3DHS Fanatics! - Page 142 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
I didn't say there was anything wrong with that (my 87 SHP runs a DA-60 w/ stock muffler). Just sounds very "poppy".
...the engine is actually pretty smooth and quiet. As the engines get smaller they usually get a higher pitch and a little more assaulting... this was a pleasant surprise, very nice.

There's no other sound in the video to use as a reference... so it's hard to gauge.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2012, 10:17 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
I turned the volume up. Sounds good, looks good.
Mar 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
ok. dare I ask, why not?
You may.... ....What can I say....about some things I'm "old school" and....while sometimes I may need to charge fourof the same type batteries in one evening,(I.E. when I take my 89" Slick) I usually need to charge three or four different sizes (mAH) or cell count, as I usually take three to four planes to the field each time I go....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 28, 2012, 10:49 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
even parallel charging two packs at once makes life a bunch easier
Mar 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
even parallel charging two packs at once makes life a bunch easier
Sorry, I just don't care to...with my charging set-up, I can see everything I want to see I.E. how the cells are balanced, how many mAH I put in each one, and besides, I only charge at 1C anyway......and the Hypersion Chargers all do "synch mode charge and discharge,...so, I'm happy how I charge things
Here is a picture of my charging set-up....two Super DUOs and one DUO lll. The DUO lll will soon be movable to a case I am setting up to charge at the field if I want to. I have another of the "Mean Well" SE-600-15 power supplies, like the one on the bar next to my "guard tank" (it shoots "airsoft" pellets)... The two "Mean Well" PSP-1000-24 power supplies are run off of two separate circuits, and the SE-600-15 shares a circuit with the left PSP-100-24...

and...yes, this is in my home, but when I'm charging packs, I stay there and cruise the RCG forums...

SteveT
Last edited by SteveT.; Mar 31, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:06 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
ur killin me stevo....all that charging power and you dont parallel charge...
Mar 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
ur killin me stevo....all that charging power and you dont parallel charge...
Like I said....don't have to.... Parallel charging was started by people that didn't have enough chargers to charge everything they needed to charge at one time...I do...

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 28, 2012, 11:24 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
vimeo player embedding weirdness seems to be over...

Breaking In - 3DHS 74" Edge 540 (7 min 13 sec)
Mar 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
I grabbed a couple 13x6 protek to try only to realize I needed a prop reamer to use them. It seems the holes they have in them are smaller than a standard prop adapter. I'll have to order a metric prop reamer with my next order. The quality of them looks to be very good. We'll see how they fly.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:44 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Very nice flying Aaron. My 2 yr old loved it. He watches all the flying vids with me. Anyway he laughed out loud when you did that first high speed KE pass. I have to admit I laughed out loud too
Mar 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Video of a little breaking in of the 74" Edge...

http://vimeo.com/39382446

...
sweet! os 33 looks up to the task!.
Mar 29, 2012, 12:15 AM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
NIce flight Aaron. I think it sounds pretty good.
Mar 29, 2012, 04:37 AM
Whoooo!
StormJunkie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
ur killin me stevo....all that charging power and you dont parallel charge...
Not a huge fan of parallel either...But only charging at 1c...Well now that's just old school
Mar 29, 2012, 07:05 AM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
Sorry, I just don't care to...with my charging set-up, I can see everything I want to see I.E. how the cells are balanced, how many mAH I put in each one, and besides, I only charge at 1C anyway......and the Hypersion Chargers all do "synch mode charge and discharge,...so, I'm happy how I charge things
Here is a picture of my charging set-up....two Super DUOs and one DUO lll. The DUO lll will soon be movable to a case I am setting up to charge at the field if I want to. I have another of the "Mean Well" SE-600-15 power supplies, like the one on the bar next to my "guard tank" (it shoots "airsoft" pellets)... The two "Mean Well" PSP-1000-24 power supplies are run off of two separate circuits, and the SE-600-15 shares a circuit with the left PS-100-24...

and...yes, this is in my home, but when I'm charging packs, I stay there and cruise the RCG forums...

SteveT
Nice Tank, you chase the neighbors cat with it?
Mar 29, 2012, 07:11 AM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Video of a little breaking in of the 74" Edge...

http://vimeo.com/39382446

...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
The OS 33 sounds loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
...turn the volume down on your computer
Now that's a sweet video of a sweet running engine.

And LOL turn the volume down.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15510 Today 05:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1182 Jun 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM