Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:59 PM
Find More Posts by jw357_23043
Shut up and Fly!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic View Post
Tip stall? Yes a little, Nothing you can not correct though. I have flown planes that no matter how much you set up for a stall it tips anyways and they were called 3D planes
The Hk slick takes a bit more talent to 3D smoothly and well. Its not as easy as say the 51 aj slick. With that said the HK slick was 1/2 the price all said and done. My brother and I use the hk slick as the back yard flyer and the plane that goes out to the jobsite with us. Its perfect for that. There isn't any manuver I can't do with it (that I know how to do ) and I have no issues bringing it down low either. So like I said this is the every day beater and my AJ slick is the ones I take to the fly-ins.
A beater is what I'm looking for Losi. That way my 70"EXP can stay as my IMAC plane and other events in between. Those EF planes hold true in the wind!! That's for sure. I flew the basic class in 20+mph with a 10.5 lb EXP on 8s 5000 and it wasn't as noticeable as I thought.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043 View Post
A beater is what I'm looking for Losi. That way my 70"EXP can stay as my IMAC plane and other events in between. Those EF planes hold true in the wind!! That's for sure. I flew the basic class in 20+mph with a 10.5 lb EXP on 8s 5000 and it wasn't as noticeable as I thought.
you are only 2.5 hours from me. If you want to fly the HK I can meet up with you one weekend and see what you think of it.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
Quote:
you are only 2.5 hours from me. If you want to fly the HK I can meet up with you one weekend and see what you think of it.
Are you familiar with Chesapeake? Here's the website to my club:

http://www.flytrc.com/flytrc/Welcome.html

I'd like to do that however this weekend will be the only time I will have as I get surgery on the 27th of this month. Recovery is suppose to take 6 weeks but I plan on getting back at the sticks sooner than that. We are holding a scale funfly this coming weekend. If you want to come your'e more than welcome. I know it's a bit soon but had to throw it out there. Also, I'm in the process of trying to host a Wings for Wishes event sometime in August. Not sure as to the exact dates as I am in the planning stage at the moment. When I get dates I plan on letting everyone I can know about it.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by losifanatic
Sippin the Koolaid!
I will see if I can make it this weekend. Will talk with my wife when I get home.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
Quote:
I will see if I can make it this weekend. Will talk with my wife when I get home.
Sounds good!!
Old May 24, 2013, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by Geir1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
A revelation The perfect use for this out of control forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all copy this and agree to it's premise...

1. All team pilots should subscribe to a code of ethics that includes NOT slamming competitors. Competitors gives all choices. I want those choices.

2. We need the Hobby Kings and The PA, ef, and 3dhs type companies. Where would we be without the high performance innovations by PA, EF and 3dhs.? None of the companies are above morality, but we need them all... Where would we be without Hobbyking? We would still be paying 240.00 for a 6 cell battery, flying less because we've run out of batteries... we wouldn't have that 19.00 foamy we don't mind plowing into the ground practicing maneuvers we shouldn't be trying.. and I personally would be without that piece of crap foam trainer that my girlfriend crashes way too often because she doesn't know the difference between stalling and flying!

3. Last but not least... Consumers Rule here... Protect the consumer from bad products. This means faulty products... this means no haters slamming it because they like someone else better. Keep things constructive! Negative things belong here too, but reasonably discussed. Do the haters realize that they discredit themselves the moment they get nasty and go overboard?

No one's perfect. Neither are the manufacturers... accept it and let's have fun and not spend your family's lunch money on this godforsaken hobby!
Wisdom, Sir!

I have a PA Addiction that I have broken allmost every Natural Law With. Just Call her "my red bitch" Seens I can do anything I want to her
Have just bought the Slick 360 and in between all the blabla on this forum, I have been following this tread and gotten some really good advices on this plane and PA Addictions tread.
I have had for years a Hyperion Z3025-10 815kv and Wonder if I can use it in the Slick for sport flying and moderat 3D
I am a big fan of the videos you have posted on Youtube and vimeo. Love the mood, Music and the amasing flying, in them!
Old Jun 02, 2013, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by Wing-span
Chuck it and see!
Great build thread!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by Audiophiliac
I really wish they would bring these back in stock, it's been over six months!
If anyone has any news, let me know.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by creapyd
Prefectionist
I doubt the will ever come back. I think it was a one run special. I wish the would come back with an updated version that has a larger rudder and maybe carbon fiber landing gear. do those two things and this plane would be better than the similar 3dhs planes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophiliac View Post
I really wish they would bring these back in stock, it's been over six months!
If anyone has any news, let me know.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
I doubt the will ever come back. I think it was a one run special. I wish the would come back with an updated version that has a larger rudder and maybe carbon fiber landing gear. do those two things and this plane would be better than the similar 3dhs planes.
I really hope you're not right... You'd think if it wasn't going to be back they'd take it off the website.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Now, what does this button do?
Eeer..... It is back in stock!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 08:17 AM
Yay! Cheers Nukiwi. Postage price gone up a bit but, meh... Time to start putting together rudder mod
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Subbed
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by TassadarOfAiur
Hi gents,

I have a bit of concern for motor mount holes pre-drilled on my Slick. Using those holes, the motor will be slightly off-center to the left. I'm wondering if thats an assembly error or is by design. If by design, what would be the 'great idea' behind? Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by Nukiwi
Now, what does this button do?
The holes are in the correct place. This just gives a degree of side thrust, plus once you put it all together, you will see the spinner/cowl will all line up.