Thread Tools
Oct 23, 2012, 10:18 PM
Registered User
Picked up one of these babies today, just configured my DX8 per the manual and bound it up. Overall things look good, but I noticed that the tail servo seems super fast responsive to rudder stick movements. Is this typical? I haven't been able to fly it since it's far too late tonight, I'll likely put it up tomorrow but before I have any issues I figured I'd ask if normal behavior is for the servo for the tail to go full throw one way or the other with minimal movement of the rudder stick...

Otherwise am I safe using all the settings for the DX8 verbatim?

Tom
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2012, 10:25 PM
Heli Mad
stevebarrow's Avatar
Should be ok in flight. Make sure you set the end points as they seem to be set too wide out if the factory and this could lead to the tail servo burning out.
Oct 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
RC Keeps Me Sane
DanBo3D's Avatar
Unless you are actually spooling up the rudder will just go to either end as the gyro is fooled by no torque motion. This is normal. The DX8 setup is good as long as you use the adendum pages for the corrections.... enjoy!!
Oct 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Do the pre flight checks in the manual to make sure you got everything right!
Oct 23, 2012, 11:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all
...
I figured I'd ask if normal behavior is for the servo for the tail to go full throw one way or the other with minimal movement of the rudder stick...
...
This is normal for a heading-hold gyro. Experiment with moving the heli a little around the yaw axis by hand. I'll start to make sense then.
Oct 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan
Unless you are actually spooling up the rudder will just go to either end as the gyro is fooled by no torque motion. This is normal. The DX8 setup is good as long as you use the adendum pages for the corrections.... enjoy!!
Umm I only saw an addendum page for the DX6i not for the DX8...

Tom
Oct 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebarrow
Should be ok in flight. Make sure you set the end points as they seem to be set too wide out if the factory and this could lead to the tail servo burning out.
Any suggestion for endpoint settings on a dx8? Where should it stop on both ends?

Tom
Oct 24, 2012, 08:52 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
DanBo3D's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all
Umm I only saw an addendum page for the DX6i not for the DX8...

Tom
The throttle curve correction is what I meant, don't run 100% on the woodies.
Oct 24, 2012, 09:01 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
DanBo3D's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all
Any suggestion for endpoint settings on a dx8? Where should it stop on both ends?

Tom
The tail end points can be checked/adjusted in the BX setup. Step "E"
Fly it first, don't go by what you see without the heli actually flying or experience the piro rate. These are 99.9% good to go out of the box, don't mess with it unless you fly and feel something you don't like. Until it's hovered/flown you might be messing up a good thing....
Oct 24, 2012, 09:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan
The throttle curve correction is what I meant, don't run 100% on the woodies.
Ah I missed that what should idle up be set to on dx8 mine is in fact 100 right now.
Oct 24, 2012, 09:36 AM
RC Keeps Me Sane
DanBo3D's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all
Ah I missed that what should idle up be set to on dx8 mine is in fact 100 right now.
Per the sheet,
N 0-25-50-60-70
ST-1 100-70-60-70-100
ST-2 75-75-75-75-75
Last edited by DanBo3D; Oct 24, 2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo
Oct 24, 2012, 10:42 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
This is normal for a heading-hold gyro. Experiment with moving the heli a little around the yaw axis by hand. I'll start to make sense then.
Common question, too...

Why does the servo stick to one side? (3 min 25 sec)
Oct 24, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by microDan
Per the sheet,
N 0-25-50-60-70
ST-1 100-70-60-70-100
ST-2 75-75-75-75-75
Ok just made the above changes, maiden will be very shortly!!!

Tom
Oct 24, 2012, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2tw4all
Ok just made the above changes, maiden will be very shortly!!!

Tom
I found it to be much more stable on "ST-1" than "N". Just be ready at the Throttle Hold switch so you don't kill your main gear!
Oct 24, 2012, 04:08 PM
Is getting old...
quadracer111's Avatar
Woo. Horizon parts came in. In a few hours my new heli will no longer be a few ziploc bags full of parts.

Along with the new esc, landing gear, and frame, they sent me feathering shafts too.

<3 HH.

Don't think i'll be putting her up in the air anytime soon though. This was yesterday morning, and then we received an extra 20cm on top of that, and it's still snowing atm.



Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 08:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 07:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 02:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 08:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 05:23 PM