Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by anthony7820
Team CJ Youngblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I can't figure out my position on helicopters. If I don't have one I want one but then when I have one I want to sell it so I can buy more planes! It's a vicious cycle! LOL!! For now I think I'll just kinda dabble with them. I have an mCPx which is cool and fun but good lord... if it gets more than 15 feet away it's nearly impossible to see. I just got rid of a FBL 450 Pro but I'm already missing it. I think I'm going to try out the new Blad 130x when it comes out - it's slightly bigger than the mCPx but has tons of power for doing mild 3D (which is all I'm capable of right now).
I just got a Trex 450 pro. The 130x looks nice too, i'm looking forward to seeing what it is capable of

I like helicopters because they are easy to haul, can fly them almost anywhere(no runway needed), and when you wreck, you buy new parts and you basically have a brand new helicopter.

With airplanes you buy what you need to get it going and there is no need to spend anymore money until you need a new air frame, but you need a big truck or trailer to haul them, require alittle more space, and you have to put them together at the field

So I like them both and fly them both for now, until someone tells me otherwise
Last edited by anthony7820; Jun 01, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by harddrive8
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93 View Post
Random question to everyone. How long have you been flying for?
I think this will make my 3rd or 4th summer flying. I started on a Flyzone SkyFly 2, and moved to a Parkzone T-28. Moved through all sorts of airframes since then. I picked up my first glass of kool-aid last year at Joe Nall with a Velox. Own/owned a laundry list of 3DHS planes, and have sold some to a friend to obtain more. The kool-aid is alcohol free, but it's sure addicting!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
I just want to say no school for the rest of the summer!!!!!

I am going to celebrate on phoenix

huckin
addict
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
I was out a week ago
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by Draven
Fly Low Fly Fast
nevermind got it
Last edited by Draven; Jun 01, 2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:02 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I was out a week ago
Yeah but when did you start?
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
I woud be willing to let my upgraded Align 450 pro go pretty cheap I have a ton of parts and an align case

Quote:
Random question to everyone. How long have you been flying for?
My wife bought me a hobbyzone supercub for fathersday of 07
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:16 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I woud be willing to let my upgraded Align 450 pro go pretty cheap I have a ton of parts and an align case

My wife bought me a hobbyzone supercub for fathersday of 07
Super cub, lol. My dad got it, never flew it I tried to get him to let me buddy box him and got really mad and just told me to fly my planes. Then for christmas my mom got one and I thought uhhhh what is this this thing doesent even have ailerons lol But I did not say that to her I just got her to send it back since my dad already had one.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by SteveT.
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Red Big Foot looks good too!!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Super cub, lol. My dad got it, never flew it I tried to get him to let me buddy box him and got really mad and just told me to fly my planes. Then for christmas my mom got one and I thought uhhhh what is this this thing doesent even have ailerons lol But I did not say that to her I just got her to send it back since my dad already had one.
Its hard to go back and fly a plane like the supercub after flying one of these powerful and agile planes.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
nevermind got it
Get back on, sometimes when I drag a wing tip my phoenix will shut down, if I leave when and don't say anything then that means i got kicked out and will be back in 1 min.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
Phoenix shuts down from dragging a wing tip? gee...
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
No doubt! I would spend all day logging in!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Yeah its crappy, like if I start a rolling harrier from take off and touch my elevator on not even the first roll it will say phoenix has stop working, a problem has caused phoenix to stop working, then all I can do is click close program. Anybody else ever have this problem? If you try it try doing it to a paved spot not grass.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:09 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
No doubt! I would spend all day logging in!
Yeah yesterday I did it about 8 times and it only does it about a certain way when I am in high alpha KE and drag elev i can do it all day but any other time it will do it 30% of the time.