3DHS Fly Low Thread - (frequently off topic) - Page 592 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
May 03, 2012, 09:35 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Awesome!


My older kids don't want to do anything in real life, they would rather find an app and pretend that they did it. My little one likes dirt bikes and planes though, so there's hope!!!
Yeah its nice to get the kids out and away from the video games every once in a while
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D
That sounds rad! I did a demo for some scouts a while back and they ate it up. The other guy that did the 1st demo was kinda reckless (not in a 3D way, either) but I think I inspired some youngsters to get into the hobby.

I'll be performing an airshow for a bunch of full scale guys with the 104" slick in June, they're going to get a huge kick out of what that plane does.
I really want to shove some more power into it though, the DLE-111 works but just doesn't do it for me. It looks like the first 2 seconds of a space shuttle launch when full throttling out of a hover. I'm thinking DA-120...

The slick flys so good though it distracts me from the lack of oomph regularly. The main reason I want more power is so it can really utilize it's roll rate potential at higher speeds, and for it to pull around high speed rolling loops better without wanting to slow down so much.

I also want to upgrade from a 27x10 to like, a 28x12 or so...
Yeah. I'm excited. My biggest plane right now is a 58" edge so I'll probably be flying that.
May 03, 2012, 09:40 PM
Team 3DHS
CrashesALot's Avatar
Awesome, Congrats. Losi!
May 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.

Any chance we will see a skywing version slick in the future?
May 03, 2012, 09:42 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.

Any chance we will see a skywing version slick in the future?
I don't see why they would stop selling profile planes. They are the best throw around backyard planes.
May 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
There going out of business?
May 03, 2012, 09:45 PM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie3D
That sounds rad! I did a demo for some scouts a while back and they ate it up. The other guy that did the 1st demo was kinda reckless (not in a 3D way, either) but I think I inspired some youngsters to get into the hobby.

I'll be performing an airshow for a bunch of full scale guys with the 104" slick in June, they're going to get a huge kick out of what that plane does.
I really want to shove some more power into it though, the DLE-111 works but just doesn't do it for me. It looks like the first 2 seconds of a space shuttle launch when full throttling out of a hover. I'm thinking DA-120...

The slick flys so good though it distracts me from the lack of oomph regularly. The main reason I want more power is so it can really utilize it's roll rate potential at higher speeds, and for it to pull around high speed rolling loops better without wanting to slow down so much.

I also want to upgrade from a 27x10 to like, a 28x12 or so...
Trixie good to see you on rcg. My 111 is like a rocket in the slick but it rips the xoar carbon pretty easy i know they won't put up with the ripping at Joe Nall. Thinking about trying a vess stealth 28b.
May 03, 2012, 09:46 PM
3D-wanna-B
theK2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.
Thought this was a joke... but you're right - no more profile foamies on their website. Guess I got my 38" Slick just in time.
May 03, 2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78
Trixie good to see you on rcg. My 111 is like a rocket in the slick but it rips the xoar carbon pretty easy i know they won't put up with the ripping at Joe Nall. Thinking about trying a vess stealth 28b.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for sure. I unfortunately won't be changing out any engines before the Nall so I'll have to deal with what I have in that depot.
May 03, 2012, 10:00 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
so did i miss wher 3dhs annouced they will no long be selling profile foamies? If so that sucks i really enjoy my 38" epp slick.

Any chance we will see a skywing version slick in the future?
I'd guess that is going to happen since the edge epp is already slated to come out
May 03, 2012, 10:11 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
epic 4G touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Epic 4G

Verizon does not list it on the site for phones available. Did a search.
May 03, 2012, 10:13 PM
Pug Pilot
moxjett's Avatar
Is this Joe's 104" Slick at 2:45? I love the sound of the motor, it sounds so COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wwbT85nZ1nU
May 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole
I'd guess that is going to happen since the edge epp is already slated to come out
Whaaaaaat?????? Seriously?
May 03, 2012, 10:36 PM
Registered User
6L6Amp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxjett
Is this Joe's 104" Slick at 2:45? I love the sound of the motor, it sounds so COOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wwbT85nZ1nU
Yep. Sounds awesome!
May 03, 2012, 10:53 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Well gentle man I am getting ready to head out to watch the avengers in about 10 minutes. Hope its as good as the trailers portray it to be!!!

Oh taking my son back to the field tomorrow after school to do some more flying. Might let him fly one of my slicks to see what he thinks of it (yes it will be on a buddy box) I really hope he will want to stick with flying with me as I really enjoyed it today


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM