Thread Tools
Jul 16, 2012, 04:14 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
I got a chance to have Manny really bang my new 300X around yesterday at the field and it was awesome. Aside from a slight vibration from those awful woodies (CF mains is the next upgrade), it did everything straight out of the box. I made sure that I added loctite to the feathering shaft screws to keep the blades on her during the flight. So far, I am really happy I bought this one. Really didn't need much in pre-flight except balancing the tail and main blades and a dab of loctite. Oh, I also went into the Rx to adjust the +/- pitch limits. It had a little more negative than positive out of the box with my JR9303 Tx (running +/-13*).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2012, 04:52 PM
Registered User
wlee1017's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
I got a chance to have Manny really bang my new 300X around yesterday at the field and it was awesome. Aside from a slight vibration from those awful woodies (CF mains is the next upgrade), it did everything straight out of the box. I made sure that I added loctite to the feathering shaft screws to keep the blades on her during the flight. So far, I am really happy I bought this one. Really didn't need much in pre-flight except balancing the tail and main blades and a dab of loctite. Oh, I also went into the Rx to adjust the +/- pitch limits. It had a little more negative than positive out of the box with my JR9303 Tx (running +/-13*).
yes, the stock wood blades are not vey good and out of balance. I am looking for 245mm cf blades or compatible replacement. HH 300X cf blades on pre-order only.
Jul 17, 2012, 08:15 AM
Registered User
jimmiedac's Avatar
WOOHOOO!!! I got notification Ampdraw has shipped my 300X !!! It should be here by Friday! Guess I need to get those EC3 connectors installed on my extra batteries!!! Wohooo!

Regards,
J
Jul 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Hehe... I'm totally stopping by the hobby shop tonight whether they call me or not. Sometimes they forget to call me about important stuff like this
Jul 17, 2012, 10:53 AM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
I wonder how much tweaking there will need on the beastx. I haven't really worked with this rx and all the settings. I know it is pre loaded for the 300, but just not sure how much settings will need to be changed.

J
Jul 17, 2012, 11:13 AM
Rocket Programmer
jasmine2501's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I wonder how much tweaking there will need on the beastx. I haven't really worked with this rx and all the settings. I know it is pre loaded for the 300, but just not sure how much settings will need to be changed.

J
It will only need to be changed if you don't like it. Most people are seeming to like the stock settings. Things like flying at high altitude may require small changes, I'll let you know
Jul 17, 2012, 11:16 AM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
It will only need to be changed if you don't like it. Most people are seeming to like the stock settings. Things like flying at high altitude may require small changes, I'll let you know
Thanks Jasmine Mine should be here by next week.

J
Jul 17, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
The defaults are very good and well thought out. Mine flew straight out of the box. The BeastX has been set to take throttle and pitch curves rather than its own settings. The suggested transmitter settings in the manual seem to work well for me. I am not up to 3D standard by any stretch of the imagination.
Jul 17, 2012, 04:07 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
I heard not to go past 75 in idle up...it causes vibrations. Can someone who has this heli have any experience going past this?

J
Jul 17, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
I heard not to go past 75 in idle up...it causes vibrations. Can someone who has this heli have any experience going past this?

J
It's not a matter of "just hearing it". The addendum that ships with the bird clearly says not to go above 75% with the stock blades when running a flat throttle curve. It also shows a recommended V-curve for the woodies. Why tempt fate? I'm not cranking-up the HS on mine until I install the c/f blades.

Joel
Jul 17, 2012, 04:46 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
It's not a matter of "just hearing it". The addendum that ships with the bird clearly says not to go above 75% with the stock blades when running a flat throttle curve. It also shows a recommended V-curve for the woodies. Why tempt fate? I'm not cranking-up the HS on mine until I install the c/f blades.

Joel
Are you guys referring to travel adjustment for the pitch servo??
Jul 17, 2012, 04:47 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
...
Last edited by indoorheli; Jul 17, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Jul 17, 2012, 04:51 PM
Can't get enough
jabsten's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
It's not a matter of "just hearing it". The addendum that ships with the bird clearly says not to go above 75% with the stock blades when running a flat throttle curve. It also shows a recommended V-curve for the woodies. Why tempt fate? I'm not cranking-up the HS on mine until I install the c/f blades.

Joel
I wasn't going to tempt fate....I don't have it yet and was going by the manual. Didn't see or read the sheet in there.


J
Jul 17, 2012, 05:07 PM
Registered User
Blackanthem's Avatar
Search and search I did. I still have not see a real good answer on what Lipo, will fit the 300X. Or maybe I have, and I am just a little dense.
What would be a good Lipo? I don't mind spending a few bucks more, for Quality stuff.

TIA
Jul 17, 2012, 05:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
Hehe... I'm totally stopping by the hobby shop tonight whether they call me or not. Sometimes they forget to call me about important stuff like this
You're getting a 300 X? Awesome and can't wait for your review! My 300 X is on hold now that I got a working 130 X.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Trex 700E FBL BeastX BNF 1600$ Shipped trevjonez Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Aug 15, 2011 08:04 PM
For Sale Outrage 550 FBL W/BeastX BNF KenM Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jul 09, 2011 07:20 AM
Found BeastX FBL controller Hellsiege Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jan 28, 2011 02:24 PM
Sold BeastX, Spektrum Satellite, BeastX Satellite Adapter, 450 Sport FBL Head NovaCX12 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jan 22, 2011 08:07 AM
Sold Microbeast BeastX FBL unit NEW never used Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Dec 07, 2010 05:23 PM