Feb 13, 2013, 04:01 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Or have a spotter/co-pilot change the values while you fly. Do this at your own risk of course.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly4Fun2
Hi Andy - thank you for replying. I had heard you were the guy to talk to about this and was hoping you would chime in. If I use the Flight Mode switch as the D/R switch, I am limited to a max of three, not five.....or I am missing something?

Andy
Feb 13, 2013, 08:21 PM
That worked. I was trying to set the D/R to a switch. When I went to the Flight Modes, at least I was able to use it at little closer to what I wanted.

I still can't find a way to use true dual rates within the Flight Modes. Right now, I am just using it to set the travel limit.

Thank you to everyone for helping.
Feb 13, 2013, 09:56 PM
No bounce, No play.
Here is an example of different dual rate for aileron on each flight mode. Pics and the SPM.
Feb 14, 2013, 07:10 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
I think he ment having triple rates for each FM so for a 5 fm setup he would have 15 d/r rates.
Feb 14, 2013, 07:57 AM
Thanks DavidMC for the pics. That is similar to what I am using now (only I use 4 modes), but it also looks like the DX18 is limited to a single rate per flight mode.

While I do not necessarily need 15 different rates (3X/ 5 flight mode like the SD-10 has or even 2X / 8 flight conditions like the Futaba 9Z has), I would like more than what I can get the DX18 to do (1X/5 FM).

I know the DX18 can have programming updates. Is there a way to send suggestions to the product development team with ideas to improve the radio?
Feb 14, 2013, 08:29 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Thanks DavidMC for the pics. That is similar to what I am using now (only I use 4 modes), but it also looks like the DX18 is limited to a single rate per flight mode.

While I do not necessarily need 15 different rates (3X/ 5 flight mode like the SD-10 has or even 2X / 8 flight conditions like the Futaba 9Z has), I would like more than what I can get the DX18 to do (1X/5 FM).
IC I didn't quite get what you were asking for.
Quote:
Is there a way to send suggestions to the product development team with ideas to improve the radio?
You just did. Andy takes note of everything that is discussed and in all likelihood somebody has already put that forth and it is in the request list.

I guess we are in the same boat. There's a few things I wish had been included in the radio but have reached a more or less reasonable satisfaction/compromise for now.
Feb 14, 2013, 08:37 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
....I would like more than what I can get the DX18 to do (1X/5 FM)....
So if I understand correctly, you want to switch flight modes with whatever favorite switch/switches you want, and be able to switch to two or more different rate settings while in said flight modes.

It may be a little complicated but what if you used mixing a channel to itself. Have the mix be activated by a Combo-Switch so you have to be in a certain flight mode and a dual rate switch in the correct position for the mix to be active.

You could chose whether the mix is positive or negative and cause movement of a particular surface to mix to itself and either amplify or reduce the actual amount of travel.
Feb 14, 2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
I know the DX18 can have programming updates. Is there a way to send suggestions to the product development team with ideas to improve the radio?
You just did

Andy
Feb 15, 2013, 09:09 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the DIY capacity sensor including capacity alarm made by Schorsch is ready ! You can use 3 different current sensors (50A, 100A, 200A) and set the capacity alarm in the sensor.
I tested the 50A and 200A sensor, both work very nicely !

So stop waiting and build it yourself. The components cost about 20-30€.

Have a look here: http://www.rctronix.de/wp/?p=120
Feb 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Just wanted to let you know that the DIY capacity sensor including capacity alarm made by Schorsch is ready ! You can use 3 different current sensors (50A, 100A, 200A) and set the capacity alarm in the sensor.
I tested the 50A and 200A sensor, both work very nicely !

So stop waiting and build it yourself. The components cost about 20-30€.

Have a look here: http://www.rctronix.de/wp/?p=120
English version?
Feb 15, 2013, 10:05 AM
Ask me
Feb 15, 2013, 10:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Ask me
Asked.
Feb 15, 2013, 11:40 AM
You can read schematics, flashing the Atmel should be no problem.

You see in the Powerbox menu the used cap and voltage, also this sensor supplies "Amps" data like the Spektrum Amp sensor. Use the jumper to adjust the alarm capacity (you see the set value during powerup in the Powerbox Menu).

I think I will talk to Jürgen and maybe do a translation

Or try google translation. Just tried it, it works really well (to my surprise)
http://translate.google.at/translate...p%2F%3Fp%3D120

It's DIY, so be creative
Feb 17, 2013, 11:59 AM
I am a happy user of a Aurora A9 who was hopefully waiting for their next radio release with a few more channels. Since that did not happen I may consider buying another radio primarily for sailplane use and some scale stuff builds where more channels are sometimes a must.

I have a few questions.

1 Reliability of the new radio. I did leave Spektrum in the past because I had intermittent problems with range or brown outs. How reliable is this radio?

2 how well do after market receivers work? I refer to the Orange line of receivers.

3 Can I assign a throttle to a switch and program throttle curves for motor ramps?

4 Does the telemetry have a voice output via the transmitter?

5 I looked at the telemetry sensors and could not find a variometer. Is there one in the works or are there any third party modules than can work with the DX.

Thanks in advance,

Mannie

Quick Reply