Only place they aren't ideal is in a "high finger traffic" area like near batteries, I pull the wires out of the holder accidentally all the time, but easy to push them back.

Peter+
Mar 01, 2012, 04:43 PM
Team JetiUSA
pvogel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by harddrive8
+1 for the crimpers. I've never tried using regular crimps or pliers to crimp the PP, but the ones offered from powerwerx are wonderful. Three slots (15, 30, 45) and just squeeze until it "clicks" and you're done.
Anyone have a video of crimping the powerpoles with the supplied crimpers? I must be missing something -- my first attempt crimped beautifully but bent the connector *and* jammed in the crimper and was a royal pain to get out. My second attempt (on the assumption that I'd put the connector in the crimper upside down didn't crimp right. Fortunately I was just using practice wire.

Peter+
Mar 01, 2012, 04:44 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic
Those servos are only $2.69 - good enough for a cheap plane that you can afford to lose.
Well, I plan on having my plane until my error destroys it. I don't want to wad it up due to mechanical error. $150 airframe, or $100 in servos (which will most likely survive to fly another plane, should I destroy this one..)
Mar 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninvic
Those servos are only $2.69 - good enough for a cheap plane that you can afford to lose.
I can afford to lose a 48... but if my budget is tight I'd rather have a couple planes that fly spectacular instead of a bunch of planes with cheap parts that fly sorta ok.

Plus if you are hovering right in front of yourself you don't want to be wondering if your $3 servo will result in big ER bills.
Mar 01, 2012, 04:46 PM
Team JetiUSA
pvogel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
So is B&E graphics the place to buy a sun shade cover for an 87" Extra?

$69 doesn't seem terrible... but I was sort of hoping it would cost a little bit less than that.
I have one, I like it a lot. Hold off though because they just bought PlaneWrappers.com and so they'll soon be selling plane covers with edge-to-edge graphics capability with complex graphics.

Peter+


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15482 Yesterday 11:08 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1182 Jun 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM