Aug 04, 2012, 08:23 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Yeah id have to pick up a 12x6
Are you trying to go balsa only? If not why not pick up a 40" epp?
Last edited by skarface; Aug 04, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2012, 08:25 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface
Are you trying to go balsa only? If not why not pick up a 40" eep?
Eep? What's that +1 on the 40" EPP.
Aug 04, 2012, 08:28 PM
Ta-dah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
So are you working on getting your license? Or do you have it? I'm working on my Recreational License at the moment... I'll get my private later.
I already have a Private SEL / Helicopter but the Sky Catcher is an LSA so you could do your air work in that if you wanted to pursue your Recreational ticket. Best just to grab the whole enchelada and get the Private on the way to your ATP.
Aug 04, 2012, 08:30 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie
Something kinda cool happened today. Was doing an inverted elevator with my 72 when the throttle suddenly became unresponsive. The engine didn't die, but it was stuck at idle so I was unable to arrest its decent. It wound up plopping down in some tall grass with the wings perfectly level. By sheer luck the only damage is a minor crack in the cowl and a busted prop. The rudder, fin, canopy, and sfg's are all totally fine, despite the plane landing upside down. . I am happy about that!

If I'm honest, it looked kinda cool floating down to a soft landing... upside down. :what:

Later, we found out the throttle servo had died. Guess that's what I get for using an el cheapo throttle servo.:banghead:

Oh, and it was good to see all the addicts in Chattanooga today. Including two team pilots . No cmala sightings though
So your saying the throttle servo could have died on full throttle? That would have sucked you would have to circle fly over the runway until the gas ran out.
Aug 04, 2012, 08:33 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
So your saying the throttle servo could have died on full throttle? That would have sucked you would have to circle fly over the runway until the gas ran out.
Bro, teeokie would've done rifle rollers over the runway, then full throttle rolling circles till the engine died
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakevan
I already have a Private SEL / Helicopter but the Sky Catcher is an LSA so you could do your air work in that if you wanted to pursue your Recreational ticket. Best just to grab the whole enchelada and get the Private on the way to your ATP.
Cool! I didn't know that!
Aug 04, 2012, 08:38 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
Bro, teeokie would've done rifle rollers over the runway, then full throttle rolling circles till the engine died
Or just kill the engine with an ignition cut off, right?
Aug 04, 2012, 08:44 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
Or just kill the engine with an ignition cut off, right?
Oh yeah...forgot about those.
Aug 04, 2012, 08:45 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
I see 3dhs has taken the "Got ETA?" page off of the website.
Aug 04, 2012, 08:48 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
yeah was causing to much grief for some.
Aug 04, 2012, 09:10 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97
go read the 3dhs bipe any news thread.
Aug 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
Fly low or fly home.
phoenix
huckin
addict

com fli wit me
Aug 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
3DHS 'native'
Any suggestions on switches for dual jr in and dual out?

I was going to use a deans safety but I'm still on the fence
Aug 04, 2012, 09:14 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Are you trying to go balsa only? If not why not pick up a 40" epp?
I might just don't feel like building crap........ id rather stick a 41" edge together and go do some pop-top practice
Aug 04, 2012, 09:21 PM
Fly Low
For any addicts looking for a deal. I have a light kit for a 30cc (68"- 74") airplane that I will be willing to let go.

I still have a 68" Velox. That needs a good home. Maybe even a 71" also.

Send me a PM if interested.
Aug 04, 2012, 09:22 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
For any addicts looking for a deal. I have a light kit for a 30cc (68"- 74") airplane that I will be willing to let go.

I still have a 68" Velox. That needs a good home. Maybe even a 71" also.

Send me a PM if interested.
getting out of the hobby?

Quick Reply