Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:25 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMiTry View Post
can you use a y harness to connect a regulator to a reciever that has the 2 connecters that plug into the reciever?
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Randidly is offline
Find More Posts by Randidly
Righteous 87
Randidly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:12 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Sounds like your retirement ticket... Get on it!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
aronph is offline
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
+1.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
plug the two plugs into unused channels on the receiver, use y-harnesses as necessary if the receiver is already full of plugs... the two plugs are to make sure that all the power doesn't flow through a single servo plug which is limited to about 3 amps.
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Daloaf is offline
Find More Posts by Daloaf
SkyHi Aerial
Daloaf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
keithy4129 is offline
Find More Posts by keithy4129
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf View Post
If you fly spektrum, there are a bunch that have high amperage power leads directly into the receiver. No idea if there are options from the inferior brands

Below are just a few of them:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9110

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...air-SPMAR12100

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...iver-SPMAR9210
Niiiiiiice! !!!!!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:14 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Ok, this confuses me a little...

If the Regulator has 2 plugs and you put that into a Y that terminates in a Single Plug, then aren't we defeating the load sharing design using two plugs? Which means more than 3A would be passing through a Single Receiver Port? That can't be right, so.....

I think what you are really saying is, (for example), put a Y on the Rudder Port so that it feeds the Rudder Servo and accepts one of the Regulators leads? If necessary, (for example), also put a Y on the Elevator Port to allow connection of the 2nd Regulator lead. Guessing this is what you really mean?

the Y isn't to bring the two connectors into one lead... it's to let you plug into another channel. Pull a plug of a servo out of the receiver, and plug that into the female of the Y, then plug a BEC wire into the other side of the Y, plug the male of the Y into the receiver where you pulled the servo out from.

...then do the same with the other plug from the BEC. This way you're not bottlenecking the power of the BEC through the one plug.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:16 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randidly View Post
I wonder when someone is going to start making receivers with a higher amperage connector "such as a Deans" built in for the bigger planes.
yup, but it's not all that hard to do if you're comfy enough with a little soldering... just need to solder a better pigtail into the servo bus. I did this with one of my receivers...



...servo bus are usually pins that are easy to solder to, put a hole through the Rx case big enough to get the wires through, solder them to the servo bus and you're good to go. I also bolstered the servo bus with a little extra wire, but not really needed.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1566
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:37 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:23 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
7oneWo1f is offline
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Here is the bipe video...go to about 4:15
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Hey firey fate if you do sell any of ur 41" edges post the link on here so i can see it or pm if you decide to sell them.
Will do. I'm definitely considering letting go of the NIB Orange 41... I just am so busy these days I hardly have time to charge batteries so I don't know when I'll get motivated to do it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:42 AM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
I just saw a NP video that featured many of the vendors at Wram, and one of the planes featured was 3DHS and what appeared to be a prototype Vyper bipe. A cool feature was that the wings are held with super strong magnets. It looked like it took two people to pull them apart, so they seemed at least as strong as wing screws. Pretty cool.
Uh, there is a whole thread about it with several videos and a TON of pictures.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:10 AM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Ok whats NIB? I dont wanna google it does your orange 41" have all the gear in it?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1169 Dec 06, 2016 03:28 PM
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 15188 Dec 02, 2016 08:15 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 09:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM