Flat Foamie Series from RA Cores - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 03, 2012, 07:23 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbuck1
Thanks for all your help setting up my plane yesterday Jim. Its very much appreiciated. For cheap money you get a great flying plane. I'll be sure to order more in the future. Thanks again Jim.
you did a great job and it flew well. Gotta get a couple of pictures of that paint job for the gallery. You seemed to be having fun with it later in the day.
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2012, 07:26 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
DUBRO has OEM bulk pricing.

Azarr
Yeah, I haven't gotten that connection yet. Could probably use stuff like the hatch latches for the GremTwin also.

I think we were coming into WRAM behind you saturday but by the time I made the connection you had disappeared into the crowd. What did you think of the new venue?
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Mar 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
RIP Azarr - "Old age is not for sissies"
Azarr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Yeah, I haven't gotten that connection yet. Could probably use stuff like the hatch latches for the GremTwin also.

I think we were coming into WRAM behind you saturday but by the time I made the connection you had disappeared into the crowd. What did you think of the new venue?
Must have been my evil twin, I wasn't there.

Azarr
Mar 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Must have been my evil twin, I wasn't there.

Azarr
people claim that about me all the time too. I try to explain I'm the evil one
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Mar 05, 2012, 06:20 PM
crash and burn
brandonbuck1's Avatar
jim i adjusted my aleron servo and push rods. i think i got them to where they need to be. they are no longer pulling at the hinges. the design of the plane made this an easy fix...just had to reposition the servo. the push rods stayed the same. quick easy fix. once again great plane to work on and fix. i think this is a great design comming from a green horn.
Mar 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonbuck1
jim i adjusted my aleron servo and push rods. i think i got them to where they need to be. they are no longer pulling at the hinges. the design of the plane made this an easy fix...just had to reposition the servo. the push rods stayed the same. quick easy fix. once again great plane to work on and fix. i think this is a great design comming from a green horn.
Glad to hear you're having fun with it. I really like how colorful yours is. With the time change this weekend and the 60 degree temps creeping into the forecast, you can get some outdoor flights in when the winds typically die off at dusk after work. I fly mine outdoors at the field all summer
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Mar 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
crash and burn
brandonbuck1's Avatar
i have a few pics of my plane i would like to put on your website. i had trouble sending. i can send them to another address.
Mar 17, 2012, 09:59 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
one of the guys (Alan) has been embedding Spiderwire brand Kevlar fishing line into the edge of his combat Yak. This was put to the test recently and here is the video of the successful outcome. Check out from 9:10 on if you want to get to the finale

Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
May 03, 2012, 11:36 AM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar

Spitfire taking shape


Continuing the Flat Foamie Series (it is a series after all) I have been working on several follow on designs. The one closest to completion is an EPP Spitfire that I have prototyped and flying. Size is very similar to the Yak55 and I expect the cost will be also. Currently just a 9mm EPP version is in the works. I did a short video yesterday indoors that shows it flying slow and low, good rudder authority and stability and had some fun. I did the maiden flight outdoors last weekend and it handled the wind just fine. All in all it flew off the board and so now I just need to finalize all the specs and get them cut out and packaged with the carbon and horns. Still not sure what I will do as far as painting the kits so initially it will be unpainted. Leadfeather used printed tissue paper for markings on his P-51 so I might try doing that to see if I can get something that looks good over a simple camo paint scheme

Spitfire.m4v (1 min 14 sec)
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
May 03, 2012, 02:10 PM
Registered User

Excellent service!


I ordered one of these close to midnight on Friday night. It was shipped from Maine on Monday and I had it in my hands in Oklahoma by lunchtime on Thursday. The kit was well packed and looks very nicely cut.

Thank you, Jim.

Dave
May 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombudsman
I ordered one of these close to midnight on Friday night. It was shipped from Maine on Monday and I had it in my hands in Oklahoma by lunchtime on Thursday. The kit was well packed and looks very nicely cut.

Thank you, Jim.

Dave
Well, Massachusetts, not Maine but glad you got it safe and sound. Look forward to any feedback you care to share and remember the instructions are also on the website with clickable pictures that expand for better detail

(is it done yet?)
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
May 03, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Well, Massachusetts, not Maine but glad you got it safe and sound. Look forward to any feedback you care to share and remember the instructions are also on the website with clickable pictures that expand for better detail

(is it done yet?)
Oops! Sorry about the wrong state. Nevertheless, fast service. It's done in my mind, as I have studied the instructions online, but having just had time to briefly look at the kit on my lunch break, it has yet to take corporeal form.
May 03, 2012, 02:41 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombudsman
Oops! Sorry about the wrong state. Nevertheless, fast service. It's done in my mind, as I have studied the instructions online, but having just had time to briefly look at the kit on my lunch break, it has yet to take corporeal form.
No worry on the state, just joshing. They used to be the same colony (and no, I'm not old enough to remember ) The tabbed construction goes together quick and true, shouldn't take you very long. Remember, a new blade or snap knife cuts the bevels clean. if it starts to drag/tear change the blade. love a completed picture to put in our Yak gallery too
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
May 03, 2012, 03:35 PM
Registered User

Sorry about this, but...


I'm sure it has been discussed ad nauseum in multiple threads, but what kind(s) of paint is/are suitable for EPP?
May 03, 2012, 03:43 PM
Kit Manufacturer
coreman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombudsman
I'm sure it has been discussed ad nauseum in multiple threads, but what kind(s) of paint is/are suitable for EPP?
The only stupid questions are those unasked...

EPP tolerates pretty much anything. Rattle can Krylon/Rustolium to the airbrush water based acrylics like Createx (which is what I use for the painted ones). Remember EPP is like a sponge so it is very easy to use too much and have it soak up a lot of weight. use a light spray and several light coats for best results. paper masks held down with pins work really well as tape can lift off previous layers

If you want to learn more about it there is some great info and videos at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=985105
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product RA Cores Product announcements coreman Product Announcements 8 Mar 14, 2014 02:20 PM
Discussion First Flat foamie 3d plane...need help. skeasor 3D Foamies 12 Aug 11, 2011 02:42 PM
Discussion building a flat foamie roneng Foamies (Kits) 4 Jun 29, 2011 11:19 AM
Help! 64mm shroud vibrating in a flat foamie THX-181 Foamy EDFs 5 May 06, 2011 06:46 AM
Wanted ra cores gremlin boko Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 12, 2007 11:40 PM