Jul 11, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFisch View Post
anyone ever order from chief aircraft? are they usually pretty quick? I've ordered from them and have yet to receive a shipping notice.
I would give them a call. they usually answer pretty quick. i had an issue on my last order with my billing address being rejected by my bank even though the bank gave them the money so they were holding onto the shipment until it matched. i didn't get any notice there was anything wrong but they took care of the problem over the phone and it was out that same day.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Fly More Crash Less
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
I was amazed that they down graded the tab 2.0 so much from the 7.0 plus. The screen on my 7.0 plus is nicer (much cleaner and more vivid) the 7.0 plus is also much faster. I didnt expect that .2mhz per core to make that much of a difference. I guess thats why 7.0 plus cost almost twice as much.
Also I have the 16gig version with a 16Gig card and I am almost full. Will have to get a 32gig card if I want to put much more on it. I would love to have the nexxus but without a micro sd card slot for expansion I can't do it. So that is why I am waiting to see how the Asus 370T pans out.
Oh my 7.0 plus is getting 4.0 ICS update some time next month (yeppiii)
Ya I probably should not have bought the Tab 2.0. I thought it was going to be better then it really was. Oh well I have gotten rid of it so it is ok now.

I really do wish they had a memory card slot on the Nexus that was the only thing that made me question buying it. I love to watch movies and plan on having at least 2 -3 at a time on my Nexus when I travel. I also have a ton of Apps thanks to they paid app for free everyday from Amazon. I probably will only install the ones I really like but still most of the good apps for android are progressively getting larger. Nothing is wrong with that just give us the space we need or let us add our own space.

If I dislike the Nexus enough I will just sell it too but right now it is looking pretty dang good to me. I really would like the Asus Transformer TF300 but just cannot justify spending almost $400 bucks on a tablet. I personally believe they will continue to be an electronic device and not a full blown computer for quite a few years. Once they hit the stage where they replace my desktop and laptop then I will spend 500+ on one but it better be my main computer not something I just use to kill time. IMHO.
Jul 11, 2012, 04:19 PM
Shore Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
LOL
Yup, it seems it does.

I got it back from the clutches of the forest. Turns out, a nice web of vines caught it 10' from the ground, no damage at all, except my pride.
Glad you got it back safe and sound. :-)
Jul 11, 2012, 04:25 PM
customstandoffs
After a new solenoid (not needed), fuel cutoff valve, battery, some deck repair, and cleaning up the ignition switch my lawnmower is back in business. Yay me.

We are getting tons of rain now so it should start growing like crazy.
Jul 11, 2012, 04:28 PM
I just learned that heating up silicone caulk doesn't make it dry faster. It just makes it runny and burns you
Jul 11, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
I just learned that heating up silicone caulk doesn't make it dry faster. It just makes it runny and burns you
I found out that its electrically conductive when its still wet
Jul 11, 2012, 04:58 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
that's interesting.

care to take a stab atthe physics behind that? I can't even hypothesize right now.
Jul 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
And that usually only take a little while to repair....

Glad to hear no other damage...

SteveT
Well, after that close call, I was goofing off, and boinked it into the ground from 3'. I had my camera sitting on the ground, hovering over it, and got crossed up. Now I gotta glue the wing tube and fuselage side back together. The 57 survived the day without a scratch though.
Jul 11, 2012, 05:20 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Well, after that close call, I was goofing off, and boinked it into the ground from 3'. I had my camera sitting on the ground, hovering over it, and got crossed up. Now I gotta glue the wing tube and fuselage side back together. The 57 survived the day without a scratch though.
Like I always tell my wife....."If it hurts, don't do it!!!"....and I guess this come under the same heading.... sorry to hear about it though....

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jul 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
Ta-dah!
I have one and that is why I want an Andriod instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer View Post
Get an iPad and call it done
Thanks for the info. I like the camera up front so the kids can Skyype, if even supported, and I can't get over the Nexxus not having an SD slot. I agree 8 gigs is plenty but I like that I can pull the pix off my SD card and view photos instead of trying to see them on the camera's screen.

haven't pulled the trigger yet...hoping they run out and my decision will be made for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Another thing to take into consideration is the weight. I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 7 inch running ICS. I like it because it was not heavy and I could hold it in one hand for a few hours while reading a book. Some of the 10 inches can get real heavy quick if you like to read for long periods of time. Watching movies is not an issue just get a case that can transform into a stand. I sold my Tab 2.0 to get the Nexus. Even though the Tab just came out in April I feel it is a little slow more me. It has a dual core processor and 1 gig of ram but would bog down when I started to use some use multiple data robbing programs such as photoshop express, Netflix etc. It was not bad but I did notice the lag and I don't want that. It was nice having an external memory card but you can't install apps on them in the OS is Ice Cream Sandwhich and above unless you root. I did not like that at all so I went with the 16 gigs of internal memory for movies and editing photos and I will never use a camera on a tablet I do not need it. Camera Phones and point and shoot camera's are much better then tablet cameras except maybe the new ipad 3. I have not gotten to mess with one of those yet.

I guess really think about what you want to use it for and make your decision on that. Just my advice.
Jul 11, 2012, 05:23 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
On a better note, I've found that the SFG's I made are very effective, rudder authority is WAY better now.

A pic from my flying spot;
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342045298.497298.jpg
Views: 78
Size: 122.8 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342045421.449802.jpg
Views: 77
Size: 170.0 KB
Description:
Jul 11, 2012, 05:53 PM
Nice work, quadracer.

In waiting for my 89 to arrive, super excited. Graphics just came in the mail today, looking awesome...
Jul 11, 2012, 06:40 PM
I AM Smiling
OK Eddie, I have a room in Manor TX for the 14th and will arrive ARCA about noon or 1pm. How about an update on others attending the HAIL AND FAREWELL fly-in for Bone Doc and his family. Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone attending. Is Ben going to be there?

See ya Saturday!! Dave
Jul 11, 2012, 07:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
testing....
Jul 11, 2012, 07:14 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
OH NO!! they FOUND ME!!!!!

Quick Reply