Feb 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
I'm looking for a prepackaged banana plug female box. something with maybe two or three pairs of banana plug female ports that I can just plug in / wire to my meanwell powersupply. anything like this out there?

nevermind, here:
power strip
Bzzt. Current limitations because of the switches, check this out.

Peter+
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
nice. getting a backup right off the bat. I admire your foresight!
Gotta hoard 'em when they're available.
Feb 10, 2012, 05:50 PM
customstandoffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
isnt the 16S an 8S motor?....wouldnt the 14S be for 6S?
No, the hacker A50-16S is a 6S motor for 17"-19" props
Feb 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Bzzt. Current limitations because of the switches, check this out.

Peter+
hmmm....yes but only the switched channels are limited to 10 amps. the remaining channels are 40 amp--more than enough for me.

thanks for the link, though, that powerblock looks good, too.
Feb 10, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
hmmm....yes but only the switched channels are limited to 10 amps. the remaining channels are 40 amp--more than enough for me.

thanks for the link, though, that powerblock looks good, too.
By the way, if you are in the west, Progressive RC and EPBuddy have almost exactly the same set of products and Progressive is Seattle-based so stuff gets to you in 1-2 days via $5 shipping.

Peter+
Feb 10, 2012, 06:21 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
definitely not in the west
<
Feb 10, 2012, 08:39 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
definitely not in the west
<
Yeah, you're not far from my Sister. I was addressing the broad "you" as in y'all, but some how my Texan roots broke down :-)

Peter+
Feb 10, 2012, 08:44 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
theres two servo leads, a deans lead and a balance lead on my EPBuddy a123's....the one I use for the Rx/servos has both servo leads plugged in to the Rx for power, but I only have ONE switch so i have to run one through the switch and unplug one every time...meaning I have to take the canopy off every flight to unplug the system....is everybody using these?....
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...ITCHBLACK.html
Feb 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvogel
Yeah, you're not far from my Sister. I was addressing the broad "you" as in y'all, but some how my Texan roots broke down :-)

Peter+
I really don't think I would admit to being "from" Texas (other than "far away from")....

I will admit to having "lived" in Texas (through no fault of my own)...but I left as soon as I could!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Feb 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
Had an awesome day of flying the crap out of my 59 Slick and 68 Velox. Scraped the SFG twice on low KE passes with the Velox. It's a custom look.......
Feb 10, 2012, 10:33 PM
customstandoffs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Had an awesome day of flying the crap out of my 59 Slick and 68 Velox. Scraped the SFG twice on low KE passes with the Velox. It's a custom look.......
That's awesome!

I've only done that with my 48 EPP Extra
Feb 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
theres two servo leads, a deans lead and a balance lead on my EPBuddy a123's....the one I use for the Rx/servos has both servo leads plugged in to the Rx for power, but I only have ONE switch so i have to run one through the switch and unplug one every time...meaning I have to take the canopy off every flight to unplug the system....is everybody using these?....
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...ITCHBLACK.html
I use this .http://www.chiefaircraft.com/radio-c...up-switch.html
Feb 11, 2012, 06:27 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo111
thanks there telink teeth
Feb 11, 2012, 01:21 PM
Team JetiUSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo
I really don't think I would admit to being "from" Texas (other than "far away from")....

I will admit to having "lived" in Texas (through no fault of my own)...but I left as soon as I could!!

SteveT
I'm not actually "from" Texas, I'm from the home of the Atomic Bomb: Los Alamos, New Mexico. But I spent my 6th grade year in Austin (Worst year of my life) while my Dad took a sabatical to get his PhD and then I went to university in Austin (University of Texas at Austin, best 4 years of my life up to that point) and cannot wait to get back to Austin.

So, as the bumper stickers say -- I'm not a native texan, but I got there as fast as I could :-)

That said, if you tried to put me in any other city in Texas I would have to pass. It's not Texas that I like, it's Austin :-) Well, I could probably happily live in San Antonio as well.

Peter+
Feb 11, 2012, 02:57 PM
No one has more fun than me
OK, I have a Velox for sale and no bites, so I think I will gather the items to build it soon...

Question.... DLE 20 or 30???

Quick Reply