Nov 11, 2012, 06:46 PM
When you here a VW take off from a light and it makes that pop pop pop sound it's loose heads, jugs. When I was a kid I had one that leaked. The studs run through the heads and jugs and are pressed into the aluminum block. So when you are torquing the heads they sometimes would just pull out of the block. They sold "super studs" that were basically long high quality wood screws that you just force threaded into the block. Then torque the heads down. No more pop pop pop. I have had a few bugs with the 67 being my favorite. 68 was the first year with the stamped bumpers. 67 was the last year for the tube style bumpers and first year 12 volt electrical system.
That generation of bugs were pretty low tech bullet proof cars.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2012, 06:48 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
I had a '70 Karmann Ghia....with no doors (at first)- talk about a chick magnet! It was awesome in the midwest winter...
Nov 11, 2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d
....if yer'a chick!

just teasing- whatever makes you happy. Life is too short to care what others think- just do your thing, whatever it may be.
dont knock it till you try it, i would be keeping it except i cant fit a 25% plane in it.
Nov 11, 2012, 07:12 PM
Hey, how's it going?!

Just thought I'd drop in and let you guys know I'm selling the last of the parts I had gathered up for my 72" Extra that never quite got finished.

I've got an ICE 100 and Bec Pro up in the classifieds along with a Futaba R6208HB

$10 off for addicts!
Nov 11, 2012, 08:00 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55
I would say we should fly Arron but the weather is going to be terrible and I am driving back to college.
Yea i figured you were close but not sure where you go to school at...i figued you werent here but it would not have mattered...i would not have wanted to be pullin an empty wagon in this wind let alone fight a plane....
Nov 11, 2012, 08:01 PM
Ta-dah!
Gave up on the Miata but found this pretty thing.
Nov 11, 2012, 08:02 PM
3DHS 'native'
Looking at a '68 bug next weekend and then a '69 bug. Funny that both owners say the turn signals dont work..
Nov 11, 2012, 08:03 PM
3DHS 'native'
is that a TR4?
Nov 11, 2012, 08:20 PM
Ta-dah!
Fiat 124 Spider 1982 vintage. Won't out run a mini van but looks way cool being slow.
Nov 11, 2012, 08:29 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Finally got to fly the 57 SC and the 46 Yak for a couple. Came out of church after noon and instead of 7-12mph it was 15-20!

Got up to 70 and partly sunny, took a nice long nap and went to fly at 4:30. Totally calm by then!

That 57 just gets better and better every time I take it out! Only thing it is lacking is Digi Servos. Would like a tighter response.

Was just getting ready to fly the Nano indoors, in the living room and the wife just pulled in the driveway....... Now instead of 6 flights, I'll only be able to get two in while she is in the shower.
Nov 11, 2012, 08:31 PM
3DHS 'native'
double the power of a bug!!!
Nov 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ta-dah!
I was looking at an MG Midget and it had about 40hp which I think is about what a bug has. I had one when I was a kid and loved it but wanted something is a cloth top.
Nov 11, 2012, 08:54 PM
Trying to replace the motor on my 72SC and the backplate won't slide off the shaft. Any suggestions ?

Replacing the hacker with the motrofly.
Nov 11, 2012, 08:56 PM
3DHS 'native'
Quote:
Originally Posted by aronph
Yea i figured you were close but not sure where you go to school at...i figued you werent here but it would not have mattered...i would not have wanted to be pullin an empty wagon in this wind let alone fight a plane....
How are you still blocked..holy cow
Nov 11, 2012, 09:02 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1
Trying to replace the motor on my 72SC and the backplate won't slide off the shaft. Any suggestions ?

Replacing the hacker with the motrofly.
if it's an extreme flight spinner backplate like mine, have fun...

I had to use a super thin stainless steel kitchen spatula and slide it under in sort of a spiral pattern. took about 20 min to get off last time. thanks for reminding me to order a new spinner.

Quick Reply