Jul 15, 2019, 03:04 PM
Team Extreme Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab
Hi everybody!
Been just lurking for quite a while.

Going to post a NIB original 51" red Slick with complete with the outer shipping box for sale.
Boxes are still really valuable, right
Thinking about $125.00. Sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Jeff
Any idea what it would cost to ship to Florida? That's a great price and I have unfinished business with that plane. At the time I had one I wasn't good enough to get the best out of it , but I'de sure like another crack at it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 01:56 AM
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
That plane sold super fast. In fact it kinda started a bidding war
Jul 19, 2019, 05:19 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Looks fun! May have to sign up for an intro flight.

LIFT Aircraft (1 min 29 sec)

https://www.liftaircraft.com/product...as-nv-1-flight
Jul 19, 2019, 05:37 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Very cool!!! Big Fricken drone!! The lipo cost would break the bank though!!

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Jul 19, 2019 at 05:43 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 10:34 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
I’m not sure that I trust flying machines that can’t glide or autorotate enough to strap myself into one.
Latest blog entry: Canola Huckin'
Jul 19, 2019, 11:22 PM
If you lost a motor or two, I would think the others have enough power to at least be able to fly down or I would think the FAA wouldn't let it be man carrying. But then there are always ballistic chutes.

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jul 19, 2019, 11:40 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
True, but I’ve been around aviation (and electric RC) long enough to know that everything electric will eventually fail. Flying surfaces that fly without the input of electrical energy are pretty bullet proof!
Jul 20, 2019, 12:11 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Iím not sure that I trust flying machines that canít glide or autorotate enough to strap myself into one.
https://www.liftaircraft.com/safety

Click on the link & scroll down. Their goal is to make it 10 times safer than GA flying.

Jul 20, 2019, 01:49 AM
A couple of other points in this designs favor. Fixed wing aircraft have to have forward speed to fly, if they lose power, they are coming down. Some glide well, some have the glide ratio of a brick. 'Normal' rotary wing aircraft also pretty much need forward momentum to auto-rotate, though I guess if the circumstances were right and there was a 'really' good pilot on the sticks, I 'guess' it could auto-rotate from a hover (but I tend to doubt it).

So, from what I am reading this aircraft will fly on twelve of it's eighteen motors (granted, I am sure not as well), so over-all, it looks pretty safe to me. That said, I'm only going by what the website says, and I may be a dern fool for believing them. The only thing I see that could bring it down in a smoking heap (and with that many lipo packs, I'm sure there would be a lot of smoke), is if there was a catastrophic failure of the flight control/power system, and yes if that happens, you're going to drop like a rock!!

SteveT.
Jul 20, 2019, 02:32 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Way to go Buzz!

Buzz Aldrin Punches Conspiracy Theorist (1 min 0 sec)
Jul 20, 2019, 10:12 PM
Agreed!!

SteveT.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:42 PM
Canucklehead
OK, prob a can o worms here. But what are your percieved differences in a Falcon 29x9 vs a 27x11 for low and slow and XA like crankshafts and pop tops. I have a 29x9 at present. Whats the pull out of a hover compare? I know the 27 should pull more RPM but is it easier to harrier and use in low and slow with less torque or is the smaller disk a issue?
Latest blog entry: Little bout me
Jul 22, 2019, 12:01 AM
It's kind of like expo it's a personal choice on what prop you will like better. The 27X11 was the choice prop by most but now the 28X9.5 prop seems to be the pick that most people prefer. At least with the DA 120 or GP 123.
Jul 22, 2019, 12:24 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
A couple of other points in this designs favor. Fixed wing aircraft have to have forward speed to fly, if they lose power, they are coming down. Some glide well, some have the glide ratio of a brick. 'Normal' rotary wing aircraft also pretty much need forward momentum to auto-rotate, though I guess if the circumstances were right and there was a 'really' good pilot on the sticks, I 'guess' it could auto-rotate from a hover (but I tend to doubt it).

So, from what I am reading this aircraft will fly on twelve of it's eighteen motors (granted, I am sure not as well), so over-all, it looks pretty safe to me. That said, I'm only going by what the website says, and I may be a dern fool for believing them. The only thing I see that could bring it down in a smoking heap (and with that many lipo packs, I'm sure there would be a lot of smoke), is if there was a catastrophic failure of the flight control/power system, and yes if that happens, you're going to drop like a rock!!

SteveT.
Given enough altitude a helicopter can autorotate from a hover. You need speed, or altitude, or a combination of both. There are actually graphs that show the required speed and/or altitude. Anything outside of the curve (not enough of either) is the dead zone.

Autorotation is actually nothing like I thought it would be. Very controlled and not as fast as I imagined. Iíve been in a helicopter doing autorotation tests and didnít even know that we started doing them already!
Jul 22, 2019, 12:27 AM
Canucklehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
It's kind of like expo it's a personal choice on what prop you will like better. The 27X11 was the choice prop by most but now the 28X9.5 prop seems to be the pick that most people prefer. At least with the DA 120 or GP 123.
So I need another job to buy a bunch lol
Latest blog entry: Little bout me

Quick Reply