Thread Tools
Jul 09, 2012, 07:02 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
Ill see if I can do it on the sim and make a video i I can figure out a good screen capture software. Can you record in Phoenix?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2012, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
I have been trying to do that myself. It's harder than it looks
Agreed, once locked in it was not that hard to keep it there. The locked in part is hard though.
Jul 09, 2012, 10:11 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Just ordred #8 for me, a 47" Extra to go along with my 87" Extra.
Woo hoo
Jul 10, 2012, 06:08 AM
Honeybadger don't care...
Luv3d's Avatar
Ohio- congrats on the 47" Extra; I'm sure you'll love it. By the way- is this new SHP really an SR with new LG plate and some different style covering? A few years ago 3DHS had 2 planes in this size- the 300 SHP and the 300SR. The difference was primarily an airfoiled tail to handle 4S. It was a bada$$ machine then...and this new 300 is as well.

A buddy of mine got one recently, and I flew it- holy crud, was it a nice machine. It does the coolest flat spin of any airplane I've seen. It spins well forward of the tail as the rotation point, and if hit just right, increase the rate of spin with throttle. I'm sure I have a video of it- I'll post when I find it.

anyway, congrats!: )
Jul 10, 2012, 06:16 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Subbed !
Jul 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
Serial Lurker
As a new fanatic with a 48" edge 540, I'm in freeking love. As are 90% of the people I fly with.

After throwing this sucker into a few full speed, out of a dive crankshafts everyone was just in awe of how well she took the beating.

Hot tip: this machine with a heavy pack (2250 60c thunder power) is a crankshaft and flat spin monster!

If only it wasn't so damn exxy to get them sent down to oz, I'd have another one or two at home by now.
Jul 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d
Ohio- congrats on the 47" Extra; I'm sure you'll love it. By the way- is this new SHP really an SR with new LG plate and some different style covering? A few years ago 3DHS had 2 planes in this size- the 300 SHP and the 300SR. The difference was primarily an airfoiled tail to handle 4S. It was a bada$$ machine then...and this new 300 is as well.

A buddy of mine got one recently, and I flew it- holy crud, was it a nice machine. It does the coolest flat spin of any airplane I've seen. It spins well forward of the tail as the rotation point, and if hit just right, increase the rate of spin with throttle. I'm sure I have a video of it- I'll post when I find it.

anyway, congrats!: )
Sorry I am not up on all of the released versions of this plane. I do know that it is V4 and the stab is now airfoiled. My 87" 3DHS Extra does awesome flat spins as well.
Jul 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
Registered Addict
Kris...'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d
Ohio- congrats on the 47" Extra; I'm sure you'll love it. By the way- is this new SHP really an SR with new LG plate and some different style covering? A few years ago 3DHS had 2 planes in this size- the 300 SHP and the 300SR. The difference was primarily an airfoiled tail to handle 4S. It was a bada$$ machine then...and this new 300 is as well.

A buddy of mine got one recently, and I flew it- holy crud, was it a nice machine. It does the coolest flat spin of any airplane I've seen. It spins well forward of the tail as the rotation point, and if hit just right, increase the rate of spin with throttle. I'm sure I have a video of it- I'll post when I find it.

anyway, congrats!: )
I just got my first 3DHS 47" SHP/SR Not maiden as yet as england is flooded ! would love to the flat spin vid though Luv3d
Jul 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
seems like Joe uses right rudder. I feel like inverted harrier and inverted flat spins work better with right rudder, so naturally this maneuver would as well. but if you can do it with left that's awesome.

I love watching Joe do that one. would be even more amazing 8' lower .
I'll fly it low on the weekend and see if Joe tries to out-low me with it
Jul 10, 2012, 12:59 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
Ill see if I can do it on the sim and make a video i I can figure out a good screen capture software. Can you record in Phoenix?
FRAPS is really popular with gamers and is the only one I've found that does a good job, but it's been a while since I looked. There is a trial version that allows you to record 30 seconds I believe, and it's $37 for the full version.
Jul 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
Ill see if I can do it on the sim and make a video i I can figure out a good screen capture software. Can you record in Phoenix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
FRAPS is really popular with gamers and is the only one I've found that does a good job, but it's been a while since I looked. There is a trial version that allows you to record 30 seconds I believe, and it's $37 for the full version.
Wamsy did a good bit of recording in Phoenix before he switched to RF, he would know the answer to that question...
Jul 10, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
I used FRAPS at one point when I was recording RF videos Great program, super easy to use, worth the <$40.
Not sure if there are any good free programs like that out there...
Jul 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D
I used FRAPS at one point when I was recording RF videos Great program, super easy to use, worth the <$40.
Not sure if there are any good free programs like that out there...
I usually use CNET's download.com to find free software... I tried a couple screen capture applications a few months ago and none of them worked as well as FRAPS. And by not as well I mean horridly choppy with weird colors.
Jul 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Will this work for my omega 130g? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000G0...1966250&sr=8-1
Jul 10, 2012, 07:34 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Sho' nuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15480 Jun 22, 2017 12:08 AM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1182 Jun 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM