3DHS Fly Low Thread - (frequently off topic) - Page 12 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
Also when in harrier my plane gets alittle wing rock sometimes, i came inside and i can move my ailerons just alittle bit without moving the servo. I flipped it upside and looked at it the servo arm moves back and fourth alittle bit on each servo, I am thinking its the teeth inside the servo that thats moving just alittle.

Any way to fix this?

Anything to do to stop this?
Just takes practice. The rudder is your friend in harrier flight. Trying to correct with aileron can sometimes make it worse. I use alot of rudder when flying in harrier. The plan is not level therefore when you add rudder it also sort of acts like aileron in the fact it will also induce some roll. That is also why I use both aileron and rudder for harrier turns. It's usually I bump the aileron then when she starts to bank I use a little opposite aileron and rudder along with a little burst of throttle for nice quick harrier turns. The opposite aileron counteracts the roll which was induces by the hard rudder input.
Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but I thought I would share my thoughts.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
I have 45s on the ailerons of my buck.
Feb 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsok
I vote stick around.... We've got to have someone pulling for another purple plane...

Seriously though, I always enjoy reading what you have to say... even when you aren't saying anything... which I probably enjoy the most. In fact, there are very few on here that I don't enjoy...
Sorry get used to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
Can anyone shed some light on the differences in the two recommended Hacker motors for the 38" EPP Slick? And is there a suitable Motrofly motor?

Also, are HS65mg's really needed for this plane?

And any tips on getting the servos aligned before gluing them to the wing?

Thanks!
some one answerd me when i aks on page like 2 i think somewhere around there. Because i wa looking at getting an flat foamie.


Wing Rock: I was doing harries in a big cirle should i am guess dont turn with aileron and just use rutter? Because i was using both.

I go into hove and when it starts tourqe rolling i always fall out of it.
Feb 04, 2012, 03:08 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
Just takes practice. The rudder is your friend in harrier flight. Trying to correct with aileron can sometimes make it worse. I use alot of rudder when flying in harrier. The plan is not level therefore when you add rudder it also sort of acts like aileron in the fact it will also induce some roll. That is also why I use both aileron and rudder for harrier turns. It's usually I bump the aileron then when she starts to bank I use a little opposite aileron and rudder along with a little burst of throttle for nice quick harrier turns. The opposite aileron counteracts the roll which was induces by the hard rudder input.
Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but I thought I would share my thoughts.
What up tom? You get your cord? Why arent you out flying yet?
Feb 04, 2012, 03:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
Sorry get used to me!


some one answerd me when i aks on page like 2 i think somewhere around there. Because i wa looking at getting an flat foamie.


Wing Rock: I was doing harries in a big cirle should i am guess dont turn with aileron and just use rutter? Because i was using both.

I go into hove and when it starts tourqe rolling i always fall out of it.
maintain all four stick inputs in almost every maneuver
Feb 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by plank420
What up tom? You get your cord? Why arent you out flying yet?
Actually I'm headed to the lhs now to get that cord for my sim. Just when my 71 batteries were finished some rain showers moved in. Oh well. Tomorrow looks to be decent so I guess I'll leave them charged.
Feb 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
For anyone who may have missed it:

This time with slow mo.
Way to go wamsy, much appreciated
Feb 04, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie
No arguments aronph, I'm just asking for alternative suggestions to 65mg's if there are any. Are HB's not enough? Is there a Futaba that is comparable to the 45's in specs that would be about the same price as 65mg's? See a lot of talk about Savoxx servos, how's that working out for everyone? Etc.

I've never shopped at HK, so maybe someone can fill me in on how that works out for them? Personally, I'd rather pay for quality and customer service in the front than take it in the rear...
Like I was telling doggie earlier this morning, I run corona 939 digitals in my foamy slick just because they were a good cheap option. Do they work as well as the hitecs? No. but in a flat foamy I can't tell a difference. The only thing is with as hard as people typically will fly/crash a foamy its good to have something metal geared in there
Feb 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
Just takes practice. The rudder is your friend in harrier flight. Trying to correct with aileron can sometimes make it worse. I use alot of rudder when flying in harrier. The plan is not level therefore when you add rudder it also sort of acts like aileron in the fact it will also induce some roll. That is also why I use both aileron and rudder for harrier turns. It's usually I bump the aileron then when she starts to bank I use a little opposite aileron and rudder along with a little burst of throttle for nice quick harrier turns. The opposite aileron counteracts the roll which was induces by the hard rudder input.
Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but I thought I would share my thoughts.
ok so when in harrier and turning to the left, i get leaned to the left alittle the left rudder along with right aileron.? i will try it out!
Feb 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
...I submit the name "3DHS Fanatics" for this thread, since the OP mentioned he was looking for a new name/title.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
Yep like 3DHS Fanatics
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosheldon
FANatics....
+2 Shows up better in my Bookmarks Quiklist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx
+1...
+3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
I dig Fanatics ...
+4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
Junkies
NO!


A prop is like a FAN and Atic is like an attic, so the T-Shirt Logo could be an Attic Fan on the front of a Slick!

Or not ...... But I really really really like the 3DHS FANatics name.
Feb 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06
Actually I'm headed to the lhs now to get that cord for my sim. Just when my 71 batteries were finished some rain showers moved in. Oh well. Tomorrow looks to be decent so I guess I'll leave them charged.
I'll go fly for ya The hobby shop is fun too
Feb 04, 2012, 03:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer
Awesome!



+1



+2 Shows up better in my Bookmarks Quiklist!



+3



+4



NO!


A prop is like a FAN and Atic is like an attic, so the T-Shirt Logo could be an Attic Fan on the front of a Slick!

Or not ...... But I really really really like the 3DHS FANatics name.
+5 I agree
Feb 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
3Dplank's Avatar
Well the beep of my charger tells me i"m otta here
Feb 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
maintain all four stick inputs in almost every maneuver
Uh.....This is a 3D forum, the 4D forum is off to your right....
Feb 04, 2012, 03:14 PM
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
Sorry get used to me!


some one answerd me when i aks on page like 2 i think somewhere around there. Because i wa looking at getting an flat foamie.


Wing Rock: I was doing harries in a big cirle should i am guess dont turn with aileron and just use rutter? Because i was using both.

I go into hove and when it starts tourqe rolling i always fall out of it.
You need both rudder and aileron to turn in a harrier. If you don't use opposite aileron the plane tips over. Have you setup your ke mixing yet? I found harriers and even my hovering got a lot more solid as I setup my mixes


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM