New Products Flash Sale
Oct 23, 2012, 05:29 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Is Starcraft still around? My son used to play that incessantly!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 05:52 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
I love my galaxy tab 7.0 plus. Works well and has never given me issues
Oct 23, 2012, 05:53 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Does anyone have a PC based video game they recommend? I am not so interested in games similar to World of Warcraft.

Thanks,

Dave
Minecraft, Battlefield 3.... That's about all I play...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Is Starcraft still around? My son used to play that incessantly!!

SteveT
Yes it is! Starcraft 2!
Oct 23, 2012, 05:56 PM
Registered User
edf_rookie's Avatar
Well, the news is not too good. Went and saw the specialist yesterday and as I suspected, I will need surgery to fix the torn ligament in my thumb. He has me booked in for this Monday. He said I wil be in a cast for at least 6 weeks and back to normal activities in 3 months.

Oh well, there goes most of my summer flying season. What a bummer. At least I have the rest of my health and it's only a few months - afterall how many 3dhs planes could I possibly buy over that time to make me feel better
Oct 23, 2012, 05:59 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Sorry to hear it will need surgery, but at least we live in a time when they can do such things.... Good Luck!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Oct 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf_rookie View Post
Well, the news is not too good. Went and saw the specialist yesterday and as I suspected, I will need surgery to fix the torn ligament in my thumb. He has me booked in for this Monday. He said I wil be in a cast for at least 6 weeks and back to normal activities in 3 months.

Oh well, there goes most of my summer flying season. What a bummer. At least I have the rest of my health and it's only a few months - afterall how many 3dhs planes could I possibly buy over that time to make me feel better
Good way to look at it. I enjoy building the planes as much as I enjoy (wrecking) flying them
Oct 23, 2012, 06:52 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank View Post
Good way to look at it. I enjoy building the planes as much as I enjoy (wrecking) flying them
Can't get a much better (Expert) Opinion than that right there!
Oct 23, 2012, 07:12 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Does anyone have a PC based video game they recommend? I am not so interested in games similar to World of Warcraft.

Thanks,

Dave
Oct 23, 2012, 07:55 PM
The Twisted Elf
lugnutz's Avatar
minecraft is pretty popular here at work with 4 other guys playing it
Oct 23, 2012, 08:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Can't get a much better (Expert) Opinion than that right there!
Why thank you I try
Oct 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
AWSOME!!!!! I love watching videos of Joe when I can see his stick movements!!! Thanks for the video
Oct 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
I don't get all the shock at the price of the iPad mini... the only close Android competitor is the Kindle Fire 8.9", which goes for $299 and is crippled with no Google Play access. So the Apple product is $30 more... not so surprising.

I personally think the 7 inch Android screens are too small... and the iPad mini's smaller bezel makes it around the same case size with something like 40% more screen area.

Of course I'm already all set up with my TF300 tablet and Galaxy S3 running Jelly Bean.
How is the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD not the closest competitors? In processor, screen size, weight, those are the closest ones. And all cheaper. Those are the ones that all the tech sites and magazines are comparing it with. But all that aside the surprise part for me is that I have been following all of the rumor mills about the iPad mini for several months now, and initially they all suggested the price would be around 200-250. Then they began all centering on 250 for the most likely price for a 16gb wifi model. And going upwards from there with the 4g and 32gb models. So when the cheapest one launched at 80 bucks more than virtually every site was predicting, well that was the surprise for me.
Oct 23, 2012, 09:48 PM
Registered User
LandCruiser's Avatar
Picked up a Nexus7 on release date at Staples and promptly returned it. I had read about the screen separation problems, but figured I would try my luck.
How this one passed QC is beyond me?
On the fence as to the mini or the new nexus7 32gb for 249.00 hoping the fit and finish has been improved.

Although, with 3 iphones and now a dated ipad3, we have been assimilated by Apple.
Oct 23, 2012, 09:55 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
RF6.5
huckin
addict

CLOSED
Last edited by quadracer; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Oct 23, 2012, 10:54 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
For the people who didnt see last time(dont worry this is the last time I'll ask for a while lol)
Aurora genesis kit
Thanks,
Alex


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM