Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 03, 2012, 12:36 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
I use a JR/DSM case that was designed (by the looks of it) for a DX6i/DX7/DX8 because it has the bent antenna cutout. I put the DX18 in it and it works perfectly. Sits a little more 'snug', but it works.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2012, 12:38 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
I have a question regarding the timer, that I cannot seem to fathom out.

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
Oct 03, 2012, 12:43 AM
No bounce, No play.
davidmc36's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
I have a question regarding the timer, that I cannot seem to fathom out.

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
It gives you a single beep one minute before the end.

See post 3247 and the few that follow it.
Oct 03, 2012, 08:02 AM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
The old JR s gave One minute beep- then a final countdown beep for last 10 seconds (something like that)
I liked the multiple count down -- no mistaking it for first or second beep!
Perhaps the guys at Spektrum could find some stray bits of chip space to do a multiple final count

To sleep -perchance to dream-----
Oct 03, 2012, 08:19 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
I have a question regarding the timer, that I cannot seem to fathom out.

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
Are you sure it was counting down, the DX18 along with the other radios will 1 minute Beep every minute when counting UP
Oct 03, 2012, 08:44 AM
Registered User
pda4you's Avatar
I REALLY like the one minute beep (rather than minutes) as you know that beep is the last one. The last 10 seconds and final alarm are unmistakable on the DX18. I like....
Oct 03, 2012, 08:45 AM
AMF Years
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
I REALLY like the one minute beep (rather than minutes) as you know that beep is the last one. The last 10 seconds and final alarm are unmistakable on the DX18. I like....
I agreee...prefer one minute beep.
Oct 03, 2012, 08:45 AM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
I have a question regarding the timer, that I cannot seem to fathom out.

On my DX6i, the countdown used to give me a tone every minute of the countdown, I cannot seem to get the same from the DX18. I have scrolled through the menus and I cannot seem to find out if this is possible or not.
No it isn't.

The AirWare transmitters beep only at T-1minute, then do a 10-second countdown with alarm at 0, then at T+every minute.

Andy
Oct 03, 2012, 09:52 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
No it isn't.

The AirWare transmitters beep only at T-1minute, then do a 10-second countdown with alarm at 0, then at T+every minute.

Andy
Thats a bit of a shame, I really liked the 1 minute reminder.....maybe something to consider in the next SW update? Nice feature, not critical, but certainly useful.
Oct 03, 2012, 11:48 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
Just set timer 2 to count up and you will get your one minute beep every minute.
Oct 03, 2012, 12:40 PM
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Just set timer 2 to count up and you will get your one minute beep every minute.
Then try to remember what all the beeps n grunts were for --
The DX18 countdown is great -(could you make the one minute beep into a "ding?") except I sometimes miss the one miute "blip"
Oct 03, 2012, 01:23 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
It's a single beep every minute, it's pretty easy to know what it's for.

I just provided the member with a way of getting is one minute beeps.
Oct 03, 2012, 01:27 PM
Registered User
Need some help please. Spent about a hour last night trying to set up my motor and controls and by the end of the night i had everything working okay but my elev servo was twitching allthough my voltage read about 7.2 volts i thought it might need charging. This evening i came to turn the radio after a full charge the receiver which is a AR9020 the receiver lights came on but got no responce at all. the motor allso did not work just beeped meaning it was not receiving a signal. Rebound again but to no avail. what is wrong.
Oct 03, 2012, 01:36 PM
Registered User
Buschbarber's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Need some help please. Spent about a hour last night trying to set up my motor and controls and by the end of the night i had everything working okay but my elev servo was twitching allthough my voltage read about 7.2 volts i thought it might need charging. This evening i came to turn the radio after a full charge the receiver which is a AR9020 the receiver lights came on but got no responce at all. the motor allso did not work just beeped meaning it was not receiving a signal. Rebound again but to no avail. what is wrong.
What esc, bec or separate Rx battery, servos?
Oct 03, 2012, 01:56 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
freechip's Avatar
The easy way to find out what is going on is start with the basics.

Bind receiver to radio and then confirm connection by using a receiver pack and servo.

Once that is done you know the radio and receiver part of it is working and you can move on to other things like proper power, esc arming and stuff like that.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Spektrum DSM2 and the Nats - Question for Spektrum/JR users aeajr Sailplane Talk 25 May 29, 2012 03:14 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Dec 20, 2011 05:12 PM
Sold Spektrum DX6 6-channel System with Spektrum AR6000 Receiver $50 shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Dec 14, 2011 07:30 PM
For Sale Spektrum & JR 2.4 Ghz DSM2 receivers for sale I have a sailplane sized Spektrum AR93 zaptherio Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 1 Nov 15, 2011 05:14 PM
Sold SPEKTRUM DX6i DSMX with Spektrum Ni-cads and charger- like new condition shooboy Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 6 Oct 19, 2011 04:59 AM