Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
May 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
yea thats why i am not gonna crash i havent really "crashed" my 42" since the week after i got it that one crash alot of peices of wood just cracked, and i beleive the wind helped me crash, lol, no it was mostly because i still wasent good at a hover but i am much better than i was the week after i got my 42"
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 13, 2012, 05:15 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
The 8fg has much more programming options than the dx8 ( yes have programmed both) I also do not fully trust spektrums signal anymore ( me and way to many others have had way to many issues)

Hone1er posted the same equipment I used in my 51 slick. I used the lite version of the castle esc. I couldn't ask for a better setup.
May 13, 2012, 05:16 PM
Master of the figure 9
Old Man's Avatar

Viking Funeral!!!!


TheRealMonson's 42" A.J.Slick was finally put out of it's misery. After many repairs and a replacement kit on the work bench, David has been flying the little Slick a lot harder then normal. His attitude was; who cares, fly it like you stole it. The Slick contacted the ground doing a low rolling harrier and cracked the side of the fuse. After his evaluation, David decided it was time for a Viking Funeral. He installed a new batteries and put her back in the air. He took off, climb for the stars and went into a knife edge spin. The canopy came off but the air frame stayed in tact. Disappointed, David tried several full throttle blenders. Again, the air frame held! So he went for a knife edge into the ground. I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

David
May 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Crashing happens to even the best pilots. Though with that said the bigger ones are easier to fly and normally crash less often
May 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man
TheRealMonson's 42" A.J.Slick was finally put out of it's misery. After many repairs and a replacement kit on the work bench, David has been flying the little Slick a lot harder then normal. His attitude was; who cares, fly it like you stole it. The Slick contacted the ground doing a low rolling harrier and cracked the side of the fuse. After his evaluation, David decided it was time for a Viking Funeral. He installed a new batteries and put her back in the air. He took off, climb for the stars and went into a knife edge spin. The canopy came off but the air frame stayed in tact. Disappointed, David tried several full throttle blenders. Again, the air frame held! So he went for a knife edge into the ground. I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.

David
Ouch
May 13, 2012, 05:23 PM
Master of the figure 9
Old Man's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Ouch
I think his smile tells the story. He has been trying to break that plane for several weeks. Tomorrow, He will be starting on his Orange 42" which matches his 71".
May 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
anybody have a good crash course on what i need to know for building a gas plane and what goes into the power system? I know electric and nothing about Gas stuff. Looking at doing a 30cc or 50cc plane at this time.
May 13, 2012, 06:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
anybody have a good crash course on what i need to know for building a gas plane and what goes into the power system? I know electric and nothing about Gas stuff. Looking at doing a 30cc or 50cc plane at this time.
just go 50cc....it wont be much more expensive...get the 87...dle55 is plenty big....put GOOD servos in it
May 13, 2012, 06:17 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
anybody have a good crash course on what i need to know for building a gas plane and what goes into the power system? I know electric and nothing about Gas stuff. Looking at doing a 30cc or 50cc plane at this time.
+1. I'm looking at a 74" Edge after a 51" Slick
May 13, 2012, 06:17 PM
Ta-dah!
blakevan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
just go 50cc....it wont be much more expensive...get the 87...dle55 is plenty big....put GOOD servos in it and keep it out of the trees
Fixed it for ya
May 13, 2012, 06:25 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
just go 50cc....it wont be much more expensive...get the 87...dle55 is plenty big....put GOOD servos in it
well i was looking at another 50cc airframe due to free shipping but still rely on these threads for information as i havent been steered wrong yet. The fun part is all in how i am going to work on getting the plane to the field
May 13, 2012, 06:25 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Skarface, you could always go with a hobbywing platinum esc. They are known to be good. This one is on sale right now so it is cheaper than normal.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-platinum-80a.html
May 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Crashing happens to even the best pilots. Though with that said the bigger ones are easier to fly and normally crash less often
I like that normally crash less
May 13, 2012, 06:29 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
anybody have a good crash course on what i need to know for building a gas plane and what goes into the power system? I know electric and nothing about Gas stuff. Looking at doing a 30cc or 50cc plane at this time.
You've got some nerve, sitting at Joe Nall and thinking about Gas!
May 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
You've got some nerve, sitting at Joe Nall and thinking about Gas!
Yeah i did get to fly my electric plane but damn those gassers are sexy. Unfortunately i didnt have the time off so i am home now, would have been nice to meet the 3dhs crew.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM