New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake View Post
48 Edge is hands down the best 3D ship you listed, followed closely by the SHP. If you are learning, i would go with the Edge since it has wire LG and will not break where as the Extra has carbon gear and is also a bit more expensive.
I am just wondering, do you also have the 47"? I would have bought a 48" but did not because of the site landing gear.

Cale if you are flying off grass I would not get the 48" just because of the wire LG and get the 47", but that's just me. Also another think to look at is replacment parts, I know the ADC website has replacment fuses for the edge but I don't think they have them for the SHP, but I would have to check on that, they may even get the SHP fuses in the future though if they don't already have them. So that is another thing to look at because you will crash.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2012, 05:56 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
A blender or KE spin is not 3D?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:05 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
A blender or KE spin is not 3D?
Would you call that "flying" WOT or full speed 3D? KE Spin and/or Blender is more like the plane kicking it's own ass while rotating at wide open throttle

And the 48 EPP Extra does both of those things absolutely great, by the way.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:14 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
Would you call that "flying" WOT or full speed 3D? KE Spin and/or Blender is more like the plane kicking it's own ass while rotating at wide open throttle

And the 48 EPP Extra does both of those things absolutely great, by the way.
Oh ok. I just know I like to fly how I fly. And the epp extra was just not for me, but I it did do the "3D" stuff well.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
cale10 is online now
Find More Posts by cale10
AMA Another Mans Airplane
cale10's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Oh ok. I just know I like to fly how I fly. And the epp extra was just not for me, but I it did do the "3D" stuff well.
it 3d's fine just isn made for speed. but the 48 edge is. skarface i want the edge cuz i can put 3in dubros on it and it should do fine landing and taking off. besides the wheel pants make it worse.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:41 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
No more spare fuses will be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
I am just wondering, do you also have the 47"? I would have bought a 48" but did not because of the site landing gear.

Cale if you are flying off grass I would not get the 48" just because of the wire LG and get the 47", but that's just me. Also another think to look at is replacment parts, I know the ADC website has replacment fuses for the edge but I don't think they have them for the SHP, but I would have to check on that, they may even get the SHP fuses in the future though if they don't already have them. So that is another thing to look at because you will crash.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:53 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
it 3d's fine just isn made for speed. but the 48 edge is. skarface i want the edge cuz i can put 3in dubros on it and it should do fine landing and taking off. besides the wheel pants make it worse.
I have 3" dubro's on my shp, with 3" wheels on the edge you will most likely be fine in the grass.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:55 PM
skarface is offline
Find More Posts by skarface
Fly low or fly home.
skarface's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
No more spare fuses will be available.
Why? They just started this about two months ago and they stopped already?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 06:59 PM
going4speed is offline
Find More Posts by going4speed
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
Well the last I heard last year was that spare fuses would not be sold anymore. Maybe that changed but I dont see them on 3dhs page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Why? They just started this a month ago and they stopped already?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:12 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
spare fuses will be available with upcoming batches with the exception of giant scale... and those times that the freight company hoses something and has a fuselage become available (like what happened with a couple of 104's recently)...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
bullittjeff is offline
Find More Posts by bullittjeff
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
bullittjeff's Avatar
Where can I get some good battery straps for 6s 5000 batteries? I want some like the spot on straps but 16 inches is too long I'm guessing.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
theKM is offline
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittjeff View Post
Where can I get some good battery straps for 6s 5000 batteries? I want some like the spot on straps but 16 inches is too long I'm guessing.
awesome straps... all the colors and sizes you can eat...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...e-tech&x=0&y=0

Edit: 4" straps for single 6s pack or 8s 4000's or 15oz Fiji bottle... 5" strap for double 6s packs or two 15oz Fiji bottles

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rap-Neon-Green
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by theKM; Jul 23, 2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
oooo just saw these, wondering if they are safe enough to run in a gasser

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-life-1c-2100-2s1p.html
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:55 PM
joshet89 is offline
Find More Posts by joshet89
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
If your servos are rated for 6v, then go for it!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:02 PM
nebwake is offline
Find More Posts by nebwake
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
No I only have an Edge but I have flown the extra and it does fly really good, probably a little more precise and doesn't seem to have quite the elevator but has more rudder authority. And i love the wire gear, the 48 is my absolute thrash plane, I do elevators all the way to the ground and just bend the gear back. Love them, I wish that the 47 had wire gear, if it did I would get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
I am just wondering, do you also have the 47"? I would have bought a 48" but did not because of the site landing gear.

Cale if you are flying off grass I would not get the 48" just because of the wire LG and get the 47", but that's just me. Also another think to look at is replacment parts, I know the ADC website has replacment fuses for the edge but I don't think they have them for the SHP, but I would have to check on that, they may even get the SHP fuses in the future though if they don't already have them. So that is another thing to look at because you will crash.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM