To each his/her own....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
I just drilled a prop and noticed that the big washer the bolts pass through isn't perfectly centered. How big of a deal is this? I know if it is off balance a lot it will cause a lot of vibration. I'd say the difference is about 1mm.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Old Jul 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post
Anyone know how i can find IMAC competitions in my area or at least in California(link to website would be nice)?

Also is it usually only larger planes? I don't have anything bigger than 60'' but i wouldn't mind a good excuse to go bigger
Just go to regions and click on your region.

http://mini-iac.com/

And yes it is usually bigger planes.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by racerman27410
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
You ran a house ac vent to the garage!!! VERY against code by the way

actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by hone1er View Post

Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by hone1er
Team Twisted!
Well then i think i'll get myself a 72'' Extra next. I wish i had the cash now so i could get 12% off. Oh well.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
Is that national?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410 View Post
actually an air supply vent (or two) is not against code in a garage..... having a return air duct in there is definitely against code.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by cedarville
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Basic class north east 2nd place winner was a 90 sized nitro plane last year. Size is not as big an issue as it being a model of a actual full scale aircraft.
And for Basic any aircraft can be used. It does not have to be a model of anything.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
Quote:
Is that national?
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:24 PM
3DHS 'native'
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
I get the return air issue....car exhaust etc back into the house. I've seen lots of attached garages with vents in them. Was I dreaming????

Jeff
Last edited by going4speed; Jul 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:08 AM
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
Quote:
My understanding based on recent training and international building code is any penetration (vent or other) into a garage as being against code. The vent could allow fumes from the garage to travel into the living space. Also if you had gas fumes from a leaky gas tank or other gas leak/chemical leak then these fumes can get back to the heater and cause an explosion or fume entry into the living space. I believe this would fall under home owner construction and I cant imagine a hvac contractor willingly installing a vent from the living space ac into a garage. Opening an entry door into a house can cause a vacuum to draw the fumes into the house vent regardless of a return vent or not. YMMV. The vent would also comprise a break in the fire barrier. not good.

This should be about airplanes .... just sayin'

Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
3DHS 'native'
Touche!

All my planes live inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Is about airplanes ! He's trying to cool off his garage to work on them In the heat of summer I try to bring them in the house as much as possible., 76 commared to 104, much better for repair and maintenance.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
Find More Posts by Buzzed
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285 View Post
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Whoa!

Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:05 AM
Find More Posts by Eagle34
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
castle 160
4 6 cell 5000's, in a 12s configuration, 8lbs of batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
So would that be 12S10000?
Quote:
I wanna know how you wired that up?