Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 22, 2012, 12:08 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback
it seems to be my only recourse in getting a wing, guys that follow this brand seem to have more then one of them as I do, so I am hoping that someone has a wing sitting around
it has been two weeks and no response from 3DHS, I would like to use this brand new plane
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback
if it flew correctly after the repair I would not be posting for a new wing
Since you are crossposting this on every thread in the 3D forum, I will quote and reply to you here where the discussion should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeylaidback
Must not rant!!

Just take my cash and move on to another vendor, I guess that is my only option
Yes you can move on to every other vendor that sells Skywing manufactured planes, and as far as I know none of them sell spare parts.

Understand that you are in a specialty segment of a not very mainstream hobby, and you are also buying the relatively very cheap plane. It's just not worth it for them to bother with spares on these, and they have enough trouble trying to keep inventory on everything else with the constant demand.

I repaired my 48 after a midair that resulted in far worse damage than yours and it flies like new. If it wasn't repairable, I would just buy a whole new kit and have spares on all the other parts. For $130 a majority of us have gotten soooo many hours of enjoyment out of these planes.

And try to keep whatever you buy next away from hungry and confused dogs.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
racerman27410's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
How often do deadsticks happen if your engine is well tuned?

only when you fly so long it runs out of gas!
Oct 22, 2012, 12:34 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
Since you are crossposting this on every thread in the 3D forum, I will quote and reply to you here where the discussion should be.



Yes you can move on to every other vendor that sells Skywing manufactured planes, and as far as I know none of them sell spare parts.

Understand that you are in a specialty segment of a not very mainstream hobby, and you are also buying the relatively very cheap plane. It's just not worth it for them to bother with spares on these, and they have enough trouble trying to keep inventory on everything else with the constant demand.

I repaired my 48 after a midair that resulted in far worse damage than yours and it flies like new. If it wasn't repairable, I would just buy a whole new kit and have spares on all the other parts. For $130 a majority of us have gotten soooo many hours of enjoyment out of these planes.

And try to keep whatever you buy next away from hungry and confused dogs.
Is that the aurora genesis kit?
Oct 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Is that the aurora genesis kit?
Yup, it's just barely adequate on the 48 EPP and I had to lengthen the wing wires... I wouldn't put it on anything larger than 40" if I were to do it again.

I heard a while back they were working on a kit that was better suited to planes around the 50" range, but I haven't heard anything since.
Oct 22, 2012, 12:54 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
Never, unless you run out of fuel or suffer some sort of mechanical failure related to the fuel delivery in flight (which would be analogous to having your ESC fail on an electric).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala
Agree. Equipment failure or running out of gas.

I've never had a deadstick with my DLE-111

It's been good for several years
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410
only when you fly so long it runs out of gas!
Sweet! I think I've now settled on going GT33. I'm tired of charging lipos, and my mom doesn't like them in the house
Oct 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate
Since you are crossposting this on every thread in the 3D forum, I will quote and reply to you here where the discussion should be.



Yes you can move on to every other vendor that sells Skywing manufactured planes, and as far as I know none of them sell spare parts.

Understand that you are in a specialty segment of a not very mainstream hobby, and you are also buying the relatively very cheap plane. It's just not worth it for them to bother with spares on these, and they have enough trouble trying to keep inventory on everything else with the constant demand.

I repaired my 48 after a midair that resulted in far worse damage than yours and it flies like new. If it wasn't repairable, I would just buy a whole new kit and have spares on all the other parts. For $130 a majority of us have gotten soooo many hours of enjoyment out of these planes.

And try to keep whatever you buy next away from hungry and confused dogs.
That looks like a shark bite!
Oct 22, 2012, 01:57 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Sweet! I think I've now settled on going GT33. I'm tired of charging lipos, and my mom doesn't like them in the house
Chad I put this question out before I got my 2.5 week old gasser going. Consensus is properly tuned you should have no problems. properly tuned you don't need to blip the throttle if doing a long elevator. If you are going to error in tuning, error a bit on the rich side. I asked 4-5 people in Austin about my plane. All said it might be a tad rich...but they wouldn't touch a thing. I've got 2 gallons through mine now and all good so far. As suggested I also set up a low idle for on the ground and a high for flight. somewhere around 1700 and 2000.

Long flights, no batterys, I'm liking it so far.
Oct 22, 2012, 02:07 PM
Flying 2 Fight Cancer
Elec 1800's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Chad I put this question out before I got my 2.5 week old gasser going. Consensus is properly tuned you should have no problems. properly tuned you don't need to blip the throttle if doing a long elevator. If you are going to error in tuning, error a bit on the rich side. I asked 4-5 people in Austin about my plane. All said it might be a tad rich...but they wouldn't touch a thing. I've got 2 gallons through mine now and all good so far. As suggested I also set up a low idle for on the ground and a high for flight. somewhere around 1700 and 2000.

Long flights, no batterys, I'm liking it so far.
Yup thats what i like also. At my field i am the only one with a gasser and yesterday with the maiden i put 6 flights thru while others had only 2-3 flights on theres That was nice
Oct 22, 2012, 02:18 PM
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Sweet! I think I've now settled on going GT33. I'm tired of charging lipos, and my mom doesn't like them in the house
She probably will like having a plane in the house that smells like gasoline even less, so keep the plane in the garage.
Oct 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
I got probably 25 flights on my gasser before destroying it, never had a dead stick, never even a hiccup.
Oct 22, 2012, 02:43 PM
Parkzone collector supreme
Abdul Ghafur's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
I got probably 25 flights on my gasser before destroying it, never had a dead stick, never even a hiccup.
So the plane lasts for a long time or you wipe out on the 26 th flight?
Oct 22, 2012, 02:47 PM
Registered User
racerman27410's Avatar

Loctite those engine bolts OS GT33


Yesterday my brothers sweet running OS GT33 suddenly cut off mid flight..... nice deadstick landing and further examination showed the rear mounting plate bolts had backed out of the engine case allowing the front part of the engine to pull past the sealing O ring = instant flame out.

Just a FYI..... mine were still tight but i took them out and loctited them anyway
there was no sign of threadlocker on any of them.

these are great running engines and i know several people are running them.... Just hate for someone to lose a plane for lack of some threadlock.
Oct 22, 2012, 03:19 PM
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410
Yesterday my brothers sweet running OS GT33 suddenly cut off mid flight..... nice deadstick landing and further examination showed the rear mounting plate bolts had backed out of the engine case allowing the front part of the engine to pull past the sealing O ring = instant flame out.

Just a FYI..... mine were still tight but i took them out and loctited them anyway
there was no sign of threadlocker on any of them.

these are great running engines and i know several people are running them.... Just hate for someone to lose a plane for lack of some threadlock.
Hhmm good tip, I'll have to check mine tomorrow. Last week mine flamed out and got everything down in time and that will be something to check.
Oct 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
If anyone has a 38 EPP Slick that they want to sell let me know!

Now....how about I go and post this on every single darned 3DHS thread on earth...
Oct 22, 2012, 04:12 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul Ghafur
So the plane lasts for a long time or you wipe out on the 26 th flight?
I bought it used, and yes, on the 26th flight, the wings pulled the fuse sides out at about 300'.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM