Jul 01, 2012, 09:20 PM
Game on
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
I didn't know I had failsafe until the guys at the field told me
I think it was the radio because everything is working fine now....it was 3 standard size s3003s on a 3A BEC. So I don't think that was the problem.
It did the "Death spiral" I was flying straight and all of a sudden....
BAM!!!
It went spinning down at full throttle.

I got the radio in February.... I had one major crash due to a wing spar failure, but the reciever wasn't in the smashed mess so I didn't send it in.

I also had another crash with my SR22 that might hhave been due to radio problems but I think it was a tip stall.
I've flown my EPP Slick waaaaaay up high to just a spec after all these crashes and it has been rock solid no issues

I'm pretty sure it was missing signal for one reason or another, putting all the tiny little clues together.
Also, this is my 2200 that was in the plane, do you think it is stilll good to use? (I cut the heat shrink away)
Futabas don't just lockout. Now maybe the receiver got damaged in the crash...

What receiver, and which brand BEC?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2012, 09:25 PM
Team Hillbilly 🐘💨
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424
anyone know where to get nylon canopy screws? I think they are 3mm. I need some extra!
I ordered a bunch from mc master Carr. They have thumb screws that are metal with a plastic portion on the end that is wide.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:25 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
Quote:
I didn't know I had failsafe until the guys at the field told me
I think it was the radio because everything is working fine now....it was 3 standard size s3003s on a 3A BEC. So I don't think that was the problem.
It did the "Death spiral" I was flying straight and all of a sudden....
BAM!!!
It went spinning down at full throttle.

I got the radio in February.... I had one major crash due to a wing spar failure, but the reciever wasn't in the smashed mess so I didn't send it in.

I also had another crash with my SR22 that might hhave been due to radio problems but I think it was a tip stall.
I've flown my EPP Slick waaaaaay up high to just a spec after all these crashes and it has been rock solid no issues

I'm pretty sure it was missing signal for one reason or another, putting all the tiny little clues together.
Also, this is my 2200 that was in the plane, do you think it is stilll good to use? (I cut the heat shrink away)

I would never use a lipo that is torn or bent or mis shaped. They are 20 bucks and it just isnt worth the risk of losing a cell in flight or worse having it go up in flames while charging. I would fill a bucket full of salt water and drop that bad boy in it.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmith285
Futabas don't just lockout. Now maybe the receiver got damaged in the crash...

What receiver, and which brand BEC?
Its the 617FS.

It was a Mystery 40A ESC.
BTW Joe thanks a ton for helping me out it means a ton!!!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:32 PM
Game on
Quote:
Its the 617FS.

It was a Mystery 40A ESC.
BTW Joe thanks a ton for helping me out it means a ton!!!
No problem, I just have tons of flights with futaba stuff and haven't had an issue which makes me believe you didn't just have a lockout. With that being said, it could mean something else in your system is causing an issue and I would hate to see that problem move to the next airframe. Brownouts are pretty common with cheaper ecs so it's a good idea to run a seperate BEC.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:34 PM
3DHS 'native'
what caused the xfc crash?

Quote:
No problem, I just have tons of flights with futaba stuff and haven't had an issue which makes me believe you didn't just have a lockout. With that being said, it could mean something else in your system is causing an issue and I would hate to see that problem move to the next airframe. Brownouts are pretty common with cheaper ecs so it's a good idea to run a seperate BEC.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:37 PM
Game on
Quote:
Originally Posted by going4speed
what caused the xfc crash?
A mixture of a few products.

Can't blame it on the 18 though.....I've had over 200 issue free flights since.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer
I would never use a lipo that is torn or bent or mis shaped. They are 20 bucks and it just isnt worth the risk of losing a cell in flight or worse having it go up in flames while charging. I would fill a bucket full of salt water and drop that bad boy in it.
I can't just spend $20 bucks!! Don't really have a job here!
I am getting more lawn mowing jobs though, but next year I'm old enough to work at Culvers!!!
I don't know what happened....next flight I will run a separate RX pack.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
i maidened my 104 slick on saturday! it was awesome!!!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:44 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
I can't just spend $20 bucks!! Don't really have a job here!
I am getting more lawn mowing jobs though, but next year I'm old enough to work at Culvers!!!
I don't know what happened....next flight I will run a separate RX pack.
Same... no income sucks... lol
Jul 01, 2012, 09:46 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7flyer
i maidened my 104 slick on saturday! it was awesome!!!
and you got on june 2nd at fly low! You make me jealous/look bad since I've had the 100cc aeroworks edge longer and still haven't flown it. Also mine is basically RX-ready but still want to go through it. I'm buckling down this week and going to clear the workbench and work on it!

But anyways, congrats on the maiden!
Jul 01, 2012, 09:47 PM
joe thanks for telling me which prop to use on 103 it works great. is it also the prop you use on your 104?
thanks, p.b.
Jul 01, 2012, 09:50 PM
Game on
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb7flyer
joe thanks for telling me which prop to use on 103 it works great. is it also the prop you use on your 104?
thanks, p.b.

Which one did you end up using?
Jul 01, 2012, 09:55 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
speaking of props,

hey Joe, back in day when you flew 100cc motors what is the best for something like a 3w-100 or what have you heard is? Asking because everybody flys da-120s now
Jul 01, 2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Which one did you end up using?
i used the falcon 28x9W CF

Quick Reply