3DHS Fanatics! - Page 137 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 26, 2012, 07:15 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
All I have to say is it's a good thing there are no grammar or spelling police here...and I am "not" pointing any fingers at anybody..

SteveT
watt doo u meen?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
RF6
Huckin
flylow
Mar 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
guys,
I have a Hitec optima 6 lite receiver. $40 shipped CONUS if anyone needs it.
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Mar 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
watt doo u meen?
nuttin.....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Mar 26, 2012, 11:16 PM
Team Twisted!
hone1er's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
guys,
I have a Hitec optima 6 lite receiver. $40 shipped CONUS if anyone needs it.
Ill take it...pm me your paypal info. Thanks
Mar 26, 2012, 11:42 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
I need a recommendation for a throttle servo that can run on 2s unregulated. Or... I need to drop the voltage on my throttle servo. Any suggestions on what to do? I have lots of small or standard servos kicking around but nothing that will handle the voltage I'm going to run to the rx.
Mar 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar

gas / smoke


Been thinking of doing a 70 inch or so plane in gas with smoke. I have three Slicks 89 gas-70 and 50 electric. Love the Slicks! thinking of doing a 71 Slick with the gas/smoke, but maybe I should try the 74" Edge. How does the 74 compare to the 71 Slick in size side by side. Do they fly that much differant/
Mar 27, 2012, 12:09 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Not personal experience but I don't think the edge is going to snap as well... If that is important to you.

Can I just put a diode or two in line with my servo to drop the voltage?
Mar 27, 2012, 12:32 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
I have a Hitec Optima 7. $55 shipped CONUS . pm me if you want it.

in good condition, used in one plane, no mounting hardware included.
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Mar 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
im running a hitec HS5665 for my 74 unregulated works great and is nice and fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
Not personal experience but I don't think the edge is going to snap as well... If that is important to you.

Can I just put a diode or two in line with my servo to drop the voltage?
Mar 27, 2012, 12:59 AM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
ok, final spam post.

motrolfly DM 2820-750 missing x mount. ($1.95 from Ken)

good condition

$55 shipped. paypal as a gift or add 3% fees .
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Mar 27, 2012, 11:07 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
ok, final spam post.

motrolfly DM 2820-750 missing x mount. ($1.95 from Ken)

good condition

$55 shipped. paypal as a gift or add 3% fees .
So this would probably be a nice motor for a Vyper or a SuperVyper (48") ??
Mar 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
So this would probably be a nice motor for a Vyper or a SuperVyper (48") ??
maybe i am wrong but seems like it would be more of a 51" slick motor. Although turning a 14x7 prop on 4s in a 48" plane would be pretty awesome
Mar 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
maybe i am wrong but seems like it would be more of a 51" slick motor. Although turning a 14x7 prop on 4s in a 48" plane would be pretty awesome
Nope - I think the DM3615-750 is the better motor for the 51" Slick
(I just ordered one of these; it is home waiting for me to install)
Mar 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
I need a recommendation for a throttle servo that can run on 2s unregulated. Or... I need to drop the voltage on my throttle servo. Any suggestions on what to do? I have lots of small or standard servos kicking around but nothing that will handle the voltage I'm going to run to the rx.
I bounced around on that question for awhile for my 87 SHP and just went with a Hitec 7954. It's stupid overkill, but I wanted something reasonably fast and all of the cheaper HV servos were too slow. Also in a pinch I could swap it out for one of my 7955's since the specs are the same, just not titanium gears.

I would be really hesitant about using a bunch of diodes to drop the voltage down for a regular servo. They're usually about a 0.7V drop under load (less with no-load), so you would probably need 3 of them to get a fully charged 2s LiPo below 6V. You can get a fairly inexpensive and small inline voltage regulator since it would only be operating a single servo.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15840 Nov 15, 2017 06:26 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1192 Oct 17, 2017 07:26 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 06:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM