Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 08, 2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
a good parachute should merit some high G's
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2012, 07:10 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
How do you do a hurricane !!
Holding left rudder will cause your plane to want to roll the the left and dive. So while holding left rudder you will need to hold some right aileron and some down elevator at the same time. (down elevator meaning down on the stick.)

If your are holding right rudder then you will need to hold some left aileron and some down elevator. Too much elevator you will go upline and not enough you will go into the ground. Not enough left aileron while holding right rudder you will roll right, too much aileron you will roll the other way. Vise versa.
Jul 08, 2012, 07:35 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri View Post
I doubt that. Most pilots without a suit can withstand 5G's. With G-suits and special flexing / breathing that number goes up to about 9-10 but that is about the limit before they pass out.
There was a segment on Stan lee's super humans about the g forces in an aerobatic plane. The pilot could withstand 12 g's without a g suit. They hit the 12 g's going full throttle then pulling hard strait up.
Jul 08, 2012, 07:42 PM
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
There was a segment on Stan lee's super humans about the g forces in an aerobatic plane. The pilot could withstand 12 g's without a g suit. They hit the 12 g's going full throttle then pulling hard strait up.
It's all about breathing technique and how long the acceleration is sustained for. Anyone can handle high g's for an extremely short period of time, beyond that it's about maintaining blood in your head to keep conscious.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:03 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Here is the video from superhumans
Superhumans-Greg Poe G-Force (14 min 37 sec)
Jul 08, 2012, 08:11 PM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Holding left rudder will cause your plane to want to roll the the left and dive. So while holding left rudder you will need to hold some right aileron and some down elevator at the same time. (down elevator meaning down on the stick.)

If your are holding right rudder then you will need to hold some left aileron and some down elevator. Too much elevator you will go upline and not enough you will go into the ground. Not enough left aileron while holding right rudder you will roll right, too much aileron you will roll the other way. Vise versa.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????
Jul 08, 2012, 08:14 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
Skip stewart does not use a G suit, nor do the blue angels, nor do the red bull race pilots. The USAF Thunderbirds do though.
Jul 08, 2012, 08:19 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Holding left rudder will cause your plane to want to roll the the left and dive. So while holding left rudder you will need to hold some right aileron and some down elevator at the same time. (down elevator meaning down on the stick.)

If your are holding right rudder then you will need to hold some left aileron and some down elevator. Too much elevator you will go upline and not enough you will go into the ground. Not enough left aileron while holding right rudder you will roll right, too much aileron you will roll the other way. Vise versa.
not quite... good aerobatic plane shouldnt want to roll with rudder

hurricane is banked circle where the rudder is pointing the nose towards the ground... only keeping the plane aloft by adding more elevator and managing your bank angle. it's relatively dangerous as you're riding a snap condition and managing an unfamiliar attitude
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Jul 08, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
i was wrong on the g #'s i was quoting airframe....Skip Steward pulls +12 - 7 during his airshows... I am by no means saying that your 65 year old C172 pilot is going to pull more than 3 G's... but thanks for the sharpshooting. I for one do not like being in a plane, helicopter or anyother flying machine that is doing much more than 3-4... its just not fun
Jul 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
500 pages.. just sayin'
Jul 08, 2012, 08:57 PM
Registered User
Pesty351's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
Skip stewart does not use a G suit, nor do the blue angels, nor do the red bull race pilots. The USAF Thunderbirds do though.
The max the blue angels pull during their show is 7.5g because of the limitations of the F-18 where the F-16 can go upwards of 9.5 g's. Also where the stick is located on the F-18 their more prone the the g suit affecting stick movements. Where that is not a problem on the F-16 with the sidestick.
Jul 08, 2012, 09:43 PM
Shore Huckin'
KE Spin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesty351 View Post
The max the blue angels pull during their show is 7.5g because of the limitations of the F-18 where the F-16 can go upwards of 9.5 g's. Also where the stick is located on the F-18 their more prone the the g suit affecting stick movements. Where that is not a problem on the F-16 with the sidestick.
The Blue Angels limit g's to 7.5 because they don't wear g-suits. They fly the Hornet which is capable of 9 g's. (It is the Super Hornet that is limited to 7.5 g's.)
Jul 08, 2012, 09:51 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
Toy airplanes are fun
Jul 08, 2012, 10:33 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Ok sorry maybe I don't know what a hurricane is. I should not have even said anything.
Jul 08, 2012, 11:08 PM
Currently flyin Crack Yak
I would rather have a Mai tai over a hurricane


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15370 Mar 21, 2017 10:43 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1174 Dec 27, 2016 07:51 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM