Nov 17, 2017, 07:58 PM
Thomas Armstrong
Beautiful!

Hope you don't mind I added your photos here: http://www.allradiosailboats.com/design/kingFish
to remove ads between posts
Nov 17, 2017, 08:08 PM
I don't mind at all, tarmstro.
I noticed that allradiosailboats doesn't have anything for the "manual" but the "plan" is there.
The backside of the original plan sheet is the actual build instructions, but I only have it in 4 or 5 separate files. Would it be appropriate to enter a link to those files as the "manual"?
Nov 18, 2017, 07:44 AM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictac80
I don't mind at all, tarmstro.
I noticed that allradiosailboats doesn't have anything for the "manual" but the "plan" is there.
The backside of the original plan sheet is the actual build instructions, but I only have it in 4 or 5 separate files. Would it be appropriate to enter a link to those files as the "manual"?
Oh yes!!! Feel free to send me all you have to [email protected]

(the photo for the plans is a very bad one - would appreciate a better ont if you have it)
Nov 29, 2017, 08:05 PM

Instruction Manual

I did have a chance to try my Kingfish on the pond a few days ago. The wind was at least 15 MPH so it knocked me down a few times. My fingers were too busy sailing so I couldn't get any video. I plan to lengthen the keel an inch or two over the winter. It sailed along nicely on a reach but it didn't like being close-hauled. I had to jibe a few times instead of coming about. It probably will behave better in calmer conditions.

There is now an instruction manual at:

http://www.allradiosailboats.com/design/kingFish

I hope this will be of some use to those wanting to build the model. Even if you have a kit with missing pieces, all parts except for the hull could likely be improvised. Let me know if you are working on one.

I will be posting my build log on this model within a week or so with lots of photos. Look for it on this forum.
Dec 01, 2017, 10:09 AM

Build Log

You can find my Sterling Kingfish Build Log at this location...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rling-Kingfish
Oct 15, 2021, 09:56 PM
I know these posts are quite old but does anyone still have plans for this model?
Oct 16, 2021, 07:30 AM
Culper Junior
Thread OP
The Kingfish hill was moulded plastic so there were no plans for that, mostly you received a plans size paper with assembly illustrations. ( if I remember correctly)

Check out the build log link in the post above yours for a nice review.

Quick Reply