Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Cool! I may try that combo when the motor comes back in stock.
If you don't want to order from hobbyking, this is the exact same esc under a different name.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-flyfun-12ae.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:40 PM
jcfab is offline
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
jcfab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Yeah I fly 8X4.3 .... I'm giving the motor like 10 minutes between flights inside with a fan so I don't burn it up . Which Hobby Shop are you talking about? The HobbyTown or Mikes? Those are the only two I really know about....
The one off 75. I think it was called Plano RC or similar. Small shop in a strip mall. West side of 75 near the Best Buy I think. Should be called RC Zone now. He also has a store in Frisco. Check them out. He had some connection to the Dallas Morning News.

Jeff
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
Bivens is offline
Find More Posts by Bivens
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Any bearings binding or something like that to make more heat? or just 120 degree Plano summer weather...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
The one off 75. I think it was called Plano RC or similar. Small shop in a strip mall. West side of 75 near the Best Buy I think. Should be called RC Zone now. He also has a store in Frisco. Check them out. He had some connection to the Dallas Morning News.

Jeff
Found it! I'll stop by there some day.... I wonder if they hire at 16.... That would be nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
If you don't want to order from hobbyking, this is the exact same esc under a different name.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-flyfun-12ae.html
Cool, Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
They can put 6v into my servo's?
If you need an esc w/6v bec for your epp edge here are two that work great. I have both and they work great! I don't think they are a high enough amp rating for an omega 130g.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

Even though the 45a one says it only has a 5v bec, the one you will get will have a 5v/6v 4a bec.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Any bearings binding or something like that to make more heat? or just 120 degree Plano summer weather...
There may be something binding..... I may pull the motor apart tonight..... When I spin it up it sometimes makes an electronic noise (kinda like beeping) and wont spin up. I'll try to get some video of it...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
jcfab is offline
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
jcfab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Found it! I'll stop by there some day.... I wonder if they hire at 16.... That would be nice


Cool, Thanks!
Ya Know.......The counter guy in Frisco (Mike)says Al has been super busy lately so maybe he could use some help. He has a much younger son that chips in on Saturdays. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Jeff
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
Ya Know.......The counter guy in Frisco (Mike)says Al has been super busy lately so maybe he could use some help. He has a much younger son that chips in on Saturdays. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Jeff
Yeah, I'm going to shoot him an Email with my basic R/C history, and a few questions.

http://rczone.biz/
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
9 flights on my mCPX today. Running some better hop up parts now. Really smooth. Little underpowered with the new KBDD Blades and Skids from the extra weight, but really toned it down and made it stable for me to practice basics. Side View Hovers both ways and flying side to side with turnarounds at the ends. Does even better in more wind. The white really helps. Was out wind surfing in the afternoon before a big TStorm moved in. I'll go back to the stock lighter blades when I get more Orientation basics down and memorized.

Getting more fly time vs a few drops or crashes. Damage is down 97%. Slowly getting there...
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
dataylor57 is offline
Find More Posts by dataylor57
♫ Learning to fly ♫
dataylor57's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
On the 33" EPP Extra, what's a good alternative to the A10-9L with the X7? Mine is coming down really hot, and I don't have much vertical by the end of the flight..... It's a lot better in winter.... But the motor is coming down too hot to touch.
I'm using the Motrolfly 2205 1800kv on 2s and an 8x4.3, great power and it doesn't even get warm. I've had the a10-9l and had the same problem with it getting hot.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
jcfab is offline
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
jcfab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Yeah, I'm going to shoot him an Email with my basic R/C history, and a few questions.

http://rczone.biz/
Follow up with a phone call or stop in and talk to him. I sent him something he wanted in an email over a month ago and he didn't respond. He's not been checking email much. Face to Face would be best. He seems like a real people person.

Good Luck Chad,

Jeff
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Any bearings binding or something like that to make more heat? or just 120 degree Plano summer weather...
I just did the video... Youtube is processing it.... It only starts to lock up when the motor gets warm (outside) but you can still hear the noise it makes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab View Post
Follow up with a phone call or stop in and talk to him. I sent him something he wanted in an email over a month ago and he didn't respond. He's not been checking email much. Face to Face would be best. He seems like a real people person.

Good Luck Chad,

Jeff
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataylor57 View Post
I'm using the Motrolfly 2205 1800kv on 2s and an 8x4.3, great power and it doesn't even get warm. I've had the a10-9l and had the same problem with it getting hot.
Cool! Are you flying the X7?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:00 PM
dataylor57 is offline
Find More Posts by dataylor57
♫ Learning to fly ♫
dataylor57's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Cool! Are you flying the X7?
I'm using the Motrolfly FM10 with it, you could check with Ken and see if the x7 would work.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
If you need an esc w/6v bec for your epp edge here are two that work great. I have both and they work great! I don't think they are a high enough amp rating for an omega 130g.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hless_ESC.html

Even though the 45a one says it only has a 5v bec, the one you will get will have a 5v/6v 4a bec.
Ehhh I don't want to support hobby king.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:16 PM
jcfab is offline
Find More Posts by jcfab
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
jcfab's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Ehhh I don't want to support hobby king.
The 55Amp ZTW I just got for the Velox lists 5.5 volts and seems to work well so far.

Jeff


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM