Oct 20, 2014, 11:40 PM
I ordered some new antennas and will give them a try. I have seen reports of 11 km range with these antennas on receiver and a 7 db patch antenna on tx.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2015, 09:54 PM

Aurora 9x with 5ch receiver, ppm questions

Basically I want to bind this receiver to my tx and use the ppm feature to connect it to a micro quad alienwii control board, now I'm new to ppm do what do I new to do? Is the urora 9x ppm compatable? Does it matter as the receiver connects to the board via ppm? Please help ! Love what your doing Simon but I need some advice!!
Feb 28, 2015, 09:56 PM
RC Warjet
I believe the 9X does not have ppm, the 9 does.
Mar 01, 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
I believe the 9X does not have ppm, the 9 does.
You must be kidding i don't know any tx released after 2010 that will not have ppm on the tx.
However Ppm on the rx is independent from the TX, and it will be there on Simon's receiver, but not on original hitec one.
Mar 01, 2015, 04:47 PM
RC Warjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumixmd
You must be kidding i don't know any tx released after 2010 that will not have ppm on the tx.
However Ppm on the rx is independent from the TX, and it will be there on Simon's receiver, but not on original hitec one.
So in the one you own, you've already gone inside and found ppm source? Technical specs on the 9X has no info on ppm.
Mar 02, 2015, 12:54 PM
Quote:
So in the one you own, you've already gone inside and found ppm source? Technical specs on the 9X has no info on ppm.
I don't own 9x. I own Aurora 9. While powering up with mono plug connected to trainer port you will see a button called [Multi I/O] where you can set the TX in student mode. That means the TX will send PPM data thru trainer port.
About any tx on the market uses PPM between trainer and master tx, except few which are using Wifi or proprietary protocols.

Also check this link, Alan always has answer for everything that has Hitec inscription on it:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...39&postcount=1
Dec 27, 2016, 07:32 PM

Is it possible to flash these RXs back to FrSky?

Hi,
I have 3 of these Hitec minima compatible receivers. Two 4 channels and one 5 channel. They have been great on my Aurora 9. However, I have now moved to a Taranis and would like to know if it is possible to re-purpose the receivers back to the FrSky system. If so, what would I need? I tried to sell them locally here in New Zealand but there does not seem to be much interest.

Thanks.
Dec 27, 2016, 07:41 PM
RC Warjet
Put the Hitec 2.4 JR-fit module in the back of the Taranis.
Aug 10, 2017, 11:11 AM
What does red and green fast blinking lights mean??
Aug 10, 2017, 11:17 AM
RC Warjet
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesillyhatch
What does red and green fast blinking lights mean??
On the Hitec Minima, Frsky Minima, or Frsky Delta receiver?
Aug 10, 2017, 11:21 AM

Frysky?

Quote:
On the Hitec Minima, Frsky Minima, or Frsky Delta receiver?
I guess frysky minima... the 5 channel from hobbyking.

Thanks
Aug 10, 2017, 11:51 AM
RC Warjet
According to the Minima instructions:

With the Link button pressed, power up the receiver.
Both RED and BLUE LEDs will blink rapidly
to find the transmitter signal.
Release the link button when the
RED LED on the receiver glows steady
Aug 10, 2017, 12:25 PM

Wrong receiver

Quote:
According to the Minima instructions:

With the Link button pressed, power up the receiver.
Both RED and BLUE LEDs will blink rapidly
to find the transmitter signal.
Release the link button when the
RED LED on the receiver glows steady
I think that's the larger 6 channel. This is the little one where you have to jump pin one and five to bind. After I put power to receiver instantly I get red and green flashing lights instead of green. It will connect to my optima receiver though.
Aug 10, 2017, 01:40 PM

Got it to bind sort of

Quote:
I think that's the larger 6 channel. This is the little one where you have to jump pin one and five to bind. After I put power to receiver instantly I get red and green flashing lights instead of green. It will connect to my optima receiver though.
So I pulled out an old hump pack 6.0v and got it to bind... stupid me attached a servo and it started smoking... (6.0v). It worked for a second. So I reattached everything to my plane and plugged in the 2s lipo and the light goes back to flashing green instead of red. Are these no good with 2s lipos or bec esc's?

Update plugged speed controller into channel 5 and it bound but I do not have throttle since that is channel 3.. all other channels work. Do I need some sort of splitter? Kind of stupid to me whole point is to be light???
Last edited by onesillyhatch; Aug 10, 2017 at 01:48 PM.
Aug 10, 2017, 06:22 PM
Quote:
So I pulled out an old hump pack 6.0v and got it to bind... stupid me attached a servo and it started smoking... (6.0v). It worked for a second. So I reattached everything to my plane and plugged in the 2s lipo and the light goes back to flashing green instead of red. Are these no good with 2s lipos or bec esc's?

Update plugged speed controller into channel 5 and it bound but I do not have throttle since that is channel 3.. all other channels work. Do I need some sort of splitter? Kind of stupid to me whole point is to be light???
What transmitter do you use? With the Aurora 9 I simply asign the throttle on channel 5 with these micro recievers. Easy fix.

If you use something different than the Aurora, as simple mix should sort it out. You can't do anything with a splitter / y-cable.

Quick Reply