3DHS Fanatics! - Page 142 - RC Groups
Mar 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
I didn't say there was anything wrong with that (my 87 SHP runs a DA-60 w/ stock muffler). Just sounds very "poppy".
...the engine is actually pretty smooth and quiet. As the engines get smaller they usually get a higher pitch and a little more assaulting... this was a pleasant surprise, very nice.

There's no other sound in the video to use as a reference... so it's hard to gauge.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
I turned the volume up. Sounds good, looks good.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
ok. dare I ask, why not?
You may.... ....What can I say....about some things I'm "old school" and....while sometimes I may need to charge fourof the same type batteries in one evening,(I.E. when I take my 89" Slick) I usually need to charge three or four different sizes (mAH) or cell count, as I usually take three to four planes to the field each time I go....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
even parallel charging two packs at once makes life a bunch easier
Mar 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
even parallel charging two packs at once makes life a bunch easier
Sorry, I just don't care to...with my charging set-up, I can see everything I want to see I.E. how the cells are balanced, how many mAH I put in each one, and besides, I only charge at 1C anyway......and the Hypersion Chargers all do "synch mode charge and discharge,...so, I'm happy how I charge things
Here is a picture of my charging set-up....two Super DUOs and one DUO lll. The DUO lll will soon be movable to a case I am setting up to charge at the field if I want to. I have another of the "Mean Well" SE-600-15 power supplies, like the one on the bar next to my "guard tank" (it shoots "airsoft" pellets)... The two "Mean Well" PSP-1000-24 power supplies are run off of two separate circuits, and the SE-600-15 shares a circuit with the left PSP-100-24...

and...yes, this is in my home, but when I'm charging packs, I stay there and cruise the RCG forums...

SteveT
Last edited by SteveT.; Mar 31, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:06 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
ur killin me stevo....all that charging power and you dont parallel charge...
Mar 29, 2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
Like I said....don't have to.... Parallel charging was started by people that didn't have enough chargers to charge everything they needed to charge at one time...I do...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
vimeo player embedding weirdness seems to be over...

Breaking In - 3DHS 74" Edge 540 (7 min 13 sec)
Mar 29, 2012, 12:38 AM
Team Hillbilly
I grabbed a couple 13x6 protek to try only to realize I needed a prop reamer to use them. It seems the holes they have in them are smaller than a standard prop adapter. I'll have to order a metric prop reamer with my next order. The quality of them looks to be very good. We'll see how they fly.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:44 AM
3d NOOBular
Very nice flying Aaron. My 2 yr old loved it. He watches all the flying vids with me. Anyway he laughed out loud when you did that first high speed KE pass. I have to admit I laughed out loud too
Mar 29, 2012, 12:58 AM
OOPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Video of a little breaking in of the 74" Edge...

http://vimeo.com/39382446

sweet! os 33 looks up to the task!.
Mar 29, 2012, 01:15 AM
Team Hillbilly
NIce flight Aaron. I think it sounds pretty good.
Mar 29, 2012, 05:37 AM
Whoooo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
Not a huge fan of parallel either...But only charging at 1c...Well now that's just old school
Mar 29, 2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
Sorry, I just don't care to...with my charging set-up, I can see everything I want to see I.E. how the cells are balanced, how many mAH I put in each one, and besides, I only charge at 1C anyway......and the Hypersion Chargers all do "synch mode charge and discharge,...so, I'm happy how I charge things
Here is a picture of my charging set-up....two Super DUOs and one DUO lll. The DUO lll will soon be movable to a case I am setting up to charge at the field if I want to. I have another of the "Mean Well" SE-600-15 power supplies, like the one on the bar next to my "guard tank" (it shoots "airsoft" pellets)... The two "Mean Well" PSP-1000-24 power supplies are run off of two separate circuits, and the SE-600-15 shares a circuit with the left PS-100-24...

and...yes, this is in my home, but when I'm charging packs, I stay there and cruise the RCG forums...

SteveT
Nice Tank, you chase the neighbors cat with it?
Mar 29, 2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Video of a little breaking in of the 74" Edge...

http://vimeo.com/39382446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
The OS 33 sounds loud.
Quote:
...turn the volume down on your computer
Now that's a sweet video of a sweet running engine.

And LOL turn the volume down.

Quick Reply