Oct 08, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Well....what else would you use to crash a plane....of course it was a Futaba...if it was a Spektrum or JR, they would still be flying....

SteveT
It was a controlled crash and they didn't want a lockout before it hit the ground
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2012, 04:40 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Just got back from three flights on the 57 SC after the elevator servo replacement and one on the 46 Yak.

First time in 50° temp since spring... It's coming back!
Oct 08, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Im not liking the cooler temps. It wad cold and windy today
Oct 08, 2012, 04:48 PM
3D Wanna Be
It's pretty bad here too...73 outside
Oct 08, 2012, 04:54 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
80 here right now....at 2:54PM

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 08, 2012, 04:54 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Im not liking the cooler temps. It wad cold and windy today
+1... It's killing my lipo flight times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rob
It's pretty bad here too...73 outside
Oct 08, 2012, 05:17 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
I'd like to make the trim steps on my 8FG finer. does anyone know how to do this?
Oct 08, 2012, 05:27 PM
Stick banger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
I'd like to make the trim steps on my 8FG finer. does anyone know how to do this?
FUNCTION menu, highlight the item to modify (T1-T4) and press Return, then you can modify the "rate" of the trim. Default is 30%, if you go down to 0% your trim will have no effect on the Function anymore. Keep in mind if you currently have 5 clicks of trim in a channel and you change the rate from 30%, the surface will no longer be at the "trimmed" position if you don't adjust the amount of trim.
Oct 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Anyone else having issues with Vimeo today?? Lots of strange characters/symbols on every button or video. Like y is covering the Settings Icon, numbers covering up my vid cover pics. I uploaded one around 3pm and it shows it, but when you click on it, it says Processing. Was done 3 hrs ago.

Uploading another one now, I think they have issues.....
Oct 08, 2012, 05:36 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace4
FUNCTION menu, highlight the item to modify (T1-T4) and press Return, then you can modify the "rate" of the trim. Default is 30%, if you go down to 0% your trim will have no effect on the Function anymore. Keep in mind if you currently have 5 clicks of trim in a channel and you change the rate from 30%, the surface will no longer be at the "trimmed" position if you don't adjust the amount of trim.
cool...thanks! my elevator keeps ending up right between two clicks.
Oct 08, 2012, 05:55 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Heading off to the sims right now
Oct 08, 2012, 05:59 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
Quote:
Wow. You answered that question like a boss. I didn't even know the 8FG did that!
Oct 08, 2012, 06:51 PM
Game on
Quote:
Sorry to jump in here, I just want to make light of a simpler way to adjust trim step. The problem with doing it that way is exactly what you said, you will have to retrim your plane. The purpose of trims steps was to allow you to get your trims "close" by having a higher step and therefor you wouldn't have to click the trim as much while flying. Then you can adjust the trim step down to fine tune it without loosing your current trim setting.

Go into the linkage menu and go to the second page. Then scroll down to T1-T4 SET. Then drop the step on T1, T2, and T4 down to 1. (Default is 4). T3 is throttle so no reason to adjust the trim step on that.
Oct 08, 2012, 07:19 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Holy poops l didn't even know my 8fg could do any of that. Thanks guys. This radio just keeps getting better and better
Oct 08, 2012, 07:23 PM
Help!
I want to do a science project dealing with RC planes, BL motors or power systems (rc)
Any ideas?
Answer to the "problem" cant be yes or no

Quick Reply