Jul 06, 2013, 06:18 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Then something must be wrong with yours cause even with my noise induce hearing lost I still hear it.

Have it service/inspected if you can't do a side by side comparison with someone else's.

Or like mentioned above, if you aren't satisfied return it.

I just got back from RC trip where for the first time I witness Turbine Jets. Those things are loud and they all had DX18, they probably were using the vibe option.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2013, 06:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Then something must be wrong with yours cause even with my noise induce hearing lost I still hear it.

Have it service/inspected if you can't do a side by side comparison with someone else's.
I just got it 24 hours ago, It will be exchanged for replacement. The screens contrast doesn't work properly either.
Jul 06, 2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Hearing lost?

I don't hear as much as I use to. You can't recover from noise induce hearing loss according to my doc but at least now I got paper with numbers on it showing I have hearing loss when my wife complains about me not doing what she had asked.

I didn't hear you.....
I don't have the best of hearing either thanks to years of playing electric guitars way too LOUD and even to me the DX18 is a fairly loud and shrill little beast. I'm thinking there is just something wrong with his. I've got the opposite problem, I wish there was a way to quiet mine down and make the tones more like the QQ.
Jul 06, 2013, 07:44 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirds Rule
I don't have the best of hearing either thanks to years of playing electric guitars way too LOUD and even to me the DX18 is a fairly loud and shrill little beast. I'm thinking there is just something wrong with his. I've got the opposite problem, I wish there was a way to quiet mine down and make the tones more like the QQ.
Well Andy said the first ones were loud and didn't have some dampening material added, how old is yours?
Jul 06, 2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohnsen
Well Andy said the first ones were loud and didn't have some dampening material added, how old is yours?
I got mine less than a month ago so it's definitely not an early one. The nice thing is you can turn the sounds off if you want to. That's what I did when setting up my models on the new radio. Once they were setup I turned the sounds back on because I like to be able to hear the trim sliders and I also like to be able to hear the throttle timer engage when I push the stick past 30%. It's no biggie, the guys who bought the QQ's paid a lot more for their radios than I did for my standard DX18 so they deserve the nicer sounding beeps I guess.
Jul 06, 2013, 09:19 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Why can I not find the previous airware versions' download links? I've yet to update and have multiple to do. I think it say i'm version 1.00. Also, I know 1.04 must be on before 1.04c, but since I'm coming from 1.00...is there any updates I can skip to? (1.02, 1.03...)
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Jul 06, 2013, 09:33 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Updates normally contained all the previous ones.

C requires you have the previous version already installed and its why both are available on the community website.
Jul 06, 2013, 09:42 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Got it, thanks!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Jul 06, 2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Hearing lost?

I don't hear as much as I use to. You can't recover from noise induce hearing loss according to my doc but at least now I got paper with numbers on it showing I have hearing loss when my wife complains about me not doing what she had asked.

I didn't hear you.....
I should have introduced you to Ray at the meeting. He had just brought his DX6i in for service because he couldn't hear the timer beeps. While he's talking with the guys they showed him it was working - except he couldn't hear it! He upgraded to a DX18 so he can use the vibe.

I don't think that's Steven's problem. I suggest returning it to have them improve the loudness and check on the LCD.

Andy
Jul 07, 2013, 04:20 AM

DLG programming

Hi folks,
I've tried searching and looking in the manual but i'm damnded if I can suss out how to reverse the action of the bind button when trying to use it as a Launch button for my DLG.

I am not new to the DX18 but I am new to DLG's and in fact sailplanes full stop.
I can set up a FBL heli on the DX18 in about 15 minutes without issue but this glider malarky is squeezing my tiny melon.

I wonder if any of you have an insight into what I'm obviously missing?

If I set button I (bind button) as the launch momentary and switch B as the flight mode switch it all seems to work except for one thing, it's permanently in Launch mode UNLESS I depress the bind button.

I'm convinced my ingrained heli way of thinking is preventing me from seeing the obvious, any help would be greatly appreciated.

One last thing is that I'm possibly not using the very latest FW and I believe the latest FW deals differently with switches?

Cheers
D
Jul 07, 2013, 04:21 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirds Rule
I got mine less than a month ago so it's definitely not an early one. The nice thing is you can turn the sounds off if you want to. That's what I did when setting up my models on the new radio. Once they were setup I turned the sounds back on because I like to be able to hear the trim sliders and I also like to be able to hear the throttle timer engage when I push the stick past 30%. It's no biggie, the guys who bought the QQ's paid a lot more for their radios than I did for my standard DX18 so they deserve the nicer sounding beeps I guess.
Did you get it from Horizon?
Jul 07, 2013, 04:49 AM
Flying in Italy
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding link frame loss.
At the end of my flights I usual read on my 18 telemetry these values about frame loss:
Internal receiver A: 255
Internal receiver B: 752
External satellite: 297

I know that it's normal to lose some frames in frequency hopping, but I would like to ask if the reported counters are in a normal range.
Also if a range exists, what is the limit ?
After how many packet losses it's a good practice investigate on receiver antenna position ?

Ugo
Jul 07, 2013, 05:42 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugobay
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding link frame loss.
At the end of my flights I usual read on my 18 telemetry these values about frame loss:
Internal receiver A: 255
Internal receiver B: 752
External satellite: 297

I know that it's normal to lose some frames in frequency hopping, but I would like to ask if the reported counters are in a normal range.
Also if a range exists, what is the limit ?
After how many packet losses it's a good practice investigate on receiver antenna position ?

Ugo
That is not indicating frame losses. That is showing antenna fades. Your numbers are not uncommon but I would maybe make an attempt on the 752 if possible.

I often get numbers below 100 and zero frame losses.
Jul 07, 2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog7
I wonder if any of you have an insight into what I'm obviously missing?
Go to the Custom FM setup and shuffle things around so that it does what you want with the switches in the positions you want. That's why that functionality is there.

Heli mode doesn't have the same capabilities, so you probably didn't realize it even exists.

Hope that helps.

Andy
Jul 07, 2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Updates normally contained all the previous ones.

C requires you have the previous version already installed and its why both are available on the community website.
I'm going off memory here and so this info may be suspect but IIRC Andy said that on the 10's & 18's the updates had to be done sequentially while it was not necessary on the DX-8's?

Now normally on any kind of a software update, the latest versions are cumulative and you need not install prior versions which is why the information I THINK I saw about updating my DX-18's was different. Mine have been done as updates come out so it wasn't any big deal for me but perhaps Andy might clarify the question/answer?

Quick Reply