Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2012, 03:30 PM
pach is offline
Find More Posts by pach
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d Marky View Post
I have a few simple questions.

1) Why do Spektrum keep bringing out Radio's when they haven't even perfected their current one's?

2) Does this now mean the poor man's DX8 will wither away with limited firmware support as the team concentrate on the flagship models?
The got it absolutely right with the DX7S btw, which is why they waited so long after the DX8 to release it..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
teamdavey is offline
Find More Posts by teamdavey
Registered User
Congratulations on resisting the temptation to add useless (and unreadable in daylight) bling like a color screen and staying with the roller.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
Congratulations on resisting the temptation to add useless (and unreadable in daylight) bling like a color screen and staying with the roller.
Why, is the 18MZ's screen undiscernable and illegible in daylight?

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
AndyKunz is offline
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
One feature they didn't mention very well: it runs all day on the stock LiPo pack. No need for a quick-change battery

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:24 PM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
One feature they didn't mention very well: it runs all day on the stock LiPo pack. No need for a quick-change battery

Andy
Is that longer than the NiMH in the DX8? My stock battery in the DX8 seems to last for a few days of flying.

VP
Last edited by Victory Pete; Feb 01, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:32 PM
AndyKunz is offline
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
It uses about the same power (120mA) as the DX8.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
pach is offline
Find More Posts by pach
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Why, is the 18MZ's screen undiscernable and illegible in daylight?
VP
Im sure its ok, but I have yet to see a touch screen phone outperform a regular phone in sunlight.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:33 PM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
It uses about the same power (120mA) as the DX8.

Andy
Okay, but does the LiPo outlast the stock DX8 battery? What is the rating of the LiPo?

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:38 PM
mighty9 is offline
Find More Posts by mighty9
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
What is confusing about that?
Whats confusing is people complaining about it.I simply stated its easy to see the trims
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:42 PM
freechip is offline
Find More Posts by freechip
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Then you haven't seen them all, mine will self adjust according to the lighting. You should see how clear and bright the screen gets outside.



Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Im sure its ok, but I have yet to see a touch screen phone outperform a regular phone in sunlight.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:01 PM
AndyKunz is offline
Find More Posts by AndyKunz
AndyKunz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Okay, but does the LiPo outlast the stock DX8 battery? What is the rating of the LiPo?

VP
I don't know, and that's something that they resolve further down the road. My guess is that's why they didn't mention it in the early documentation.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:16 PM
pach is offline
Find More Posts by pach
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Then you haven't seen them all, mine will self adjust according to the lighting. You should see how clear and bright the screen gets outside.
Canadian sunlight isnt exactly the strongest thing in the world.
Although the 18mz does have a capacitive touchscreen which is much better than the 14mz's one..
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:59 PM
Victory Pete is offline
Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I don't know, and that's something that they resolve further down the road. My guess is that's why they didn't mention it in the early documentation.

Andy
So is it safe to assume the LiPo for the DX18 is not the same as the LiPo for the DX8?

VP
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:59 PM
Dave H. is online now
Find More Posts by Dave H.
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty9 View Post
Whats confusing is people complaining about it.I simply stated its easy to see the trims
Oh, sorry, I didn't see that. (ignore list) People have been confused about that for over a year!
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:54 PM
richard hanson is offline
Find More Posts by richard hanson
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Now for the really important stuff:
The 18 will not fit in my Venom TX case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what do I do for a nice fitted case -
By the way I dropped my Venom case on concrete - no scuffing, no damage.
Have buyer waiting for my DX8 as soon as the 18 is available
Notwithstanding the nay sayers on the DX8 - it has a excellent reputation in our territory


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Spektrum DSM2 and the Nats - Question for Spektrum/JR users aeajr Sailplane Talk 25 May 29, 2012 04:14 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Dec 20, 2011 06:12 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Dec 14, 2011 08:30 PM
For Sale Spektrum & JR 2.4 Ghz DSM2 receivers for sale I have a sailplane sized Spektrum AR93 zaptherio Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 15, 2011 06:14 PM
Sold SPEKTRUM DX6i DSMX with Spektrum Ni-cads and charger- like new condition shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Oct 19, 2011 05:59 AM