Thread Tools
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:23 PM
diggity2424 is offline
Find More Posts by diggity2424
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
No, but on a 12x6, it draws about 36a. So less than that.
That pretty much answers my question. I was curious if a 40amp ESC would with stand enough amps for the 11-5.5, without pushing it to the max.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
3Dplank is offline
Find More Posts by 3Dplank
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
I just put a 11x5.5 apc on my 103 and got 42a at full all out throttle.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
I got over 40 amps out of a 72g omega with an 11.5.5 amp draw is very dependent on battery and speed control. I used an ice 50 and a 1300 mah thunderpower 45c
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
103g and x-40 with 12x6 and ran that thing hard full thortlte all the time and never had any esc heat problems. I don't have a watt meter or an amp meter. What is a good one? A watts up? where is it cheapest? Also anybody know if this thing is good and works accurately?http://www.hobbypartz.com/72p-b7078-themometer.html
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
diggity2424 is offline
Find More Posts by diggity2424
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I just put a 11x5.5 apc on my 103 and got 42a at full all out throttle.
42amps was your peak, what was it after it dropped off?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:43 PM
3Dplank is offline
Find More Posts by 3Dplank
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
42amps was your peak, what was it after it dropped off?
I don't know just gave it full throttle a couple times. 42a was as high as it got.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:45 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
uhm google?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
103g and x-40 with 12x6 and ran that thing hard full thortlte all the time and never had any esc heat problems. I don't have a watt meter or an amp meter. What is a good one? A watts up? where is it cheapest? Also anybody know if this thing is good and works accurately?http://www.hobbypartz.com/72p-b7078-themometer.html
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:55 PM
diggity2424 is offline
Find More Posts by diggity2424
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
uhm google?
gotcha!! just was wondering. usually when you go full throttle, it will peak, then drop a few amps after that while still at full throttle. thanks for the info.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:01 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Maybe my batteries aren't as good as they used to be?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
uhm google?
True I will do that but anybody know about the temp gun?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
robj is offline
Find More Posts by robj
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
I don't know just gave it full throttle a couple times. 42a was as high as it got.
.

sounds about what I remember getting. I was using as 12x6 I also recall the 72 was just about as much but several if us had them only last about 40 flights. Amazing. But the 103 did have more punch. I went back to a 72 after a 103 but really liked the power of the 103. another amazing motor. That one lasted until I sold the 42.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
That was actually meant for Keith as he seems to be search gestapo today.

The watts up is a great meter...highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
gotcha!! just was wondering. usually when you go full throttle, it will peak, then drop a few amps after that while still at full throttle. thanks for the info.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:44 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
They are good as long as you're within 8-10" max away from what ever you're measuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
True I will do that but anybody know about the temp gun?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
davebloomer is offline
Find More Posts by davebloomer
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
davebloomer's Avatar
I run a 35A eflite esc on my little slick with a 103G and 12X6. Its held up for the better part of 1500 flights. Its been in 3 planes and been mated with 3 different motors

was I to late to the party about the amperage for 103g and 11X5.5?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:07 PM
diggity2424 is offline
Find More Posts by diggity2424
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
I run a 35A eflite esc on my little slick with a 103G and 12X6. Its held up for the better part of 1500 flights. Its been in 3 planes and been mated with 3 different motors

was I to late to the party about the amperage for 103g and 11X5.5?
no, not too late. Great piece of input. I have a 40amp esc that I was going to use for the 103g motor. On the new 40 epp edge. I had the 40 amp esc laying around and didn't want to spend the $72 on the recommended 50Lite.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1170 Today 04:08 PM
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 15189 Today 03:41 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 09:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM