Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
Gordosoar is offline
Find More Posts by Gordosoar
Sabre holic
Gordosoar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich View Post
Get a video
Yeah, iam planing on doing one at the time I do the first flight.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:36 AM
Nightstone is offline
Find More Posts by Nightstone
20 years on the Internet
Nightstone's Avatar

Another build...


Build another Armin wing plane. Yes I build alot ( plane every 3-4 days as part of my pain management. Keeps me focused ).

Anyways... Had 4 Hex DT700's from my failed quad build ( KK2 board died ) and decided to build a plane to put one on. Maidened it today. Flies nice and slow. In the video its way under powered. I had an issue with motor esc compatability and I was only running at about 600 or grams of thrust. Going to swap the esc out and put a 12 inch prop on. Should double power.

Here it is... 46" wing span, 33.5 inch Fuse. DT700 motor and Gemfan 11x4.7 prop. Pretty much my standard square fuse with a wing on top. Vid is short but you should get the idea on how it flies. Slow!

Next up something Fast...

Nightstone

RedBird (4 min 47 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:43 AM
jetcommander is offline
Find More Posts by jetcommander
Registered User
jetcommander's Avatar

Motor mount broken


I was just about to land my low wing Noob, which by the way Im very pleased with and then..... the aluminium motor mount gave up, so it was still a happy landing no damage to the aircraft.
When I fired up there was a little vibration, once in the air on half gas all was quiet and the vibration was gone so I thought nothing more of t and enjoyed flying on. Is this vibration caused by an out of balance prop, I did check it and seemed to be O.K. or is the motor shaft slightly bent, I checked that too or could it be something else, maybe the screws on the motor mount were not tight enough? Im a bit miffed, whats your experience on this one? would be delighted to get a feedback. Thanks.
Last edited by jetcommander; Nov 19, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
royalstar05 is offline
Find More Posts by royalstar05
Registered User
royalstar05's Avatar

P51


I got the wing for the P51 almost done over the weekend. Cut in the flaps and mounted the servos. Had a great day of flying with my tube skull We did video it but I am having trouble downloading it I will post the flight as soon as I came
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
Gordosoar is offline
Find More Posts by Gordosoar
Sabre holic
Gordosoar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Build another Armin wing plane. Yes I build alot ( plane every 3-4 days as part of my pain management. Keeps me focused ).

Anyways... Had 4 Hex DT700's from my failed quad build ( KK2 board died ) and decided to build a plane to put one on. Maidened it today. Flies nice and slow. In the video its way under powered. I had an issue with motor esc compatability and I was only running at about 600 or grams of thrust. Going to swap the esc out and put a 12 inch prop on. Should double power.

Here it is... 46" wing span, 33.5 inch Fuse. DT700 motor and Gemfan 11x4.7 prop. Pretty much my standard square fuse with a wing on top. Vid is short but you should get the idea on how it flies. Slow!

Next up something Fast...

Nightstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lol...ature=youtu.be
Short vid,, it was the longest 3:22 minutes of my life. Nice plane but could you please fly a little closer, I could just bearly see it.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:52 PM
Gordosoar is offline
Find More Posts by Gordosoar
Sabre holic
Gordosoar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcommander View Post
I was just about to land my low wing Noob, which by the way Im very pleased with and then..... the aluminium motor mount gave up, so it was still a happy landing no damage to the aircraft.
When I fired up there was a little vibration, once in the air on half gas all was quiet and the vibration was gone so I thought nothing more of t and enjoyed flying on. Is this vibration caused by an out of balance prop, I did check it and seemed to be O.K. or is the motor shaft slightly bent, I checked that too or could it be something else, maybe the screws on the motor mount were not tight enough? Im a bit miffed, whats your experience on this one? would be delighted to get a feedback. Thanks.
Never seen nothin like that before.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
Nightstone is offline
Find More Posts by Nightstone
20 years on the Internet
Nightstone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordosoar View Post
Short vid,, it was the longest 3:22 minutes of my life. Nice plane but could you please fly a little closer, I could just bearly see it.
Lol... its the go-pro strapped to my head. That is medium resolution. Will give narrow a try...

Nightstone
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
jetcommander is offline
Find More Posts by jetcommander
Registered User
jetcommander's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordosoar View Post
Never seen nothin like that before.
Yup theres a first time for everything.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wingman26 is offline
Find More Posts by Wingman26
Registered User
Wingman26's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstone View Post
Build another Armin wing plane. Yes I build alot ( plane every 3-4 days as part of my pain management. Keeps me focused ).

Anyways... Had 4 Hex DT700's from my failed quad build ( KK2 board died ) and decided to build a plane to put one on. Maidened it today. Flies nice and slow. In the video its way under powered. I had an issue with motor esc compatability and I was only running at about 600 or grams of thrust. Going to swap the esc out and put a 12 inch prop on. Should double power.

Here it is... 46" wing span, 33.5 inch Fuse. DT700 motor and Gemfan 11x4.7 prop. Pretty much my standard square fuse with a wing on top. Vid is short but you should get the idea on how it flies. Slow!

Next up something Fast...

Nightstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4lol...ature=youtu.be
According to this test: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1594904

The best performance with this motor is with an APC 12x3.8 prop
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:13 PM
Nightstone is offline
Find More Posts by Nightstone
20 years on the Internet
Nightstone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman26 View Post
According to this test: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1594904

The best performance with this motor is with an APC 12x3.8 prop
Yep... Picked up 2 today. Already bench tested them and its looking good. The Gemfans should have been kicking out 900 plus grams of thrust ( Plenty for this plane ) but the esc paired with it was not working well so I switched it out. When I throw this plane in the air tomorrow it will have twice the power as my original maiden. Should be fun!

I have this thing about power. The plane must be able to go vertical or i'm not happy.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm off to build something fast. I have 3 2200kv/300w motors that want a home.

Nightstone
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Red Goldman is offline
Find More Posts by Red Goldman
Registered User
Where would one find these carbon arrow shafts that everyone likes to use for spars, etc.? How much do they cost?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:00 PM
Wilfor is offline
Find More Posts by Wilfor
RC Adddict
Wilfor's Avatar
Walmart has Cheap Arrow Shafts

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Realtree-2...75lbs/17043398
Last edited by Wilfor; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:21 PM
Red Goldman is offline
Find More Posts by Red Goldman
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
Out of Stock Online

And my Walmart doesn't carry them. Crap.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
xheli_d is offline
Find More Posts by xheli_d
Registered User
Gordosoar

You said your canard design was too stable for you (I am sure you are a much better pilot than I) but it might be just right for me. Can you provide some dimensions for your plane in post #396? Thanks,

rocketsci
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
Wilfor is offline
Find More Posts by Wilfor
RC Adddict
Wilfor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Goldman View Post
Out of Stock Online

And my Walmart doesn't carry them. Crap.
Do you have a archery club near by ? I know members at mine and get old broken arrows from them . They throw alot away that are more the usable for us


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log SEW-SLO 30" Foamboard Wing Atx_Heli Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 73 Mar 27, 2016 03:15 AM
Build Log SEW-SLO 30" Foamboard Wing Atx_Heli Flying Wings 0 May 19, 2011 10:47 PM
Question So I have a sheet of $Tree foamboard... what to build? Bomb Dropper Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 15 Mar 23, 2011 03:49 PM
Discussion EDF/Motor for University Design Project uwpropulsionguy Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 0 Mar 06, 2011 04:24 PM