3DHS Fly Low Thread - (frequently off topic) - Page 1794 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Sounds like the ends of the bullets may have been shorted, and when you plugged the lipo in, poof.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
that shouldn't make a difference, check the spring bar on the male deans, I once was plugging in a 6s2500 and was have trouble with the deans fitting, cursing I kinda force it and bent the spring plate from positive to negative, huge puff of black smoke and sparks as the connected arc welded itself, luckily no damage
Got it. I'm gonna make new connectors too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Sounds like the ends of the bullets may have been shorted, and when you plugged the lipo in, poof.
Hmm... I'm just going to make new connectors tonight and try again...
Dec 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Got it figured out...
Dec 16, 2012, 04:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
And????? What happened???

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Dec 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
And????? What happened???

SteveT
After rechecking everything.... The converter was soldered reversed... That's why it otherwise works normal :P Just gonna redo the connector... I'm sorry y'all... Lol, there's my one day allotted to be an idiot.
Dec 16, 2012, 04:15 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
After rechecking everything.... The converter was soldered reversed... That's why it otherwise works normal :P Just gonna redo the connector... I'm sorry y'all... Lol, there's my one day allotted to be an idiot.
I've done it. cost me a brand new $100 esc. yay....
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Dec 16, 2012, 04:21 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
I've done it. cost me a brand new $100 esc. yay....
Oh god... I'm praying my ESC isn't fried..... Will test later tonight....
Dec 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Here is some iphone video.

I got another flight on the HD camera that came out even better.

Wamsy flies the 3DHS 58 Edge (5 min 46 sec)


Thanks to SD One for being my camera man.
Latest blog entry: 3D Tutorial Streams: Poptops
Dec 16, 2012, 04:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Yup!! Been there, done that!! Meant to reverse two of the motor wires to reverse the motor, reversed power side instead....fried a Hacker ESC faster than you can blink an eye!!! Was kind of cool to watch though!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Dec 16, 2012, 04:24 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Yup!! Been there, done that!! Meant to reverse two of the motor wires to reverse the motor, reversed power side instead....fried a Hacker ESC faster than you can blink an eye!!! Was kind of cool to watch though!!

SteveT
**** Lol
Dec 16, 2012, 04:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Here is some iphone video.

I got another flight on the HD camera that came out even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KnZtIuIbBo

Thanks to SD One for being my camera man.
Excellent Flying Wamsy!! And good job on an iPhone video!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Dec 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Here is some iphone video.

I got another flight on the HD camera that came out even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KnZtIuIbBo

Thanks to SD One for being my camera man.
excellent!!! love the waterfalls at 3:15.
Latest blog entry: turbo bushmaster
Dec 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Here is some iphone video.

I got another flight on the HD camera that came out even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KnZtIuIbBo

Thanks to SD One for being my camera man.
That was wild
Dec 16, 2012, 05:06 PM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
my epp extra flew absolutly TERRIBLE today. i have no clue why. it was like flying those cheap china foamies that are like 30$. idk why but it just didnt want to do anything i told it to do. it was weird for a 3dhs plane. im kinda angy now that i couldnt et some good 3d flights on it today.
Dec 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
my epp extra flew absolutly TERRIBLE today. i have no clue why. it was like flying those cheap china foamies that are like 30$. idk why but it just didnt want to do anything i told it to do. it was weird for a 3dhs plane. im kinda angy now that i couldnt et some good 3d flights on it today.
It could be because in colder weather the welders gets harder and the hinges do not move as well.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM