New Century Radikal E-640 - RC Groups
Feb 03, 2012, 06:33 AM
Discussion

New Century Radikal E-640

I have always been a Century heli fan. 12S, 640mm blades. Does anyone have any pics yet?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2012, 01:12 PM
Ditto. I have been having a lot of fun with my Carbon Swift 620SE over the last two years on 10S. This machine is awesome, a true 3D animal!!

It looks like their new 640 will replace it so I am looking forward to seeing it. I saw them post on RR or HF that they should have pictures of it up sometime today.

I was thinking of converting my 620SE to FBL for next season, but now I think I will just go with this new 640, as I expect they will offer an FBL version of it.
Feb 04, 2012, 05:34 AM
Pictures and prices are up at Helifreak. Looks very nice!
Feb 04, 2012, 07:43 PM
Committed heli addict...
Finally! Century designs an electric heli that's larger than a 550. (the 620 is basically a modified swift)

Good things come to those that wait.
Last edited by phoenixheli; Feb 04, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Feb 04, 2012, 07:58 PM
Nice!
Feb 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh but that looks just great. Got mine on order already!

http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...?currentid=814
Feb 06, 2012, 11:15 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
And thank you, Century, for not charging more for the flybarless version, when it costs less to make!

It seems they've continued some of the glow/gas cues, though-- looks like it has the rudder servo up front with the bellcrank link to the tail. I wonder how much else comes over.
Feb 08, 2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osterizer
And thank you, Century, for not charging more for the flybarless version, when it costs less to make!

It seems they've continued some of the glow/gas cues, though-- looks like it has the rudder servo up front with the bellcrank link to the tail. I wonder how much else comes over.
Yep- they certainly have them priced properly. Looking forward to getting mine I will do the FBL version & probably use the BeastX on it.
Last edited by rotoraddict; Feb 09, 2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Feb 09, 2012, 02:20 AM
We are working a on a build thread for this bird tomorrow. The container of these babies came in today to Century...so the staff is busy sorting them out, etc.

Richard Carlton
Team Century
Feb 09, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Carlton
We are working a on a build thread for this bird tomorrow. The container of these babies came in today to Century...so the staff is busy sorting them out, etc.

Richard Carlton
Team Century
Excellent! Someone has to set this next to some other Swifts so we can get a size comparison. This heli might just be too big for me and where i fly....
Last edited by Greybird; Feb 09, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Feb 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:

Richard Carlton
Team Century
It looks to be my next purchase - looking forward to your report.
Feb 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
Update: Basic Build is done...there is a video that Century posted to you tube. I have to CD a Fun Fly tomorrow...so after that...I can finish this bird off.

The video is comprised of a ton of build photos...I will pick the best ones and post here in the next few days.

Century Radikal E640 Build (5 min 23 sec)
Feb 13, 2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the build thread. That heli looks like it was very well thought out.

I understand that there has been a lot of beta testing of the pre-production units of this heli by select members of the Century team. Consequently I would expect it will come out of the gate very well.
Feb 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yes,

Actually there seems to be a lot of testing on this heli. This build was used to help validate the manual, etc. It went together very easy...and I for one ... hate complex builds.

I will start posting the photos later. Plus I need to get the 3G system cooking on this heli too...so we will have some flight videos.

- RC
Feb 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Yes,

Actually there seems to be a lot of testing on this heli. This build was used to help validate the manual, etc. It went together very easy...and I for one ... hate complex builds.

I will start posting the photos later. Plus I need to get the 3G system cooking on this heli too...so we will have some flight videos.

- RC
Do you know if there is any videos of any of the test flights on youtub?