Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
That looks pretty cool. I use telemetry on my DX8 but that is a much simpler set up that is a whole lot cheaper.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2012, 08:34 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
help me everyone! can i use this battery alarm for a 6S battery safely? its going in a 900$ plane and i dont want to chance it if it isnt good. any suggestions for a BETTER one? not a monitor but an alarm that beeps at a low voltage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onitor_6S.html
I have used the 5S version of this a couple years ago and it did work. I set up my TX with a throttle activated time and checked voltage and charge amounts and dont use these devices any more.
Oct 07, 2012, 08:38 PM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Big Foamy

3DHS 103 - pilot Joe Smith having some fun (8 min 26 sec)
Oct 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Thanks Jim, for reminding me that I suck. :P
Oct 07, 2012, 08:50 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424
Not a bad price, IMO. What are you doing for pick up? Is there a Cruise America near Knoxville. I don't think they have one in Louisville.
Yes, pickup in Knoxville. I'm towing my trailer down behind it, then my wife and the kids will likely come on down in her SUV later in the week. I can't wait.....Nall is so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Big Foamy...
Nice video for sure. I'm glad you guys were able to make it to TN. Thanks very much for coming.
Oct 07, 2012, 08:58 PM
3d addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Thanks Jim, for reminding me that I suck. :P
I agree. I love watching the vids but then I'm like ugh I need to go out and practice some more.
I'll share a video from earlier my wife shot. And apologies to Mr. Smith I borrowed a song I heard in one of your videos. Lol. It's just a great flying song.

3dhs 40inch EPP Edge (3 min 7 sec)
Oct 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I personally think its way better than the mCPx because it's only marginally smaller but it's so dang light that it's nearly impossible to break! The tail also holds no matter how hard you try to make it blow out. AND... You can dial down the pitch and rates for excellent indoor flying fun. I could fly the mCPx inside but I was always nervous became if I were to hit something there was gonna be damage. Not with this little guy.

And it's only $150 for the BNF and that comes with two 150mah batts. I bought three more and I'm good.
Is it the same 1S Connector on the end of the batts, like the mCPX Batts have?
Oct 07, 2012, 09:49 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
Is it the same 1S Connector on the end of the batts, like the mCPX Batts have?
No. Different connector from the mCPx. Standard 1S connector.
Oct 07, 2012, 10:43 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Good!
Oct 07, 2012, 11:29 PM
Jet guy w/ no money to buy jet
nforbesrc99's Avatar
Looking into getting the 48" EPP extra for my first 3D plane... Any thoughts? I can fly really good on the sim (hovers, KE, harriers, minor rolling harriers. And yes, I know the sim is alot easier than real life) I can do most basic moves. I really want to learn 3D and I think this is a good first choice.
Oct 07, 2012, 11:44 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
Looking into getting the 48" EPP extra for my first 3D plane... Any thoughts? I can fly really good on the sim (hovers, KE, harriers, minor rolling harriers. And yes, I know the sim is alot easier than real life) I can do most basic moves. I really want to learn 3D and I think this is a good first choice.
Perfect choice.
Oct 08, 2012, 05:40 AM
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nforbesrc99
Looking into getting the 48" EPP extra for my first 3D plane... Any thoughts? I can fly really good on the sim (hovers, KE, harriers, minor rolling harriers. And yes, I know the sim is alot easier than real life) I can do most basic moves. I really want to learn 3D and I think this is a good first choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
Perfect choice.
yeah buy another firewall too. youll need it. plus maybe some spare SFG's they are kinda britle.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:12 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
help me everyone! can i use this battery alarm for a 6S battery safely? its going in a 900$ plane and i dont want to chance it if it isnt good. any suggestions for a BETTER one? not a monitor but an alarm that beeps at a low voltage.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...onitor_6S.html
This is really nice telemetry if you don't have it built into your tx. A guy at my field uses it. You just have to buy one screen/receiver and then put one transmitter in every plane that you want. Then just plug the balance lead of your battery into the transmitter. It's not too expensive.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._mAh_V3_0.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_Amp_V2.html
Oct 08, 2012, 07:42 AM
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
This is really nice telemetry if you don't have it built into your tx. A guy at my field uses it. You just have to buy one screen/receiver and then put one transmitter in every plane that you want. Then just plug the balance lead of your battery into the transmitter. It's not too expensive.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._mAh_V3_0.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_Amp_V2.html
I have had one of these in the past. Works pretty good. It's small but once it's on your transmitter, it seems big and bulky. I no long use it for 2 reason: I was constantly looking down at the screen. And 2nd, I know it has an alarm once it gets past a curtain voltage but you would have to be at low to mid throttle to get a good read out on the battery voltage. Because at full throttle the lipo push more volts and drops past the voltage alarm. So when the lipo was getting low but not to low to stop flying, the alarm would go off at full throttle. My advice would be, make 100% sure your batteries are fully charged, set your timer, and don't fly past the timer. You will have no issues with running your battery dead
Oct 08, 2012, 08:06 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424
I have had one of these in the past. Works pretty good. It's small but once it's on your transmitter, it seems big and bulky. I no long use it for 2 reason: I was constantly looking down at the screen. And 2nd, I know it has an alarm once it gets past a curtain voltage but you would have to be at low to mid throttle to get a good read out on the battery voltage. Because at full throttle the lipo push more volts and drops past the voltage alarm. So when the lipo was getting low but not to low to stop flying, the alarm would go off at full throttle. My advice would be, make 100% sure your batteries are fully charged, set your timer, and don't fly past the timer. You will have no issues with running your battery dead
Yeah, but that's the way all telemetry is. Lipo's voltage sags and causes the alarm to go off at a higher throttle setting.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM