Thread Tools
Jul 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
I only have the 9800gt
As did I...

But I couldn't see "downgrading" to a new GT 520...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
Don't Midair Me, Bro!
split_s's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
So you like the EPP full fuse Yak? I've got a spare Omega 130 and four 65MG servos sitting around and I've considered putting it in one of those.
I liked my EPP Extra a lot until I knife-edge spun it into the ground. I'm getting a Yak this week because the Extra is out of stock. I believe Joe said he likes the Yak better.
Jul 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by split_s
I liked my EPP Extra a lot until I knife-edge spun it into the ground. I'm getting a Yak this week because the Extra is out of stock. I believe Joe said he likes the Yak better.
I might also wait for the Edge to come out and put all my 42" Slick gear in it.
Jul 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
Registered User
anyone know if a late model VW jetta sportwagon will fit a 50cc bird in a 89-91" wingspan? Will the front passenger seat have to fold flat? Does the front seat even do that?
Jul 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
anyone know if a late model VW jetta sportwagon will fit a 50cc bird in a 89-91" wingspan? Will the front passenger seat have to fold flat? Does the front seat even do that?
if you get a plane with removable stabs, large planes like this can sit with the fuselage on the center console and is actually pretty darn convenient to carry around... if my mazda3 can do it, going by pics from google image search, Jetta Sportwagon will be pretty sweet also
Jul 10, 2012, 04:35 PM
Registered User
thanks. So most of the 3dhs birds should be able to fit on the center console then? I think the 89 slick has removable stabs. I'm assuming the other 50cc birds do too?
Jul 10, 2012, 04:42 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
all the 50ccs have removable stabs. if it comes down to it, you can also make the rudder removable. and then you can take off the gear. and the spinner.
Jul 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
anyone know if a late model VW jetta sportwagon will fit a 50cc bird in a 89-91" wingspan? Will the front passenger seat have to fold flat? Does the front seat even do that?
I would certainly imagine it would. I can fit an 89 into a 2009 Subaru WRX 5 door wagon and those are smaller than the jetta sportwagon I think. And it fits with the stabs still on. I do have to position the front seats just right (left seat sorta verticle, and right seat slid all the way forwards with seat back all the way backwards. But once those are done I can work the stab/rudder around the seats and stick it in tail first. I have to shift under the stabs, and the elevator is partially into my seat, but I can fairly comfortably drive with it sitting in there. I'll try and remember to take a pic or two next time I load it up...
Jul 10, 2012, 04:52 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
thanks. So most of the 3dhs birds should be able to fit on the center console then? I think the 89 slick has removable stabs. I'm assuming the other 50cc birds do too?
you'll be fine all the way up to the 100cc class


...a few weeks back I managed to clown-car my mazda3 with the 120LX and a 72" Extra...
Jul 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
Wingman II
diggity2424's Avatar
Anyone have the SFGs for the old white scheme 87 Extra? I'm looking for them.
Jul 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
Registered User
racerman27410's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
if you get a plane with removable stabs, large planes like this can sit with the fuselage on the center console and is actually pretty darn convenient to carry around... if my mazda3 can do it, going by pics from google image search, Jetta Sportwagon will be pretty sweet also

I know i can fit two 71" slicks (non removeable anything) in the back of my 2012 VW sportwagen with just the rear seats folded flat. I wish i had an 89 to try
Jul 10, 2012, 05:27 PM
Team 3DHS
CrashesALot's Avatar
Hey guys, trying to maximize my time before the NJ fly low in. Does anyone know if the x mount from the reaper gr-60xl is the same size / hole pattern as the hacker a60-6xs?

I don't want to start ripping the front apart to realize I am not going to have time to get it all back together.
Jul 10, 2012, 06:08 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman27410
I know i can fit two 71" slicks (non removeable anything) in the back of my 2012 VW sportwagen with just the rear seats folded flat. I wish i had an 89 to try
come up to the Fly-Low-In this weekend in NJ... there's one in the raffle
Jul 10, 2012, 06:27 PM
Fly More Crash Less
AZAerobat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I might also wait for the Edge to come out and put all my 42" Slick gear in it.
+1 I am itching for one of the EPP Edge's too! I plan on turning it into a night flyer from the get go. What is the ETA? Are they on the next shipment that is coming in?
Jul 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
Fly Low
wamsy55's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
I have a confession to make. I strayed from 3DHS and it bit me in the ass.

You see, a few nights ago I gutted my 33" EPP Edge so I could give it to Wamsy and ordered myself a (new Pitts foamy) to replace it. It arrived yesterday. I built it last night and the included wood parts literally crumbled in my hands as I was building it.

Thankfully, I found an unopened set of 3DHS wood parts for foamies out in the garage this morning. The (new Pitts foamy) will fly, but not without some help from 3DHS hardware.
That picture made my day.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 16, 2011 11:12 PM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 02:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 07:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 10:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 03:19 AM