May 25, 2017, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Too bad there were not a software upgrade available.

I would pay for the features of the DX20 into my 18 but I would never buy that garish box the 20 is in.
Had it not been for the "garish box" that the DX20 is in, I would not have bought the thing. The DX18 was just too big for my hands with short fingers and some arthritis to deal with and I'd gone to Futaba because of that issue. While I have no intention of abandoning my Futaba stuff, I really need a replacement for my JR 12X radios. All of my GS gassers and one turbine are on the Spektrum RF deck rx's with most being PowerSafes. I tried to make a DX18QQ work for me, but it just wasn't in the cards.

That said; while the appearance with that weird second antenna is a bit much for my tastes, it is one of the most comfortable tx's to handle that I've run across and I've had a number of tx's.

JMHO....
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2017, 03:14 PM
The nicest part about the DX 20 code for me is the adjustable monitor for 4-12 channels.

Andy
May 25, 2017, 03:31 PM
Which was already available for all other radios
May 25, 2017, 08:00 PM
But the twenty was the excuse to make it.

Andy
May 27, 2017, 01:42 PM
Diverted by planks

May 29, 2017, 07:57 PM
Clear prop!
so I understand the 18 is not available. Any particular reasons? I am considering a used DX18 but will hold off if there is concern
May 29, 2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloKid
so I understand the 18 is not available. Any particular reasons? I am considering a used DX18 but will hold off if there is concern

There are no concerns with any of these radios. I own a DX18G1 and a DX18G2, being the last, I bought a few weeks before it was discontinued and I feel VERY lucky for such opportunity.

HH still haven't announced what will be launched to fill the gap between the dx9 and dx20, so if you still have a chance to buy a DX18 NIB, just go for it. You won't regret as it is a wonderful transmitter.

Carlos
May 30, 2017, 03:25 AM
And it will get updates as long as all other Airware radios (except the original DX8 and DX7s) will get updates. I also have a G1 and a G2. Get one if you can.
Jun 15, 2017, 01:39 AM
ibp
ibp
Bought a used DX18 with airware 1.03, can I update to 1.12?

ibp
Jun 15, 2017, 02:45 AM
No bounce, No play.
You certainly can update to whatever the latest version is. You need to make a Log In at My Spektrum. Then you need to get the serial number from inside the radio. You can export it to the SD card then copy and paste where you register the radio.

Then you will be able to download the update for your specific radio.
Jun 15, 2017, 06:59 AM
You also need to make sure the first owner hasn't registered it and if he has have him un-register it.

L.
Jun 15, 2017, 07:01 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Also note, you can't use the file from someone elses radio, it's encrypted with the serial number of the radio, it has to be downloaded from Spektrum for that particular radio or it won't load
Jun 15, 2017, 11:13 AM
ibp
ibp
Done, play well.

thanks

ibp
Jul 21, 2017, 04:25 PM
jrb
jrb
Hi Gents!

Need some DX-18 (1st Gen - Mode 2) help -- it's @ SW Rev 1.1

Got an X-Vert and things don't seem right -- Rudder Stick move the ailerons, nothing visible happens with the Aileron Stick?

Also, don't fully understand the Arm/Cut-off sequence; assume power on TX (& Bind) w/Cut-off engaged? Arm 1st and release the Cut-off?

Can I go directly to 1.2 from 1.1; or, do 1.12 1st?

Will that fix my X-Vert issue?

Does anyone have a X-Vert set-up (SPM) file?

TIA,

Jim
Jul 21, 2017, 04:48 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
I dont have a file but it took me about a minute and a half to set one up for a guy at the field, you just have to follow the instructions for the DX18 which is in the instructions.

I do know that when its setup right the ailerons and elevators work properly when the mode switch is in expert airplane mode.

Quick Reply