Thread Tools
Jul 22, 2012, 08:32 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
that is where I am at with the 54
To each his/her own....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2012, 08:40 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
I just drilled a prop and noticed that the big washer the bolts pass through isn't perfectly centered. How big of a deal is this? I know if it is off balance a lot it will cause a lot of vibration. I'd say the difference is about 1mm.
Jul 22, 2012, 08:49 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Jul 22, 2012, 08:55 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Just go to regions and click on your region.

http://mini-iac.com/

And yes it is usually bigger planes.
Jul 22, 2012, 09:10 PM
Registered User
racerman27410's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
You ran a house ac vent to the garage!!! VERY against code by the way

actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
Jul 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
Jul 22, 2012, 09:15 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Well then i think i'll get myself a 72'' Extra next. I wish i had the cash now so i could get 12% off. Oh well.
Jul 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Is that national?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410
actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Registered User
cedarville's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
And for Basic any aircraft can be used. It does not have to be a model of anything.
Jul 22, 2012, 10:19 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
jcfab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
Is that national?
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
Jul 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
Last edited by going4speed; Jul 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Jul 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
Jul 22, 2012, 11:11 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Touche!

All my planes live inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
Jul 22, 2012, 11:22 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Whoa!

Jul 23, 2012, 06:05 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
So would that be 12S10000?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
20,000
I wanna know how you wired that up?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15480 Jun 22, 2017 12:08 AM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1182 Jun 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM