New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:27 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Josh Price on a 119 wing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:36 PM
tominator06 is offline
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
rf6
huckin
addict
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:42 PM
goflyhighrc is online now
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Josh Price on a 119 wing
Would you happen to know his RC Groups name ? would like to go back on his threads and see if I can find it.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
goflyhighrc is online now
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Found it !

Sun, 07 Nov #4 (1 min 8 sec)
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Jul 07, 2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:14 PM
lammbn is offline
Find More Posts by lammbn
Hooked on 3DHS
lammbn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
Found it ! Is that Josh or Jared ??


http://youtu.be/mfts_bdBFdA
Wow!
Old Jul 07, 2012, 11:20 PM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
as impressive as that is, I bet that wing is strong enough to hold 2 guys that size. The 119 weighs what? 36#'s, and can handle 15G's or more? I cant imagine what the dynamic load is on a wing during a blender or wall. a 200# static load is nothing.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 12:48 PM
Jeff Worsham is online now
Find More Posts by Jeff Worsham
Trying to stay out of Trouble!
Jeff Worsham's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102 View Post
the 45* upline test works as well for checking CoG
When you pull 45deg then roll inverted, what should we expect to see when cg is set properly? Should the nose drop any? Or only slightly? Mine will drop the nose starting a big arc to the ground if I don't hold some (like 3/32 - 1/8" forward stick) down elevator. Too nose heavy?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:04 PM
BoneDoc is offline
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Team 3DHS
BoneDoc's Avatar
On a symmetrical airfoil, you should see a gentle dive.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:17 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
I've had a G meter in my 57 before....Max readings were less than I thought....a typical flight with just "normal" 3D was only about 5.5 G's....you'd have to try real hard to get up past 10.....more research required....
Old Jul 08, 2012, 02:29 PM
Irg is online now
Irg
Find More Posts by Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham View Post
When you pull 45deg then roll inverted, what should we expect to see when cg is set properly? Should the nose drop any? Or only slightly? Mine will drop the nose starting a big arc to the ground if I don't hold some (like 3/32 - 1/8" forward stick) down elevator. Too nose heavy?
people have different preferences in this department, so it is somewhat subjective. I look for a gentle dive like BD said, but I also take into account how the plane is performing in knife edge and harrier.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 03:32 PM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
wow, no kidding?! i would have guessed MUCH higher, since full scale areobatic planes will pull +15/-10 and most of those guys are not in a G suit. I thought that our little toys would do more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I've had a G meter in my 57 before....Max readings were less than I thought....a typical flight with just "normal" 3D was only about 5.5 G's....you'd have to try real hard to get up past 10.....more research required....
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:56 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
wow, no kidding?! i would have guessed MUCH higher, since full scale areobatic planes will pull +15/-10 and most of those guys are not in a G suit. I thought that our little toys would do more
Would the G forces be different in different spot in the plane? Like more G's in the tail than if you were to put a meter on the battery tray?
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
Vintauri is offline
Find More Posts by Vintauri
MN WATTS Master
Vintauri's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
wow, no kidding?! i would have guessed MUCH higher, since full scale areobatic planes will pull +15/-10 and most of those guys are not in a G suit. I thought that our little toys would do more

I doubt that. Most pilots without a suit can withstand 5G's. With G-suits and special flexing / breathing that number goes up to about 9-10 but that is about the limit before they pass out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:04 PM
BoneDoc is offline
Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Team 3DHS
BoneDoc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
I've had a G meter in my 57 before....Max readings were less than I thought....a typical flight with just "normal" 3D was only about 5.5 G's....you'd have to try real hard to get up past 10.....more research required....
It sort of depends on what you're doing I think. Tumbling, as violent as it looks, probably doesn't create as much G forces because you're rotating around a fixed axis. Walls, tight hurricanes and such, though, should elicit more G forces.
Old Jul 08, 2012, 07:25 PM
goflyhighrc is online now
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc View Post
It sort of depends on what you're doing I think. Tumbling, as violent as it looks, probably doesn't create as much G forces because you're rotating around a fixed axis. Walls, tight hurricanes and such, though, should elicit more G forces.
How do you do a hurricane !!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 15188 Dec 02, 2016 08:15 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1168 Nov 30, 2016 01:46 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 09:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM