Jan 25, 2013, 06:48 AM
*** gravity sucks ***
This vspeak, is that only for iDevices or is it in the transmitter? I have no iXxxx
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 09:00 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
For those interested - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1817166
Jan 25, 2013, 11:03 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotor View Post
You might want to wait with that for a little while. Graupner is in a pretty severe financial situation, they're in some sort of 'chapter 11'.
I've been keeping an eye on that. Not so much a failing company but rather they basically blew their load getting the HoTT up and running so if it takes off they should be fine.
Jan 25, 2013, 02:55 PM
jrb
jrb

Spektrum vs. EagleTree & others?

Anybody using the Spektrum Telemetry system in place of traditional Whattmeters & tachs?

Has anyone compared the Spektum's data and usability to EagleTree and the others?

Etc.?

TIA,

Jim
Jan 25, 2013, 03:13 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Anybody using the Spektrum Telemetry system in place of traditional Whattmeters & tachs?

Has anyone compared the Spektum's data and usability to EagleTree and the others?

Etc.?

TIA,

Jim
I have never had a tach other than using telemetry. Tells me enough about how different props are spinning.

The Eagle Tree and Castle ICE data are all I have ever used for checking power draw. They are both top drawer since they can be viewed on Windows PC.

He is getting close to a good Windows program now though:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=207

This version is working very nice now:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=212
Last edited by davidmc36; Jan 25, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Jan 25, 2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotor View Post
This vspeak, is that only for iDevices or is it in the transmitter? I have no iXxxx
Of course without I-toys. It is a small device you build into your radio. It is a small converter PCB, which converts the SPI data from the TX module (you have to solder 5 wires to the RF module), and the vspeak module, a small pcb with a 3.5mm headphone jack, micro SD card and a remote pushbutton. It gets power from the radio, and tells you the telemetry data, alarms (you must set in vspeak). With the button you can activate speech, vario, and configure it. Sounds complicated, but is actually very easy.

Google it and have a look, currently the Spektrum version is not listed, because in development, but it works like the other versions.
Jan 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
Of course without I-toys. It is a small device you build into your radio. It is a small converter PCB, which converts the SPI data from the TX module (you have to solder 5 wires to the RF module), and the vspeak module, a small pcb with a 3.5mm headphone jack, micro SD card and a remote pushbutton. It gets power from the radio, and tells you the telemetry data, alarms (you must set in vspeak). With the button you can activate speech, vario, and configure it. Sounds complicated, but is actually very easy.

Google it and have a look, currently the Spektrum version is not listed, because in development, but it works like the other versions.
I have been on that site a few times. Noticed the Spek under development. If it works out that may solve my problems and avoid the whole brand change thing something like I solved the lack of throttle activated timer on the DX7 by getting an add-on module. Soldering is a piece of cake!. I would be happy to stay with the DX18 since I find the RF performance rock solid and have been able to work around most of the programming shortfalls by some manual editing of the spm files.

Please keep us up to date when it is ready to go, in case we forget to check.
Jan 25, 2013, 05:22 PM
You can bet. I could install it without drilling at in the DX18 (used the holes for tension adjustment at the back).
Jan 25, 2013, 05:26 PM
Can't wrap my head around as to why spektrum doesn't do this themselves.
Jan 25, 2013, 05:52 PM
They did. Using STi dongle and app
Jan 25, 2013, 05:56 PM
If that was the ideal solution, Vspeak wouldn't be developing their Spektrum add-on.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:04 PM
Vspeak was there way before the STi thingy....

And the voice (generated by an Atmel MCU) of vspeak is way better than the i-toy
Jan 25, 2013, 06:21 PM
If you say so, I have no experience with that product.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
If that was the ideal solution, Vspeak wouldn't be developing their Spektrum add-on.
But the ideal solution is based on your needs and we don't all have the same needs.
Jan 25, 2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
But the ideal solution is based on your needs and we don't all have the same needs.
Oh comon, don't be silly.... I'm sure almost everybody can agree that a built-in-audio-module is better than no built-in-audio-module. I mean: more features, at the cost of nothing, is allways better.

Quick Reply