This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2018, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooJung2Die
Curl it in the other direction over the edge of a table. The same technique used to make airfoils with the paper removed inside and left outside.
Tried that. It ended up breaking . The foams kind of lime hk foam but slightly less brittle. The curve just goes back. It's quite thick paper.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 02:33 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
I have bent and formed foam with a real hot rag placed on top. You have to keep this rag very hot at all times until the foam is to your liking. Hope this helps.
Nov 01, 2018, 08:47 PM

snowball

I have recently have run in with a teacher willing to try r/c in the school, if anyone could give me basic specs for the pizza box or snowball along with starting throws I would appreciate it
Nov 02, 2018, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555
I have recently have run in with a teacher willing to try r/c in the school, if anyone could give me basic specs for the pizza box or snowball along with starting throws I would appreciate it
check out flitetest.com
Nov 08, 2018, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slam555
You can find the full Nutball/Snowball thread here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836389

You can also find the PbF thread here.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...A-videos-plans

Both links are chock full of info about the planes you mentioned. Enjoy!
Yesterday, 04:28 PM
"Crunchies Rule"
This is a new wing I am designing and have already produced a test panel. The actual wing which is about to be assembled will be a 2 piece 2.7m symmetrical for glider aerobatics.

E

53" Board wing 1 (4 min 47 sec)
Last edited by oldscooler; Yesterday at 07:40 PM.
Yesterday, 07:44 PM
skumgummi dave
oldscooler:

Is your spar tapered?

Dave-
Today, 05:22 AM
Quad and foam adept
In the pictures the wing looks almost symmetrical in shape. What airfoil do you aim to achieve?
Latest blog entry: WoodQuad
Today, 10:41 AM
"Crunchies Rule"
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamdave
oldscooler: Is your spar tapered?Dave-
No it is not yet.
Today, 10:45 AM
"Crunchies Rule"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermani
In the pictures the wing looks almost symmetrical in shape. What airfoil do you aim to achieve?
No particular airfoil. First flights will tell us a lot how this thin foil will do. When I reveal the way we are flying you will see foil designation isnít really a concern as long as itís just Sym.

Quick Reply