Jul 13, 2012, 11:42 AM
3d flippin
The_MonsterMash's Avatar
thanks for all the great input guys i want to run life unregulated but i am going to run a wike ibef from TBM with my dle30 and i am using 4 hs 5945mg and a high speed throttle servo....just want to make it as light as possible without using regulators
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2012, 11:52 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MonsterMash View Post
thanks for all the great input guys i want to run life unregulated but i am going to run a wike ibef from TBM with my dle30 and i am using 4 hs 5945mg and a high speed throttle servo....just want to make it as light as possible without using regulators
that regulator is not going to add any appreciable amount of weight...I don't think your plane will notice it at all.
Jul 13, 2012, 12:05 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
I've quit using foam under everything since I switched to 2.4 about 5 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 12:21 PM
Registered User
Alex Schauer's Avatar
Shoutout to davebloomer:
Thank you so much for going out of your way to send me a battery for free. That was realy awesome of you!! Thank you so much!!!!
Jul 13, 2012, 12:56 PM
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I've quit using foam under everything since I switched to 2.4 about 5 years ago
I only put foam under fuel tanks and ignition boxes.
Jul 13, 2012, 01:05 PM
Registered User
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmala View Post
I've quit using foam under everything since I switched to 2.4 about 5 years ago
I am not sure I get your logic there. If 2.4 in your reply is a 2.4 gHz radio, how does that help a solder joint on your battery, switch and internal receiver when a connection is shaken down and becomes intermittent or broken? That is the advantage of isolating your electronics from frame vibration.
Jul 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
3DHS 'native'
going4speed's Avatar
I still foam everything....receiver is velco only though
Jul 13, 2012, 01:49 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I am not sure I get your logic there. If 2.4 in your reply is a 2.4 gHz radio, how does that help a solder joint on your battery, switch and internal receiver when a connection is shaken down and becomes intermittent or broken? That is the advantage of isolating your electronics from frame vibration.
I'm not claiming any logic. Back in the glow, 72 mhz days I wrapped the receiver and battery in a nice foam bundle. With electrics and 2.4 ghz radios I have not used foam.

Even on my 100cc plane, I just use velcro for the batteries and receiver. I have some foam under the fuel tank and ignition module.

I haven't had any issues yet.
Jul 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
HugoCraft's Avatar
On the gas planes I have foam under the RX and fuel tank then velcroed straped down to the frame. The ignition is wrapped in foam then zip tied to the motor box. But the batteries are velcroed down just like an electric plane. Really never thought of having foam under them.

But anyways here is a video of the 51" a couple nights ago. Nothing new, its just the same stuff I always do. But something with the overcast stormy clouds, sun hitting my back at sunset, and the bright colors of the slick make this video look really cool to me

3d'ing the 51" AJ Slick from 3dhs Again! (4 min 38 sec)
Jul 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
So I'm getting ready to finally mount my motrofly motor on my new 57" Extra and I noticed that Ken put the motor wires THROUGH the fiberglass mount. So I can't mount the motor directly to the firewall but it didn't come with any standoffs.

I called my LHS and asked if they had any standoffs and they acted like I was crazy.

What the heck do I use for this?
Jul 13, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So I'm getting ready to finally mount my motrofly motor on my new 57" Extra and I noticed that Ken put the motor wires THROUGH the fiberglass mount. So I can't mount the motor directly to the firewall but it didn't come with any standoffs.

I called my LHS and asked if they had any standoffs and they acted like I was crazy.

What the heck do I use for this?
go to your local Hardware store and get some plastic ones

something like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/buildin...lon-84961.html
Jul 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar

Take that you mangy cat!!!


Not really a mangy cat....but it's funny... Cat VS. Heli....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Jul 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Not really a mangy cat....but it's funny... Cat VS. Heli....

SteveT
Can't wait to watch this when I get home. Neighbors have two new kittens and they now think they belong in our fenced in yard to play and poo. So the water hose is now set on Stun! (since Jet didn't work)....
Jul 13, 2012, 04:21 PM
customstandoffs
cmala's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
So I'm getting ready to finally mount my motrofly motor on my new 57" Extra and I noticed that Ken put the motor wires THROUGH the fiberglass mount. So I can't mount the motor directly to the firewall but it didn't come with any standoffs.

I called my LHS and asked if they had any standoffs and they acted like I was crazy.

What the heck do I use for this?
Www.customstandoffs.com

I just need to know the length you need and I can make you some
Jul 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Registered User
nebwake's Avatar
yep, you NEED standoffs, i screwed this up also and cut a bigger hole in the firewall of my 59. Once I got the standoffs set I felt a little D.U.M. dumb...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM