New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:25 PM
rcflyair is online now
Find More Posts by rcflyair
Registered User
rcflyair's Avatar
I've been using Tri-Flow for many years on the moving parts. Only takes a small amount and safe on plastic.....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:38 PM
turboparker is online now
Find More Posts by turboparker
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
+1 on the Tri-Flow!

I use Tri-Flow on my helis & ground-pounders. Excellent stuff. As Rcflyair noted, it's plastic-safe. It attracts a lot less dirt than the other lubes I've used, and it also leaves a Teflon film behind - which means that I don't have to re-lube as often.

Joel
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:48 PM
Spyro37 is offline
Find More Posts by Spyro37
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
- The Heli does not have any vibration at all that me & other pilot could notice during flight, both normal or IU
- I got an advise that it is possible that the gyro is getting some vib causing the issue.

- I just finished running the heli again but not vib that I could see, (but my wife thinks that it even vibrates the house ).
- But has to give a shot regarding the suggestion.
- I took out the entire head. Left the tail.
- Run the heli with the M-shaft on.
- Normal seemed fine. Swash, mecahnical, servos OK.
- Going IU (90% flat), I feel some vibe. Placed my fingers above the colar, seems smooth. At the tip of the M-shaft might have some vib. So it's possible that it's not spinning true or bearings. Bearings don't have slop I could feel though.
- Pulled out the main shaft and rolled it. It seemed really straight. BUT rolling it on my stainless steel 12" foot rule edge, seemed to have 2/10 of a mm gap at the other end of the shaft. A folded paper could possibly (?) be slid into the gap.

Like I mentioned above, I have crashed (minor) this heli on my second flight. The only damage was broken main shaft, even the wooden blades were undamaged.
I purchased this heli when it was released, so the spare shaft I got from the LHS should be same as the original.
- - Did it bend midflight from a week ago. before the issue occured (?)


- I suspect that the bad right drift was coming from the shaft. Whether it's actually bent (?) or vib, I have to try & replace the shaft.
- The spare that I purchased long ago came in 2 packs but had lost the other pc.

MY question is:
I heard bad things about the original design.
So I'm expecting that if I pick up/order a new spare, it should be "re-designed"
Is it a "drop-in" like the old one, or anything extra I need to purchase or replace, If I get the newer shaft?


Thanks,
- Spyro
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:00 PM
indoorheli is offline
Find More Posts by indoorheli
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Instead of picking up a new 300 motor, get the 300x motor from Dylan http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...rushless-motor

Oh just noticed it is out of stock, but can be had here http://donsrc.com/cart/index.php?_a=...&product_id=52

or just sell the 300 and buy a 500x...that'll fix your issues
500x in open field (4 min 18 sec)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:04 PM
Spyro37 is offline
Find More Posts by Spyro37
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Instead of picking up a new 300 motor, get the 300x motor from Dylan http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...rushless-motor

or just sell the 300 and buy a 500x...that'll fix it
Oh, I just got the New Align 550 DFC from HeliDirect ($630) delivered to my door, New Years sale, no gyro included.
Still in the box.

Sorry, I meant Main Shaft (not motor shaft).

So what do I expect with the new HH new/re-designed Main shaft?

Nice flight with that 500X.
Looks like you're loving it than your micros...
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:18 PM
indoorheli is offline
Find More Posts by indoorheli
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
Nice, good price on the 550.

If the main shaft has even the slightest bend it isnt good. I cant say if/what the differences are on a new main shaft, though as long as your old ones in package are straight they should be fine.

Yes I love my 500x and it feels super light in the air and has plenty of power to save me when needed... They just started shipping today too, so I can finally crash it without worries
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:31 PM
johnnyrocco123 is offline
Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
+1 on the Tri-Flow!

I use Tri-Flow on my helis & ground-pounders. Excellent stuff. As Rcflyair noted, it's plastic-safe. It attracts a lot less dirt than the other lubes I've used, and it also leaves a Teflon film behind - which means that I don't have to re-lube as often.

Joel
Thanks. Nice to know I should have been lubricating these birds. I have been flying my 300x and 450x since August. I've never lubed....
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:19 PM
KeithK is offline
Find More Posts by KeithK
What Canary?
KeithK's Avatar
HeliFreak has a thread dedicated to the pitching right problem http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=474391
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:59 PM
rvmustang is offline
Find More Posts by rvmustang
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Thanks. Nice to know I should have been lubricating these birds. I have been flying my 300x and 450x since August. I've never lubed....
I will defiantly try this oil. I have used a synthetic (Labelle 108) and it has worked well for me. It does collect light dust but the helis last longer. It is also rated to use in RC motor brushes and bearings.

www.con.com/Labelle.html
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:13 PM
Spyro37 is offline
Find More Posts by Spyro37
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK View Post
HeliFreak has a thread dedicated to the pitching right problem http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=474391
OK thanks,
I'm reading it now, and it seemed to be not new. Some had experienced the same thing. So that's a big help regarding the link you just shared. Sounds like mechanical according to one of the posts (FBL follower arms).
Thanks,
- Spyro
Last edited by Spyro37; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:19 PM
rvmustang is offline
Find More Posts by rvmustang
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
- The Heli does not have any vibration at all that me & other pilot could notice during flight, both normal or IU
- I got an advise that it is possible that the gyro is getting some vib causing the issue.

- I just finished running the heli again but not vib that I could see, (but my wife thinks that it even vibrates the house ).
- But has to give a shot regarding the suggestion.
- I took out the entire head. Left the tail.
- Run the heli with the M-shaft on.
- Normal seemed fine. Swash, mecahnical, servos OK.
- Going IU (90% flat), I feel some vibe. Placed my fingers above the colar, seems smooth. At the tip of the M-shaft might have some vib. So it's possible that it's not spinning true or bearings. Bearings don't have slop I could feel though.
- Pulled out the main shaft and rolled it. It seemed really straight. BUT rolling it on my stainless steel 12" foot rule edge, seemed to have 2/10 of a mm gap at the other end of the shaft. A folded paper could possibly (?) be slid into the gap.

Like I mentioned above, I have crashed (minor) this heli on my second flight. The only damage was broken main shaft, even the wooden blades were undamaged.
I purchased this heli when it was released, so the spare shaft I got from the LHS should be same as the original.
- - Did it bend midflight from a week ago. before the issue occured (?)


- I suspect that the bad right drift was coming from the shaft. Whether it's actually bent (?) or vib, I have to try & replace the shaft.
- The spare that I purchased long ago came in 2 packs but had lost the other pc.

MY question is:
I heard bad things about the original design.
So I'm expecting that if I pick up/order a new spare, it should be "re-designed"
Is it a "drop-in" like the old one, or anything extra I need to purchase or replace, If I get the newer shaft?


Thanks,
- Spyro
Even if you cannot see the vibration it can be there. Check the shouldered screws on the flybarless follower arms. It caused a problem for me and I did not see this until I disassembled the head. Cheap to check and it is visual.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:32 PM
emeraldc is offline
Find More Posts by emeraldc
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
All ready to go, except that one of the batteries was a dud And the shop was out of others, so I only have one battery!

Anyone know some good batteries within Canada?

Weather's crap, maybe a hover in the room.......
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:35 PM
Spyro37 is offline
Find More Posts by Spyro37
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvmustang View Post
Even if you cannot see the vibration it can be there. Check the shouldered screws on the flybarless follower arms. It caused a problem for me and I did not see this until I disassembled the head. Cheap to check and it is visual.
Looks like that's the #1 suspect FBL F-arms.
Second is the motor's bearing, which needs to be loctited, or it could also cause some vibe affecting the gyro.
3rd, is the weak (original design) main shaft.
So it should be easy fix.
Thanks,
- spyro
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:43 PM
Billz_01 is offline
Find More Posts by Billz_01
Billy
Glad you've got it sorted spyro, I didn't realise how it could be affected that way, I guess the added head speed makes the vibration worse. I'll definitely keep all that in mind when diagnosing my future issues...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:06 AM
emeraldc is offline
Find More Posts by emeraldc
west coast flyer
emeraldc's Avatar
The only batteries I can find, other then e-flite, are scorpion 1500ma 30c or 1100 25c, I'm thinking the 1500ma should be fine for the sport flying I'll be doing. What do you guys think?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 09:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 08:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 03:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 09:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 06:23 PM