Thread Tools
Aug 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
It does bear a striking resemblance (except for my custom cowl)
http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
I like that cowl man looks good!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2012, 09:27 AM
disabled and broke
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
Thanks, I rescued that plane from a trash can at the field and rebuilt it and purchased a new canopy. It has recently been turned over to an up and coming member of our field as I have 5 new 3DHS ships this year. Gotta spread the love ya know.
Aug 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
Suspended Account
Saving up for the EPP Edge got $140 already, I need like $220. Hopefully ill be flying it in 2 weeks
Aug 12, 2012, 11:41 AM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dplank
Hell yeah!!! They ban you for telling the truth. They can't ban us all.
Sure they can. There are what maybe 30 of us that are actually offended by what HK did/does? There are hundreds more on this site that love HK and will continue to support them. Heck even of the 30 or so that are offended, how many do you think will stop buying anything there? I bet less than 10-20 people actually stop buying HK products as a result of this. It's unfortunate, but at the end of day I don't guess I'm surprised by it.
I will stop buying their products, but I have sure bought plenty in the past.
Aug 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
Sure they can. There are what maybe 30 of us that are actually offended by what HK did/does? There are hundreds more on this site that love HK and will continue to support them. Heck even of the 30 or so that are offended, how many do you think will stop buying anything there? I bet less than 10-20 people actually stop buying HK products as a result of this. It's unfortunate, but at the end of day I don't guess I'm surprised by it.
I will stop buying their products, but I have sure bought plenty in the past.
I have never bought from copyking and after this I never will. They don't deserve my money. If I need cheap stuff ill buy from valuehobby or hobbypartz, not copyking.
Aug 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
I have never bought from copyking and after this I never will. They don't deserve my money. If I need cheap stuff ill buy from valuehobby or hobbypartz, not copyking.
I was stopping my purchases with HK some time back. It was hard when noone state side had a lipo in stock I wanted / price was cheap, but I am done. They are purposely coping the schemes to get sales attention, regardless if the chassis is a stolen cad or a different air frame all together, and it is working.

If this were EF or Aeroworks would I be bothered?...... Yes, its still using other companies good name / marketing and design, to sell sub standard products. I have closed out my HK/CK account, I have no use for this.
Aug 12, 2012, 12:07 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
I stopped buying from them about a year ago when all three orders I received they lied on declared value I guess to pay less import tax.

I work for a major Sports company and I am in Asia Twice a year. Copying is a way of life for them. Funny thing is I can buy knock off clothing for less than my laundry is in China. I just draw the line on them not paying the right taxs and I won't support that.
Aug 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
I was stopping my purchases with HK some time back. It was hard when noone state side had a lipo in stock I wanted / price was cheap, but I am done. They are purposely coping the schemes to get sales attention, regardless if the chassis is a stolen cad or a different air frame all together, and it is working.

If this were EF or Aeroworks would I be bothered?...... Yes, its still using other companies good name / marketing and design, to sell sub standard products. I have closed out my HK/CK account, I have no use for this.
Yeah. I noticed you are going to the keystone fly-in, what will you be flying? It will be my first RC event
Aug 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Yeah. I noticed you are going to the keystone fly-in, what will you be flying? It will be my first RC event
I fly a bit of everything. I have a 57 330SC, I am hoping to have my 87 inch Extra SHP finished by the event. I have a 48 inch Rare Bare Reno Racer I am entering in the Foamy Combat <it lived through the one in New Jersey. I have a Nitro Plank that I like to buzz around for the smell of Glow.

I have a 70 Slick in for a motor box and a couple other 3DHS things to tinker with.

My first event was the last year and it made a big difference for me. You see videos and such from the events, but being on the ground seeing it, feeling it, getting to talk to pilots, cannot be replaced. You have got to get a pwny ride while you are there!

You let me know when you get to the event, <and any other addicts> I want to make sure to meet up with all that attend our event.
Ron
Aug 12, 2012, 12:35 PM
Suspended Account
Sounds good. Hopefully ill be bringing my 32" Crack Yak and a 40" EPP Edge 540
Aug 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
It does bear a striking resemblance (except for my custom cowl)
http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
Huh? Are you saying the 126 and the nitro planes plane looks a like?
Aug 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface
Is there a full scale scheme like this? http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit.html

Also this scheme looks familiar. http://www.nitroplanes.com/05a330-red-kit-nv.html
74" Edge.... Shame on ye nitroplanes.
Aug 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
It is not nitro planes it is aero sky but nitro planes still sells it for them, what are we all going to stop buying gens ace lipo's? No because it is not NP them selves. With the HK thing it was HK themselves making that extra. But it is still a bummer that they are selling it.
Aug 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Ok how do you spell custom wined or wound? Like with motrolfly motors you can pay 35$ to get it custom _______ to the KV you want.
Aug 12, 2012, 03:23 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface
Ok how do you spell custom wined or wound? Like with motrolfly motors you can pay 35$ to get it custom _______ to the KV you want.
wind...or wound


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM