New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:17 AM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
I use the same walmart style gun case. It was $10. I have my batteries in it.

As for lipos in the 8fg. Yeah I installed that right away. The stock battery doesn't last very long.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:19 AM
tominator06 is offline
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Last pair of batteries are almost done. It's going to be a hot one today so I am going out early for a few flights on the 71 slick.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:20 AM
Ohio AV8TOR is offline
Find More Posts by Ohio AV8TOR
On loan to Texas
Ohio AV8TOR's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I use the same walmart style gun case. It was $10. I have my batteries in it.

As for lipos in the 8fg. Yeah I installed that right away. The stock battery doesn't last very long.
I am okay with the flight time on my stock battery but do plan on switching to the ValueHobby lipo for the 8FG. My only problem is I fly with a tray and that makes it a pita to take the battery out for charging. Do you guys charge in or out of the transmitter?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:38 AM
losifanatic is offline
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
losifanatic's Avatar
Don't see why you couldnt come up with a way to charge it in the radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
tominator06 is offline
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Got 3 flights on the 71 just now and am glad I got out before the heat set in. It's amazing how much different these birds fly with zero wind. I've only been flying in the wind lately and just now there was pretty much none. Actually felt odd. I think its easier to fly with a little wind then none. Still enjoyed it.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
aronph is offline
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Got 3 flights on the 71 just now and am glad I got out before the heat set in. It's amazing how much different these birds fly with zero wind. I've only been flying in the wind lately and just now there was pretty much none. Actually felt odd. I think its easier to fly with a little wind then none. Still enjoyed it.
flying with no wind shows how badly I fly....when theres wind and the plane is all over the place I have something to blame it on
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:29 AM
heritageflyer is offline
Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
flying with no wind shows how badly i fly....when theres wind and the plane is all over the place i have something to blame it on:d
+1 .... :d
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:36 AM
Jboy90277 is offline
Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominator06 View Post
Got 3 flights on the 71 just now and am glad I got out before the heat set in. It's amazing how much different these birds fly with zero wind. I've only been flying in the wind lately and just now there was pretty much none. Actually felt odd. I think its easier to fly with a little wind then none. Still enjoyed it.
My landings seem super hot with no wind - a little dicy when your trying to land on an old helipad or gopher hole covered grass field.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 09:52 AM
aronph is offline
Find More Posts by aronph
TEAM HILLBILLY
aronph's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
My landings seem super hot with no wind - a little dicy when your trying to land on an old helipad or gopher hole covered grass field.
take a little somethin for the gophers to the feild with you
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:14 AM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
1,000 pages on the Fly Low Thread...already?!

p.s. I have a Gun Case from Tower Hobbies...paid $20 for it...WalMart has it for $10.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
SnowDog1974 is offline
Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I am okay with the flight time on my stock battery but do plan on switching to the ValueHobby lipo for the 8FG. My only problem is I fly with a tray and that makes it a pita to take the battery out for charging. Do you guys charge in or out of the transmitter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Don't see why you couldnt come up with a way to charge it in the radio
careful, some radios have a diode or some other device that prevents charging of Lipos from inside the case...? not sure how the 8FG is wired.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
quadracer is offline
Find More Posts by quadracer
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
quadracer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
take a little somethin for the gophers to the feild with you
Spoken in true hillbilly fashion....

On a related note, last night I got 9 millimeters of vengeance on a rabbit that has been chewing up the ol lady's plants.... He took it rather well.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
Park_aviator is offline
Find More Posts by Park_aviator
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
I followed Park's 8FG purchase and I am so glad I did. Fantastic radio with tons of programming. Has a great feel too.
IT"S AMAZING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR View Post
What did that cost?
I believe it was around $10
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
shadow102 is offline
Find More Posts by shadow102
Registered User
shadow102's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
1,000 pages on the Fly Low Thread...already?!

p.s. I have a Gun Case from Tower Hobbies...paid $20 for it...WalMart has it for $10.

walmart gun case made by Plano...it is $10 at walmart you can usually find it at some sporting good stores as well





There is also the case from harbor freight which is $20 after their 20% off coupon it is not nearly as large as the plano case so transportation it easier and it has room for tools.





Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:53 PM
Jboy90277 is offline
Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph View Post
take a little somethin for the gophers to the feild with you
Can't do it. We fly in a nature park and were warned the surest way to be banned is to harass the animals. The park service wouldn't let us pitch in and have a section of the field paved to get a proper runway for that reason.

The animals have no fear in this park, which is kind of cool, but some do get out of hand. The gophers are starting to turn the field into a replica moonscape with all their mounds and craters, and the park service is starting to come around to the idea of a paved runway.

I do buzz the gophers and knock on their door sometimes with my planes. I'm pretty sure my 100+ mph split s into the ground (1/2 a split s, I should say) with my souped up AT-6 funfighter (2500kv motor, 4S 1800 mah battery, 6x4 prop) woke them up...I've never seen foam explode like that before or a lipo accordion to 1/2 it's size...my biggest regret from that was forgetting to use my hat cam.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion You are addicted to flying when.... postalflyer72 Electric Plane Talk 34 Jul 17, 2011 12:12 AM
Video Angelo Lomelí flying 3D antics Jorge Fernandez Electric Plane Talk 0 Sep 30, 2006 03:22 PM
Tiger Moth antics - flying inverted w/video SnoJetter Parkflyers 49 Sep 16, 2003 08:25 PM
Help! Getting addicted to Park Flying fly4fun Parkflyers 11 Feb 16, 2002 11:58 AM
You know when your addicted to Slow Flying when..... Gman Parkflyers 51 Aug 05, 2001 04:19 AM