Aug 04, 2012, 01:26 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
3DHS is the main sponsor so at least we know they will be there, I unfortunately will be at a swim meet that weekend, but maybe I can sneak away for one day
They were the first year as was ADC...neither were there last year....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2012, 01:29 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
I converted a 71" gasser to electric by replacing the motor box. It's not bad, but you have to tear everything out. I only did it because I had a to replace the motor box anyways. You could just lighten the existing motor box, and use longer standoffs. I could sell you my 71". To bad the rudder counterbalance was ripped off yesterday.
thanks for the offer but rather get an orginal e-slick if you know what I mean.
Aug 04, 2012, 01:43 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Ok I am not going to build it after looking at it again, I would have to buy a new cowl, canopy and motor box. I would like to then buy a new left wing and landing gear. LG is cracked and wing tip got pushed into its self a little bit. So forget it I am not putting it back together. I will have another SHP soon though. (top right corner would be a dog foot)
Aug 04, 2012, 01:44 PM
Suspended Account
Keith if you don't want it I would gladly take all rest of the airframe.
Aug 04, 2012, 01:48 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Keith if you don't want it I would gladly take all rest of the airframe.
For what?
Aug 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ok I am not going to build it after looking at it again, I would have to buy a new cowl, canopy and motor box. I would like to then buy a new left wing and landing gear. LG is cracked and wing tip got pushed into its self a little bit. So forget it I am not putting it back together. I will have another SHP soon though. (top right corner would be a dog foot)
Is that the Stoned doggie?
Aug 04, 2012, 01:51 PM
Suspended Account
I would fix iit and fly it
Aug 04, 2012, 01:52 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Is that the Stoned doggie?
Go read through the 3rd to last page (not page 3 to the last page, the third to last) of the Hillbilly Huckers thread.
Aug 04, 2012, 01:56 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Is that the Stoned doggie?
Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
I would fix iit and fly it
ha, the whole fuse is cracked all over the place it it probably would not fly as well, just save your money and by a new one. Plus it would be to much of a hassle for me to ship it.
Aug 04, 2012, 01:58 PM
Suspended Account
Oh ok haha. I think I'm going to buy a 48" Edge (really damn good deal btw) and put a Telink power combo in it. 48 incher for $250 http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...-Telink-48.htm
Aug 04, 2012, 02:04 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Go read through the 3rd to last page (not page 3 to the last page, the third to last) of the Hillbilly Huckers thread.
I regret that bro... lol

Hey Dad's, I found this funny

COTM - Dad Life (2 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Park_aviator; Aug 04, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Aug 04, 2012, 02:56 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Thats funny.
One thing I tell you for sure is that you will be one of those guys to the next younger generation whether you believe it now or not, so enjoy it while you can.
Aug 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
hey wamsy, when you converted your 70" gas slick to e-power, how hard was it to do?

Asking because I'm thinking of doing that to mine but wondering/thinking about how to mount the motor. Then wonder how the CG would be since I have the rudder servo in the tail but I only have one servo doing both elevators.

I'd still rather sell the airframe and just get a new 71" if they ever come back in stock.
Have you seen this?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...php?p=22245296

Build and Repair
Aug 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
Thats funny.
One thing I tell you for sure is that you will be one of those guys to the next younger generation whether you believe it now or not, so enjoy it while you can.
Haha, I know I will I'll always be a kid on the inside though
Aug 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
I regret that bro... lol

Hey Dad's, I found this funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZa7hU6tP_s
Haha my cousin showed me that last year its pretty funny


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM