Feb 03, 2012, 03:59 PM
New Product

E-flite UMX Carbon Cub SS BNF with floats!

Quote:
Key Features

AS3X System for smooth handling and precise control, even in moderate winds
Includes a top-mounted, ultra micro-size sailplane tow hook
Perfect for aerotowing! The tow hook equipped UMX Carbon Cub SS makes an ideal tug for the UMX ASK-21 (EFLU1280)
Converts to a floatplane quickly with optional E-flite float set (EFLUA1190)
Full five-channel control with flaps to enjoy slower flight and shorter takeoffs and landings
Navigation wing lights and landing light installed
6-channel DSMX Ultra Micro AS3X/RX/BL ESC unit with Spektrum technology
High-output 180BL, 2500Kv brushless outrunner motor
E-flite 180mAh 2S Li-Po battery and balance charger
Five performance ultra micro long-throw servos
Excited? I am!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2012, 04:14 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
It really blows me away how much they have packed into such a small and inexpensive product. This really is raising the bar. Plus it looks great in flight, inverted, knife edge, etc. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I think it's going to need a water rudder though.

-Jay
Feb 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay
It really blows me away how much they have packed into such a small and inexpensive product. This really is raising the bar. Plus it looks great in flight, inverted, knife edge, etc. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

I think it's going to need a water rudder though.

-Jay
Agreed on all points. Hopefully it won't be too hard to embed a tiny servo in one of the floats and waterproof it. I wonder how the linear servos will work when corrosion-xed?

Regardless, I already have a cub close to this size range, (no floats) and I will be getting the float set to experiment with for sure.

Feb 03, 2012, 09:05 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Man this thing is cool! I'm gettin' one!

Feb 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
I want one sooooooooo bad right now. Got to many planes already.
Feb 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
I'd rather be flying
Placed my order for one.
Any idea on when these will be back in stock though?
Feb 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
Do you reckon the floats from the Carbon Cub will be suitable for a starting point to fit a Champ?. My ever helpful local store, RCCHOPPERS, is moving further away to bigger premises by the time the CC and its options are launched, so it will be a bit of a trek to test for size,
Feb 27, 2012, 11:22 AM
VARSITY, here is a set specifically for the champ....for sale in the Micro forum.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1602912
Feb 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
JGuilty13, Thanks for the info, have seen the video too, they work well