Suspended Account
Aww man. For $200 I thought it would be a computer radio
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2012, 09:26 AM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16
Aww man. For $200 I thought it would be a computer radio
I've used both sims pretty extensively and trust me when I say to just get RF6. Phoenix is good but it's not great. The plus for Phoenix is that it has a much better interface for modifying the planes. Also - They have traditionally been better with helis (if you're into that) but the new RF6 heli sim action seems pretty darn good to me. I never used an earlier version of RF so I can't compare helis in this version to previous versions.

The BIG plus for RF6 is the physics engine for planes and the ground interaction. I found that practicing rollers in Phoenix did not translate to real flying at all. Practicing rollers in RF6 seems to be pretty much dead nuts on! Also - if you just barely scrape the ground in Phoenix the plane will self destruct. In RF6 you can actually drag your wingtip on rollers and do some rudder drags in harrier without worrying about that stuff.

There are also some wonderful planes that people have created for RF6 that fly very similarly to 3DHS planes. As mentioned Tominator has some fantastic variants out there to use. In fact - if you get RF6, don't even bother flyign one of the stock planes at first. Just get some of Tominator's variants and start there.
Aug 03, 2012, 09:27 AM
Suspended Account
Alright ill se what I can do. Ill probably ask for it around christmas
Aug 03, 2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
I've used both sims pretty extensively and trust me when I say to just get RF6. Phoenix is good but it's not great. The plus for Phoenix is that it has a much better interface for modifying the planes. Also - They have traditionally been better with helis (if you're into that) but the new RF6 heli sim action seems pretty darn good to me. I never used an earlier version of RF so I can't compare helis in this version to previous versions.

The BIG plus for RF6 is the physics engine for planes and the ground interaction. I found that practicing rollers in Phoenix did not translate to real flying at all. Practicing rollers in RF6 seems to be pretty much dead nuts on! Also - if you just barely scrape the ground in Phoenix the plane will self destruct. In RF6 you can actually drag your wingtip on rollers and do some rudder drags in harrier without worrying about that stuff.

There are also some wonderful planes that people have created for RF6 that fly very similarly to 3DHS planes. As mentioned Tominator has some fantastic variants out there to use. In fact - if you get RF6, don't even bother flyign one of the stock planes at first. Just get some of Tominator's variants and start there.
Well said!
I borrowed my uncles RF3.5, and the helis in RF6 is pretty much dead on.
I did notice a difference between RF5.5 and RF6 though. KE spins. With all planes, I have to give less input on rudder.
Aug 03, 2012, 09:32 AM
Suspended Account
Maybe because the newer version has adapted to the more powerful rudder response of the 3d planes of today?
Aug 03, 2012, 09:51 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
A complaint about RF 5.5 was lack of Rudder in 3D, so I guess they added some.
Aug 03, 2012, 09:54 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Maybe that should have been set up via PM
I certianly wouldn't mind an autographed 42...or 119
119's from Joe don't come with Autographs...
Aug 03, 2012, 10:02 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
119's from Joe don't come with Autographs...
How about 126"s?
Aug 03, 2012, 10:09 AM
Suspended Account
Hehe- UPS man left a present on my doorstep
Aug 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Pretty much. I really need to get myself phoenix or reaflight. Which one do recommend? I want phoenix since upgrades are free........... plus the 104" slick is on phoenix
I love RealFlight and I am still using V5.5
Aug 03, 2012, 10:17 AM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio AV8TOR
I love RealFlight and I am still using V5.5
I went from 4.5 to 6

On another note.... My phone works again I LOVE RICE!!!
Aug 03, 2012, 10:24 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator
I went from 4.5 to 6

On another note.... My phone works again I LOVE RICE!!!
me too... especially when served wrapped around a piece of raw fish, or on the plate next to some spicy lamb vindaloo!
Aug 03, 2012, 10:25 AM
Suspended Account
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Sushi............. lamb-a-what?!
Aug 03, 2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Hehe- UPS man left a present on my doorstep

What size/brand/voltage are they??!?!?!
Aug 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer

What size/brand/voltage are they??!?!?!
my money says they're 2s/800 or 2s/1000 packs...

Quick Reply